Warning: Candidates are on Their Way Here!

Guest Shockalot

You know King...

Yes, I know him very well, nice guy!!

I never post much, but I just wanted to say how much I'm looking foward to the board this season... I love listening to and watching all the arguments. I've been sitting here cracking up for 1/2 hour reading and BB hasn't even started yet... I'm so excited!!! :lol:

Well how bout makin me a sammich then!!!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. I have always objected to being labeled a 'fingerbanger' or 'gangbanger' .. and was often accused of such when I posted if I said anything that was even remotely 'pro-kaysar' last season. I only voted a handful of times for him .. and I still refuse to see that there was anything wrong with voting more than once, since .. I sorta think that was the point. If they wanted people to vote once and only once, they would have posted rules to that effect, instead -- CBS encouraged us to vote and vote often. CBS wanted the same sort of sensationl numbers that American Idol and later their hit Rockstar INXS drew. They got their wish.

I could see the issue Shock had with people using software to repeatedly vote and re-vote, because that I don't agree with and don't think was far as it could be an unfair advantage as those programs can vote more than a human could. But I take offense to being insulted .. no matter how I voted last season, over and over again -- without the person doing the insulting having any knowledge of why I voted, or truly how I voted. That is where the offensiveness came in.

It's unfortunate that people (on both sides) of the issue could not disagree in a respectful way without resorting to name calling, or insulting another person's intelligence just because they liked or supported an alternate houseguest. It drives a lot of people who want to express their love for BB, and who have been at Morty's along time -- away.

2. A note about Shock, and those who inflame you or instigate you to want to respond in a negative or deffensive way: A) don't do it. It will just give into their desire for your negative response so in essence you are giving them what they want. And B) if you can't not respond, this board has a 'block post' feature which allows you to block the comments made by a particular poster.

If more people would either a) utilize a little restraint or B) block the posters to whom they truly can not stand .. the board would be a slightly more peacful place.

3. I have often wondered if Will from season 2, wasn't seen as the best only because he was the winner of the first of the seasons where the houseguests voted instead of America. People credit him with having amazing skills as well since he survived his season without ever winning HOH (I forget -- did he win once at the end when it counted?), when he was on the block quite often and in his season he could not compete to win POV to save himself. It was all based on how much you could pressure, bribe, convive, beg and manipulate people.

Because the rules have changed each season .. I think it's VERY hard to truly say with any degree of acurate objectivity who the BEST player of BB was.

I enjoyed Dr. Will's take on it .. because no matter how tense or emotional it got he always seemed unphased by it and laid back. I really don't know if he is over-rated, or just 'over-praised'. I would like to see him on All-Stars to see how he preforms under different rules with different structures.

Because how can you compare Dr. Will to say .. Allison who was good at winning, or convincing people to win the Veto for her? They both used manipulations .. but since the options available were different, there isn't really a way to truly judge -- 'the best'.

1. I have always objected to being labeled a 'fingerbanger' or 'gangbanger' .. and was often accused of such when I posted if I said anything that was even remotely 'pro-kaysar' last season. I only voted a handful of times for him .. and I still refuse to see that there was anything wrong with voting more than once, since .. I sorta think that was the point. If they wanted people to vote once and only once, they would have posted rules to that effect, instead -- CBS encouraged us to vote and vote often. CBS wanted the same sort of sensationl numbers that American Idol and later their hit Rockstar INXS drew. They got their wish.

I could see the issue Shock had with people using software to repeatedly vote and re-vote, because that I don't agree with and don't think was far as it could be an unfair advantage as those programs can vote more than a human could. But I take offense to being insulted .. no matter how I voted last season, over and over again -- without the person doing the insulting having any knowledge of why I voted, or truly how I voted. That is where the offensiveness came in.

It's unfortunate that people (on both sides) of the issue could not disagree in a respectful way without resorting to name calling, or insulting another person's intelligence just because they liked or supported an alternate houseguest. It drives a lot of people who want to express their love for BB, and who have been at Morty's along time -- away.

2. A note about Shock, and those who inflame you or instigate you to want to respond in a negative or deffensive way: A) don't do it. It will just give into their desire for your negative response so in essence you are giving them what they want. And B) if you can't not respond, this board has a 'block post' feature which allows you to block the comments made by a particular poster.

If more people would either a) utilize a little restraint or B) block the posters to whom they truly can not stand .. the board would be a slightly more peacful place.

3. I have often wondered if Will from season 2, wasn't seen as the best only because he was the winner of the first of the seasons where the houseguests voted instead of America. People credit him with having amazing skills as well since he survived his season without ever winning HOH (I forget -- did he win once at the end when it counted?), when he was on the block quite often and in his season he could not compete to win POV to save himself. It was all based on how much you could pressure, bribe, convive, beg and manipulate people.

Because the rules have changed each season .. I think it's VERY hard to truly say with any degree of acurate objectivity who the BEST player of BB was.

