Coup d' Etat - Clues? Phrase? Power?

uvp

I think the GR was the final clue since we haven't seen any today...

From what I understand, BB won't absolutely confirm who won until Thursday. I think Booger is so confident in his guess that he is ass-uming he won. Here's hoping I have another reason to call him an idiot...but his guess seems obvious.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there's much hope in that.

Danielle, Erika, James, and George all voted just after seeing the sheep. From what I remember, they showed Danielle's and George's guesses.

Howie guessed after seeing the needle/thread. Apparently his guess was spool of lies or somesuch.

Booger than Janelle guessed after the Grim Reaper.

I don't think Will or Marcellas ever guessed?

I think unless we're all off-based that Booger has won. Here's hoping we're all off-based! :P

I left after MNF to watch a couple other shows that we TiVo'd and I get kicked, slapped, and generally abused while I'm not even here. *sigh*.

It is going to be an interesting week once we know the answer to the ultimate question (42) and whether Boogie won it or not. I have actually heard the term "you and I to the end" used in BB by house guests, but I have not heard "you reap what you sew" before.

=== boot to the head for fizzle === *gambit's footsteps get further away quickly*

::::::shuffles in::::::::::

i formally appologize to anyone that i slapped last night... including my husband that was just trying to get in bed for the night when i sat up and slapped the crap out of him :o (i must have still been thinking of gambit)

and where is Jem when i need her... to fix all my typos!

after much thought on this Coup D' tata, i have come to the conclusion that the phrase that pays is "SUCKERS". dont ask me how i know... i just do. :D

What happens if NO one gets it? Do the judges take the best guess...or most creative answer...or whoever they want to win? and no, this is not a "Game is rigged" post...because I hate those...

Sheep or Ewe

Needle and Thread or Sew or Eye

Grim Reaper or Death or "Your time is up" or reap

So many choices...

OFF TOPIC-Slapping Another Human Being due to the events of BB(Spouse or not), is silly. Some call it pathetic existence, I call it silly. I'm Just saying's all. Spousal abuse is hardly redeemed with BBAS outcomes. That said...CDT won't be verified until TH...so enjoy your guessing game.

I am pretty sure i did NOT slap my spouse because of BB... well, actually i dont know why i slapped him and i dont remember slapping him cause i was ASLEEP!

spousal abuse??? i dont think so. <_<

I think it's safe to assume that Boogie has won it. He ran to ring the bell immediately after seeing the Grim Reaper. His guess "You reap what you sow" seems to be the answer. It makes perfect sense with the clues. However, Janelle guessed the same thing right after but worded it differently, so if i know Big Brother, they'll probably give it to her. Just a thought.

From another site, I understand that Boogie and Janelle both guessed very similar things. One guessed "you reap what you sow", and the other guessed "as you sow, so shall you reap". If TWoP is correct, it depends on what the phrase that the producers had in mind was, and which order the words were in.

If we are so sure Boogie has won the Coup then why this:

per today's updates:

12:00PM BBT: Will and Boogie are in the gym discussion the coup. Will is asking Boogie if he should have a guess at the coup and ring the bell when no one is looking. Will is wondering if there are going to be anymore clues and if they will just call the winner in on Thursday or will they call everyone that has guessed so that none of the other HGs know who the winner is.

Why would Will try to guess if Boogie won it?

Also, are they actually discussing the "coup" or is that editorializing and they are discussing the new power? Are they actually calling it the "coup"? The live updates should be what they are discussing and not editorializing. Or am I being a stick in the mud?

I think they are having that conversation because it hasn't been officially announced that Boogie won it. He believes he won it with his guess but they aren't 100% positive. I'm not sure when the winner will be revealed to them. I know the power won't be revealed until Thursday. I don't think they are actually calling it the Coup. Julie didn't mention the name in the announcement to the houseguests. I'm pretty sure that's just editing.

I'm another who's not so sure that Mike won the Coup. If the order of the clues is at all important, then he's definitely wrong. Since "as you sew, so shall you reap" is the correct biblical wording, the "order" could be used as a technical elimination of the Booger.

