Coup d' Etat - Clues? Phrase? Power?

uvp

ok here goes--- julie said that the phrase is well known and can be applied to BB. She never said the house guests said this phrase. Just that it is well known. This being said... here is MY theory. The sheep, of course, is a clue for "YOU" and the needle and thread is a clue for "SOW".... as in "YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW." I am feeling really good about this. I think I got it.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really thought it was "Do Not Assume" yesterday UNTIL I found out that the fly was not a clue to the phrase. Then someone posted on page 3 the exact transcript of what Julie said: "well know phrase that applies to BB" not a phrase used in BB. Until BB show I don't think "Do Not Assume" is a well-known phrase.

Now there is the needle and thread as clue 2 which makes it really seem like it is "you reap what you sow". I am wondering if any of the HG have figured out that the female sheep is also a "ewe" for "you". If will said "you reap what you sow" he could be winner of the coup.....especially if their next clue has a sickel or hoe as in "reap". i'd rather will get the answer then dani. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You reap what you sow and pull the wool over your eyes are both good guesses so far. I do not think it has anything to do with DNA - that seems far fetched to me.

I do not think anyone has said this one. It could be "a wolf in sheep's clothing".

ok here goes--- julie said that the phrase is well known and can be applied to BB. She never said the house guests said this phrase. Just that it is well known. This being said... here is MY theory. The sheep, of course, is a clue for "YOU" and the needle and thread is a clue for "SOW".... as in "YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW." I am feeling really good about this. I think I got it.

A sow is a pig.

SEW is the needle/thread thing.

Just to clear things up.

Newbie here guys but I love you board. Now for the question at hand. I did not tape the show but if I remember correctly Julie told them that all questions this week would pretain to past seasons. I do not know if this was in the beginning of the show middle or close to the end. If you have it taped maybe you could just check it out. If that is what she said then I really do believe that as bad as it seems Dani may be correct. Dolly the sheep, first mammal to ever be cloned thru DNA. The spool of thread (I think the needle is put there for confusion) as in stands of DNA. Season five afterall was the season of DNA>>Do Not Assume.

I just keep holding on the thinking that Julie said all questions this week would pretain to past BB episodes.

I realize that DMW, but somewhere in the show she also said that all questions asked this week would apply to seasons past. To me that means that since this new power is up for grabs that the puzzle is also gonna apply to season past.

Sorry didn't mean to make you defensive

Quote: Chasing.Cars

A sow is a pig.

SEW is the needle/thread thing.

Just to clear things up.

Both definitions are correct although pronounced differently. Just to clear things up.

sow1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s)

v. sowed, sown, (sn) or sowed sow

I REALLY think that BB would not make it so simple to be guessed the first day...with just the sheep revealed. Those who guessed early (Dani) are gonna be SOL for jumping the gun. Those who wait, will get it. IMHO. ;)

Sigh.

You guys that are insisting on the DNA thing are not getting the hints right. This is like a puzzle, like the game where they show hints to a phrase using pictures.

A female sheep is a EWE, and the Needle and thread equals SEW. But using phonics is the name of the game and that is turned into YOU and SOW. Which is NOT only defined as a female pig, but also used in the phrase 'YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW'. Meaning SEEDS. Or do you think that when they say that phrase they are talking about female pigs?

I am just curious, how is "you reap what you sew" a common phrase applied to Big Brother? I have never heard Julie say anything even close to that. However, she has said "do Not Assume". What are you all thinking. I've had enough of this. Not logical! Go James and Dani!

I'm just as confused as the rest. The question is does "You reap what you sow" fall into the category of a BB phrase? I don't remember hearing that on any of the commercials unless one of the HGs said it. Anyone else remember this phrase being used?

Yea, Cindy, that's a good guess. I'm sure the female sheep is a EWE and that is part of the phrase.

I highly doubt BB would send in a sheep as a comparison to Dolly the cloned sheep, expect players to think DNA, for Do Not Assume. It doesn't make sense and it's a pretty big stretch.

Julie never said a phrase that is used in BB. She said a common phrase that applies to the BB game.

I am 100% certain the phrase is NOT Do Not Assume.

'You reap what you sow' is a common phrase that applies to BB.

The type of puzzle where pictures are substituted for words is called a Rebus and yeah I keep hoping DNA is still right, but a Rebus makes more since and depending on the last clue You reap what you sow is an excellant guess. Just seems like they could have said its a rebus, some of the HG still wouldn't have gotten that hint.

I think Dani guessed "Project DNA" & Erika guessed "Do Not Asume". To me either sounds good but they are 2 diff answers. Either would apply to direct phrases used in past BB seasons.

The you reap what you sow thing sounds good too. It wasn't a direct phrase used by Julie in a past season but it def applies to the game.

Who knows :wacko: Will we not find out til Thurs on the live show? No feed leaks?

Archived