I enjoyed Dr. Will's take on it .. because no matter how tense or emotional it got he always seemed unphased by it and laid back. I really don't know if he is over-rated, or just 'over-praised'. I would like to see him on All-Stars to see how he preforms under different rules with different structures.

Because how can you compare Dr. Will to say .. Allison who was good at winning, or convincing people to win the Veto for her? They both used manipulations .. but since the options available were different, there isn't really a way to truly judge -- 'the best'.

What a nice post! I think it's very fair and just may have to print this and some of the mods posts out and keep them close to my computer for inspiration when I start to feel myself getting carried away . . .

I certainly WILL NOT vote for Maggie.... can't stand her. Ivette's constant mouth drove me crazy. But I do want to see some fun and interesting BB7 this year. Oh, by the way, will previous WINNERS be allowed to come back? I don't think that would be fair, but then that's just me. I want to see something that will make me jump out of my chair!!! I hope it will be good. It's true, I don't want to snooze through another episode of fishies, front of the house, or boring house guests.

Gee who the heck from BB is here as a member? Is that cool or what?

Thank you Morty for the best forum ever. If I win the lotto here I will support you. But I work for the

nastiest company around (they only pay me $600 a month) that's why they are so rich. (Yes I have been

looking around for a better job).

MORTYS TV RRRRRRROOOOCKS!!!!!! :D

WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Back off to another raucous season of BB - if things are already ratcheting up what will it be like when the show starts!

Looks like it's going to be fun - get your finger ready and START BANGING! :lol::lol::lol:

(Please - no continuous posts about 'feces smearing' though - I don't think I can take it!)

(Please - no continuous posts about 'feces smearing' though - I don't think I can take it!)

that was my whole point! we suffered through last summer hearing all about it, and i dont care to see it again this summer.

PS i like how you used fingers and banging seperate and not together. doesnt seem so nasty when its seperate. :D

Don't get me wrong.

I love the wit, sarcasim and thought that goes into the debates on Morty's.... that's what makes it the best messege board during BB.

But, I hope we don't get into the boring, repetitive, insulting, long winded diatribes that took over the last time around.

I'm sooooo ready :excl:

Just remember folks..... we've waited 9 loooong months for this.

AND..... give me a chance to post this time..... Remember - - - I'm SLOW

Whoever wants my vote will have to earn it.... And I accept bribes... Unless I don't like them, then they get nada, zip, zero...... Zilch.... NOTHING... Well, probably some slander.... That's about it...

Kaysar will be in that house this summer; count on that. I think he will get enough votes to be one of the top 3 male houseguests voted in. If he does not get enough votes, the producers will put him in the house anyways. He was a major topic of discussion last season and that debate continues. The networks welcome that type of publicity.

Guest Shockalot

My understanding is that at least six (or is it eight as Im told) guests are already chosen by the producers.

I would have to believe Kaysar would be one of them.

Even though he had artificial popularity it still serves them to well to include him as BB6's placement.

This would actually be fine to learn Kaysar is already placed.. that way I dont have to see the crapstorm of KaysarKulties swarming the boards here.

Then again

If there is a situation where its a vote for Howie or Jennifer then there will be a full scale forum assualt on Jennifer as she will be percieved as 'against Kaysar' and hence the insanity begins.

Everyone keep in mind - Big Brother absolutely will be rigging this baby to get the maximum 'Good vs Evil' quotient.

Wherever possible they want 'arch enemies' or a house that will divide itself.

Thats why we are gonna see a some hardcore campaigning here.

My understanding is that at least six (or is it eight as Im told) guests are already chosen by the producers.

I would have to believe Kaysar would be one of them.

Even though he had artificial popularity it still serves them to well to include him as BB6's placement.

What if the producers will pick their 6 (or 8) choices out of the remaining 20 candidates only after the top vote-getters are given keys to the house?

If, as you say, they want Kaysar on the show because it increases their viewership, then they might actually want him to be on the ballot, so that more votes are cast.

And... it would have the added bonus of aggravating a certain Anti-Kaysarite Morty's member!

P.s. What's with the fake Italian accent, all of a sudden? LOL

Thats why we are gonna see a some hardcore campaigning here.

I know for a fact that there are those that have the ink dry on their contracts already... They are in the house no matter what... I can't and won't say who they are put BB isn't waiting to ask them... :)

I know for a fact that there are those that have the ink dry on their contracts already... They are in the house no matter what... I can't and won't say who they are put BB isn't waiting to ask them... :)

Well, duh, BB knows who they want to see sparks fly from. But if those people get voted in, eg. Kaysar, then they'd have to scramble. But of course, once they said "at our discretion" that meant "we know who we want and if you don't vote them in we'll make sure we get them there".

Well duh. We know the producers are picking 6. Is this supposed to be some Hollywood insider scoop?

yes we know they are picking 6... but if you read her post it said they already have picked some, why be rude about it?

Archived