Coup d' Etat - Clues? Phrase? Power?

uvp

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont have the best eyes...but it looks like a giant spool of thread?.....so i go back to the pretty often guessed 'wolf in sheep's clothing' a 'common phrase, that applies to the game'

NOT 'a common phrase IN the big brother game'

2davbb45_2.jpg

I am thinking like you Pave that every clue represents a word in the phrase. Also I thought Chenbot said they got one clue each day so the fly had to be a clue but Boogie just told Will they were only going to get 3 or 4 clues so maybe the fly wasn't a clue

So

Clue 1 = ewe (or you) or sheep or lamb or wool or sheer

Clue 2 = eye (or I), thread, spool, needle, sew, stitch, spool

UGH I am terrible at puzzles & riddles :rolleyes:

Boogie came up w/You reap what you sew which is good but I don't remember that ever being a BB phrase.

"Lady JL" is 100% right, the houseguests are assuming it's a Big Brother phrase, but by the way Julie worded it, it is a common phrase not a BB phrase. Do Not Assume is probably wrong then.... I Can't believe that no one has guessed "u reep what you sew".

Okay. I decided to start a list of guesses that have been made as to the Coup d'etat answer. So far, we have 2 clues: the sheep and the big needle and thread.

Let's start listing everyone who has guessed and their guesses:

Danielle: Do Not Assume (DNA)

James: Pull the wool over your eyes

Howie: Wolf in sheeps clothing

Erika: NOT SURE

Chicken George: NOT SURE

these are all i got :huh: If you know any more, let me know, and if you know the ones that are blank, post those too!

drunk jeff - Will was guessing "you reep what you sew" on the live feeds, but he has not rung the bell yet. I believe he and boogie are waiting for the next clue.

It could be "pull the wool over someone's eyes". The sheep would be wool. The needle and thread represent the eye of the needle. This phrase would apply to BB too.

We have 2 clues:

#1. Sheep

#2. big needle and spool of thread

These are the only guesses i know that houseguests have guessed:

Danielle- Do Not Assume

James- Pull the wool over your eyes

Howie- Wolf in sheep's clothing

I think a couple other one's that make sense:

Big Brother is watching EWE (ewe=female sheep, watching=eye of needle...)

EWE reap what you sew (ewe= female sheep, sew= needle and thread)... will was thinking of guessing this, but he said since almost everyone has guessed he'll wait...

It's really tricky because of the way julie worded it... did she purposely say "applies" rather than "in" the bb house/game???

I think some people are seeing the title of this topic and then coming and posting without reading any of the previous post.

1)DNA/The Sheep]----The Fly---Dani got this from the movie The Fly with Jeff Goldblum. DNA was used some way in this movie. With the sheep she got DNA because of Dolly the sheep being cloned. The sheep had a pink bow around its neck. This has been presumed to be because the sheep was a female. So from having to use DNA to clone something and from DNA being used in the movie The Fly, Dani came up with that answer. At this time Im not sure whether or not the KNOT in the thread has been talk about as meaning NOT. If it does, that could be where the NOT in Do NOT Assume comes in.

2----Will told Boogie the DR told him the fly was not a clue. We dont know if that is true or not. But why would Will lie to Boogie??

3----The phrase does not have to be a phrase, saying, quote or anything of that nature that has been used in EVERY BB. It was never stated by Julie ANYTIME that the phrase was one used in every BB game. It is just a phrase that appplies to the game.

:huh:

The phrase is You Reap What You Sow not sew.

I had a thought earlier about the Coup d'Etat. What if one of the benefits was to be able to go backstage and spy on the other HG to see what they are really saying? That would really be helpful in the game. :D

You guys can give up on the 'Do not assume' thing. That's not it.

The sheep is a Ewe, that is the clue.

And the second clue is that giant spool of thread with the needle.

It's going to be simple, not some kind of elaberate brain teaser. There is no way that BB put in that sheep to give the clue of Dolly the freaking cloned sheep.

The fake fly WAS NOT a clue. It's been confirmed.

The large spool of thread with needle had a sign on top of it that said "Clue #2."

Here are the guesses so far:

Danielle - Do Not Assume

Erika - Do Not Assume

Chicken George - ?

James - Pull the wool over one's eyes

Howie - Wolf in sheep's clothing

Yes to guess: Janelle, Marcellas, Will, & Boogie

Archived