Coup d' Etat - Clues? Phrase? Power?

uvp

I brought up the YOU AND I TO THE END back on post #403

and the grammar thing was brought up in post #410 and #422

Apparently none of the last few posters have been following this thread. Everything you have written has been said or asked/answered earlier in the thread; no wonder there are so many posts in this thread - no one actually reads anyone else's posts.

Sorry Sunshine. I didn't read your post before posting about the previous posts.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who questions if the reaper was even an actual clue. This may have just been to throw off the other players on what the phrase is (just like the fly everyone thought before was a clue). I question it because of two reasons:

1. From what I have read, there was no card or any other identifier that the reaper was the third clue. The first two clues explicitly mentioned they were clues. Was there any clear indication it was a clue? Did BB confirm it was a clue. I don't know for sure.

2. From what I have read, only Danielle and Boogie saw the reaper. If this is true, it would appear odd to me since all the Houseguests got to see the first two clues.

Anyway that's what I think. I hope either the reaper isn't the third clue or a fourth clue is given so Janelle still has a chance of winning it. It would be hilarious to see Danielle and James whole strategy to eliminate Janelle blow up in their faces. Anyway, lets keep this discussion going and someone answer whether the reaper was clearly identified as the third clue and if Danielle and Boogie were the only ones to see it.

Nikkisixx wrote

Man, I wish my grammar teacher sister wasn't at a parent-teacher conference. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think "You and I to the end" is grammatically correct. I think it would be "You and me to the end"...not that it really matters because I feel pretty sure that Boogie got the answer...

"You and me" or "You and I" really depends whether they are serving as subjects or objects in a sentence.

You and I will make it to the end of the game.

In the end it will be you and me.

Quite honestly "You and I or me to the end" isn't a common enough phrase IMO.

Can anyone confirm if Danielle and Boogie were the only ones to see the Reaper and if it was clearly identified (by BB or something else like a card) that it was the third clue. If they were the only ones and it wasn't clearly identified, I stand by my theory that the reaper was placed there to throw off the contestants just like the fly did earlier (intentionally or not).

Well, according to the ad for thurs show, someone has definately won the Coup. The commercial ran during Rockstar. Or it is just CBS blowing smoke again. But I found it interesting that Boogie was not shown during the commercial at all.

Dep

From what I was told, a discussion on Jokers is that Boogie told Will that he thinks he forgot to say the word "you" and only said "reap what you sew" and Janie stated the whole phrase. ??? I'm not watching the feeds so I can't confirm.

^^^Well it definitely wouldn't be the first time CBS aired misleading ads. Can someone confirm if Boogie and Danielle were the only people who saw the reaper and if the reaper was not clearly identified as the third clue? If so, I still stand by my theory that the reaper was meant to throw off the players on the phrase.

P.S. Maybe CBS was planning to reveal the winner on Tuesdays show, but since no-one guessed the correct phrase they couldn't meaning Boogie hasn't guessed the correct phrase. That's another one of my theories :D .

Does anyone know if Boogie has won the power for sure? Could he be lieing about winning the power? The reason I ask is because my son thought of a whole different answer that seems to fit more to Big Brother than "You reap what you sew". My son's answer was "You and I to the end". It seems more likely that you would hear "you and I to the end" than you would "you reap what you sew". Anyway, it was just a thought....and more ideas out there?

Sry Mini but I don't think "you & I til the end" is even in the ballpark. But no one ever accused me of being good at solving puzzles :P . None of us knows including the HG. We won't know til Wed. The whole house pretty much thinks Boogie's has won, as do I, but nothing's for sure til Thurs :D

You and I til the end is not a good guess that applies to BB because alliances always break in BB. You reap what you sow is more fitting as it applies to the game and payback. I am with the crowd that is pretty sure booger got it. We shall see Thurs. :P

No - I they wanted "eye" for "I" they wouldn't have needed the thread. I'm pretty sure that's "sew".

THe original phrase is "as you sow, so shall you reap," and the spool and thread was labelled "Clue 2" which makes me think that order may matter, in which case Mike's guess won't be counted as right.

They should have had a donkey AND the sheep, and then TWO spools w/ needles. That would give "Ass ewe sew sew ..." and then they could have had a shell and another sheep ... but I guess no matter what the answer is the clues are not word for word.

From reading the live feed updates I thought other HG's had heard BB say Mike had won it. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Correct me if I'm wrong but CBS didn't show the reaper as being the third clue on last night's show.

I wonder why, especially when you add that only two HGs saw it in the house.

I don\'t know if anyone said this but. \"you have sealed your partners fat\" - Kayser speaking to

Maggie about Eric in season six of Big Brother.

I was thinking that this might have been it. Before I found out that Boggies guess was the

correct one. Lol. CBS with yet another dud.

Archived