Coup d' Etat - Clues? Phrase? Power?

uvp

This is far fetched but what about

"thread of decency"

Decency coming from the sheep as the lamb is considered to be the purest animal or whatever.

You know "the lion will lay down with the lamb" or whatever.

Told you it was far fetched.

Im still going w "DNA" or "You reep what you sow" or maybe "stringing you along"

;)

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Louise,

There have been two clues already.

1)A female sheep w a pink bow around it neck, eating oats.

2)A big spool of thread and needle

We dont know how many more clues there will be.

Dani just gussed "reap what you sow"

Jani hasnt been thinking much about it. Dani and CT have figured it out. CT will get it.

Of course I KNOW Dani already guessed DNA. She guessed that Thursday night.

I said "Dani JUST guessed reap what you sow. Meaning JUST as I was typing the message while watching the live feeds. She told Will and Boogie and when they get the next clue, Boogies going to guard the bell and if the clue fits that phtase, Wills gonna yell at Boogie and hes gonna ring the bell!

<_<

Louise we thought the fly was a clue, but it wasnt.

If that's true "April", then it's definately "you reap what you sow".

I don't know why some people can't understand that a common phrase that applies to the BB game, does not have to be a phrase that's ever been spoken in BB history. It's just a common phrase in everyday life, that would make sense if you applied it to the BB game!!!

Since alot of people think it's "you reap what you sow", how are they going to make a prop that symbolizes "reap" or "what" as the next clue....something to do with harvesting, I guess.

SpaceCowGirl-

Here's Mine

big brother is watching 'ewe'

Sounds good too! "Big Brother" is a character in the novel 1984 that is never seen but is always heard. In the novel every citizen is under constant surveillance by the ruling powers through TV screens. Throughout the novel the people are always reminded that "Big Brother is watching you"

That phrase has really become popular lately with such things as the Patriot Act and concerned citizens that over intrusive governments are spying and watching citizens every moves through spying. Applies very much to this game.

Problem is how you equate a giant neddle and thread to the phrase.

Yes Stev...thats what Dani, Erica na CT will be looking for. A "Scream" mask, theGrim Reaper, a plow or something of the sort. They wouldnt necessarily have to do a clue for what. But if the did, a simple question mark would suffice.

But if someone told you female sheep, needle and thread, youd most likely be able to figure it out with just those 2 clues. I mean we all did.

Dani is begging CT to go in and for one of them to guess it b4 the next clue but they wont. They want to wait for the next clue.

HURRY JANIE!!! Shes to worried about all the other stuff and she doesnt seem to be focusing on the clues/phrase. Wake up girl!! Youve figured out James, now figure out Will and the phrase and you and Howie MAY be ok.

:unsure:

Quote: "Problem is how you equate a giant neddle and thread to the phrase."

The real problem is that they call the show BB for one reason - live feeds. The real element of what BB is has been lost on the producers. BB to CBS is a all expense paid vacation for a bunch of wannabe actors.

Sorry to spoil this Clue thread but I had to rant.

I shouldn't even be in this thread because I have no idea what this whole coupie thing is anyway!

I don't know if anybody else has said this (this thread is sooo friggin' long) BUT

most of the guesses (for instance "you are the new HOH) are sentences and Julie stated that it was a phrase. A phrase is NOT a sentence.

A phrase is a string of words within a clause or a sentence. I take that to mean it isn't a complete sentence, But then again, who knows. :rolleyes:

Yea, Ladiejl, I bet those two are kicking themselves because they guessed so early. If Will or Mike go and guess that phrase, I wonder if they would put up Janie and Howie(if you can put up the current HOH) or if they just let the noms stand.

On the other hand, if Janie or Howie got it, could they put up Dani and James, or if the POV winner exempt too?

A lot of questions unanswered. I just hope James 'reaps' what he has sown. heh :rolleyes:

I don't think that's the case, DMW. I think there is a new phrase each week. The winner has to use it the week they get it.

I'll leave the original post, but you're right. I just read it on CBS.com, only the winner will know what the power is and they can use it in any of the next three weeks.

I think it is

"so, I nominate you" blah, blah . . . we hear it all the time and it would be only a prhase.

If a giant eye shows up I am going to hurt myself from patting my own back. . . Much in the style of Dani who has convinced herself that she has won.

If an eye dose show up I bet she will convince her self she is still right. . . . "the eye is brown, brown eyes are in our DNA code . . I am still right". :huh:

Archived