As for Janelle's choice -- "You sew what you reap" -- the order is correct but the phrase just sounds screwy. However, I wouldn't put it past her to NOT say the phrase the way she said it in the DR. As a matter of fact, sounds to me like something she would definitely do.

It's really too bad if Mike did win it. If he did, it probably won't get used unless He and Will are on the block and it looks like one of them will go. I was really hoping someone other than the Sov3 (2) or CT would get it. I wish they made it so that it had to be used each week or it was lost and then they wouold get new clues the next week and someone else could get it.

I think it was a cool idea, but unfortunately with the house as polarized as it is, it probably is gonna be wasted.

Here's hoping I am wrong....

Oh and fizzle, I have slugged my other half in my sleep too, so don;t feel bad :)

Dep

wow this is a popular thread

I do not understand why ppl (HG) are running around saying they "got it"...Danielle was doing it at first and now Mike. And I REALLY don't understand dumbarse Erika guessing the same thing Danielle did, that's extreme coattail ridding!!

I was just recently over at the GameFAQ's forums in their BB7 Official Topic, and one of the posters there made an EXCELLENT suggestion, and, when you think about it, fits even more than "you reap what you sow".

Here is what the GameFAQ's poster guessed:

You and I to the end.

Using this logic:

Clue 1: Female sheep = ewe = you (obvious)

Clue 2: Needle and empty spool = eye of the needle = I

Clue 3: The Grim Reaper = death = The End

When I looked this over, I was quite astonished at how much MORE it applies to BB than what Boogie has already guessed. Think about it. Before this season, "You reap what you sow" has rarely been said in the house. BB, being their usual sneaky selves, probably exploited Janie's recent nomination ceremony to throw the HG's off with clues that had double meanings. Sure, the Grim Reaper could be reap, but that's so predictable. Could it not also stand for death, which is the end of life? Furthermore, "You and I to the end" pertains much more to the game itself, and in fact has been said by almost every HG in the history of BB. Remember how Julie Chen mentioned that the Coup d' Etat phrase is "common to the Big Brother household". I'm sure BB would pick a phrase that was common to ALL BB's, and not just one particular instance (thus Danielle and Erika's erroneous guesses of "Do Not Assume", which became part of BB only after BB4, and the aforementioned "Reap what you sow" in which was only mentioned recently and really doesn't pertain to BB that much.)

Also, there's the slightly more obvious fact that "You and I to the end" follows the clues in the order in which they were presented, as opposed to Boogie's guess which switched the Grim Reaper's and the needle/spool's positions.

So, what does this mean? Could Boogie be fooling the entire house, and summarily US, into thinking that he's won the Coup d' Etat, so that Janie and Howie are dissuaded from guessing? Think about it, such a move fits Boogie's (and Will's) playing style to a tee; put up a smoke screen of lies that blinds your fellow HGs to what's really happening. If I recall from Sunday's show, Julie Chen did NOT say that the winner would be told that they have won upon guessing the correct phrase, but that "the winner will be revealed on Thursday's live show", thusly insinuating that even if someone guesses the correct phrase, they will not know until Thursday that they've even got it.

Have we, the BB7 feedsters, gone against BB's strict code? Have we Assumed?

All we can do now is watch the shows and see what unfolds...

i also dont think boogie won. i never heard the phrase you reap what you sow use in the context of the game by any hg or as a twist

It makes perfect sense within the context of the game that many of them should listen to. It means you get what you plant essentially. So if you create an alliance with an untrustworthy person (a certain doctor comes in mind), be prepared to get burned.

Man, I wish my grammar teacher sister wasn't at a parent-teacher conference. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think "You and I to the end" is grammatically correct. I think it would be "You and me to the end"...not that it really matters because I feel pretty sure that Boogie got the answer...

Apparently none of the last few posters have been following this thread. Everything you have written has been said or asked/answered earlier in the thread; no wonder there are so many posts in this thread - no one actually reads anyone else's posts. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

Oh and fizzle, I have slugged my other half in my sleep too, so don;t feel bad smile.

Dep

Thanks Dep, its a first for me and i am still trying to figure out why on earth would i do that!!! at least he didnt hit me back :o he is such a good guy, he just cursed at me and went to bed (so he says) :lol::lol::lol:

Archived