Coup d' Etat - Clues? Phrase? Power?

uvp

Alot of what she says applies to the general public who don't watch the feeds or read the forums. So, for them, the HG's will in fact "find out" Thursday night. For all of us who watch what's happening in real time it's a little different. Why don't we all just wait and see what happens.

I agree that this is the case most of the time. However, in one of Boogie's DR sessions shown on last nights show, he even said they they would not find out until Thursday if they won and what the power is. Unless I heard him wrong.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's NOT what Chicken George said..... huh.gif

He said "You should expect to expect the unexpected"...I agree that it wasn't the best guess, but he WAS the first person in the house to get "ewe" out of the female sheep and "expect the unexpected" was also a phrase used in one of POV comps..

i know that what he said and i know it's common phrase..you just missed my point...that guess didn't make any sense to me if you look at the clues..and is that somekind of achievement that he guessed one word...

I have a question, did julie say it was a phrase commonly used in the BB game, or a phrase commonly associated with the bb game?.. you reap what you sow, and you sow what you reap, doesn't seem like to me has a place in the game, other than from time to time you hear a houseguest use it, but even that doesn't seem to happen often, so I don't understand why that would be the phrase. also, was the grim reaper really the 3rd clue, they thought that the fly was clue and it wasn't... just curious about that also..

I wonder how exact the phrase was supposed to be, if Boogie's or Janelle's guesses were correct? I also "Googled" the phrase (You Reap What You Sow) and this is what I got:

As you sow so shall you reap

Meaning

Origin

From the Bible, Galatians vi. 'Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.'

If both of them guessed the same phrase, who will be correct? According to the above, Janie would be correct, not Boogie.

I apologize if this is a repeat of someone's else's post. I didn't go back and read all the past posts.

For those that don't understand the meaning of

"You reap what you sow"

It means "to experience the results of your own actions" - that definitely applies in the Big Brother House.

Etymology: from the idea that the quality of the seeds that you sow (= put into the ground) grow into the kind of plants that you are able to reap (= cut and collect)

It appears in the Bible (New Testament) in Galatians 6:7 - Paul's letter to the Galatians

And that ends today's sermon! :P:lol::P:lol:

I just read this at Reality BBQ from one of their posters.

"I think Boogie got the phrase wrong. There were THREE clues given out. I think, therefore, that there are THREE parts of the phrase:

I think the phrase they are looking for is -- EWE and EYE till THE END. Having the Grim Reaper represent "reap" is way too obvious. I'm thinking that the sheep leads to EWE, the needle leads to EYE, and the Grim Reaper signals death, or THE END. I think the Coup d'Etat is still up for grabs." - Kevin

Thought it was a possibility...

While I was searching for the phrase on Google, I read several other articles and came to the conclusion that the phrase fits in with the words that are written on the walls of the house and the good and evil theme. For instance, you sow hate, you reap hate. You sow deceit, you reap deceit. You sow love, you reap love. (I forgot what the 4th word was. :unsure: )

I don't think BB has informed Boogie that he guessed correctly. I think he's just assuming that he's correct, like Danielle did when she guessed. We probably won't know for sure until it's televised.

I hope Janelle does win it, just because it would make it very interesting, as everyone in the house will complain even more about Janelle and how BB gives her everything/etc. Where if someone else wins it, you already know who they are going to target automatically which is Janelle/Howie, so where's the excitment/drama in that? I just would prefer more drama, instead of a summer camp.

why is mortystv already saying tht mike boogie has won the coup d-etat how is tht possible if the houseguest arent even told if they'd won or not. Are they just assuming he won cuz they think his answer is a good one cuz i dont ever remember hearing in all the seasons of big brother any1 saying You Reap What You Sow. Can sum1 clear this up for me

What if the Coup d' Etat is not won this week? Will they try again next week?

I have a feeling that the clues given have a double meaning. That way there is a better chance of someone guessing the right answer. i.e. "ewe and eye till the end" and "ewe reap what you sew". Just a conspiracy theory.

maybe it has been discussed, but i missed it..............what was erika's reasoning for going into the diary room immediately after danielle to guess the exact thing that danielle guessed? didnt they talk about the guess before danielle made it, so erika knew what dani was guessing? was she trying to be sure she didnt win whatever it was?

it just seems really really dumb

I caugh that last night too Nurse. Until then I thought Dani had guess Project DNA & Erika had guessed Do Not Assume. But now knowing they both guessed Do Not Assume is wierd. I feel like Dani would have told Erika what she guessed but who knows.

Have you read the other Coup D'Etat thread? Lots of discussion there. No need to start another thread.

================

Hey, I want to know what John Smith asked. Why does Mortys say Boogie won. And what is the name of the other thread ? I didnt find one at first glance.

I guess I'll go look again. :P

Who thinks that Boogie will use the power of the Coup d' etet to replace the nominees?

Personally,

I dont think he will use it because he is satisfied with the nominations and probably doesnt want to bother them.

But who knows, Anything can happen.

Guest StarBaby

It's not known for sure. People are assuming (LOL - do not assume).

Here's another of my rambling thoughts. I have seen Janelle reading the bible several times over the last week or so. What if........... she happened to have read that biblical phrase that someone mentioned earlier about sowing what you reap and reaping what you sow? She might have given a more complete answer than Boogie did. I know, grabbing at straws here, but I just had to throw out a "what if".

Truth is, Boogie probably won it, but I don't buy that BB told him that he did. I think Boogie is just running his pie hole to make people think it is a done deal, and anyone that hadn't guessed yet would give up, just in case he isn't right.

Good points, StarBaby. You can actually find it in the Bible in both forms that Boogie and Janelle said it, but I think Booger's guess is more common.

Maybe BB won't give it to either, since the show is "rigged" ;). Maybe they are looking for something wildly formal like "As you sow so shall you reap."

Is there anything in the Bible about grasping at straws? I'm such a cynic; we can only hope - it's not like CT needs any more flippin' advantages!

Archived