Matt - Week 5 (HoH)

CeCiMom

ITA. The lie about a dying wife made me realize despite good play, he needs to win no big prizes. I could never lie about anything, even in that house. I might rattle a few cages without having to raise my voice, sprinkled with humor. Matt knows better. Or he will when he reviews the tapes. So glad his wife is upset with his lie too.

And I'm sick of those PJ's. They're a joke that gets worse and worse everytime he wears it. And when does he wash them? He could be a stinky dude.

Who was that evil guy last season (?) who was married, black hair, European American. Glad he lost. A Mega Nerd.

BTW, guys. Plese excuse my typos, etc. I have an 8 a.m. appointment Wed. I am staying up all night and plan on crashing around 8 p.m. tonight. I love my part time job, but really miss keeping up with you guys. And this week is slow as molasses in January!

My self esteem has risen tremendously. I've lived frugally on Disability since mid 90s. Helped my parents out, they are 60 miles away. I had sought one for years but a Wal Mart was built a few miles from where I live. Dad died. Mom is in decent nursing home exactly half way from us. I work as much as the law allows and am able to get mom little things she loves. Fort Gordon is nearby and I love greeting the young men and women who need a pat on the back, a genuine smile. All I care about is helping the customers. I've had to "train" a couple of straw bosses. But I like them. I like myself too and will never talked down to.

I'm still exhausted from the hard job of standing 9 hours fourdays. in some pain, but itis not that bad. But must stay awake so I can crash earlier. I don't give much of a flip about Matt. But thank you all. I get along with practically everyone. I just kill 'em with kindness. Sorry if it is TMI. Just ignore me. Go easy on the dissing. I will soon go swim, help some friends out. :animated_wave:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ITA. The lie about a dying wife made me realize despite good play, he needs to win no big prizes. I could never lie about anything, even in that house. I might rattle a few cages without having to raise my voice, sprinkled with humor. Matt knows better. Or he will when he reviews the tapes. So glad his wife is upset with his lie too.

And I'm sick of those PJ's. They're a joke that gets worse and worse everytime he wears it. And when does he wash them? He could be a stinky dude.

Who was that evil guy last season (?) who was married, black hair, European American. Glad he lost. A Mega Nerd.

BTW, guys. Plese excuse my typos, etc. I have an 8 a.m. appointment Wed. I am staying up all night and plan on crashing around 8 p.m. tonight. I love my part time job, but really miss keeping up with you guys. And this week is slow as molasses in January!

My self esteem has risen tremendously. I've lived frugally on Disability since mid 90s. Helped my parents out, they are 60 miles away. I had sought one for years but a Wal Mart was built a few miles from where I live. Dad died. Mom is in decent nursing home exactly half way from us. I work as much as the law allows and am able to get mom little things she loves. Fort Gordon is nearby and I love greeting the young men and women who need a pat on the back, a genuine smile. All I care about is helping the customers. I've had to "train" a couple of straw bosses. But I like them. I like myself too and will never talked down to.

I'm still exhausted from the hard job of standing 9 hours fourdays. in some pain, but itis not that bad. But must stay awake so I can crash earlier. I don't give much of a flip about Matt. But thank you all. I get along with practically everyone. I just kill 'em with kindness. Sorry if it is TMI. Just ignore me. Go easy on the dissing. I will soon go swim, help some friends out. :animated_wave:

:animated_wave:

Hi Len. sounds like you are doing great, many accomplishments. Thanks for greeting the men and women at the Fort, that's very touching.

As for the pj's, I get the feeling that Matt's should have tinkerbell pj's and not pirates!

:animated_wave: Lenray thanks for sharing! I hope you are not in too much pain today, the swimming will help! Don't worry about typos we all type quicly so no one can talk!

:animated_wave: Lenray thanks for sharing! I hope you are not in too much pain today, the swimming will help! Don't worry about typos we all type quicly so no one can talk!

Thanks so much, smassedi. This is keeping me awake. Soon I will take long, hot bath w/batherapy (mineral salts)...folloed by a cold shower. A daily routine. It perks me up while relaxing me. There's been so much over the top stuff on BBAD, etc., most of us are keeping up with it here, where we know there are funny, interesting friends, old and new.

Actually everyone did have a chance to compete for it except Rachel. She was the only one who couldn't play for HOH. It's not Matt's fault that no one else wanted to get blood on there hands by putting up R&B. They all figured that there was going to be a pandora's box eventually. Matt was just the lucky one.

Almost exactly what I was going to post.

Actually, the Brigade is 100% safe for pretty much the rest of the game because of Grodner's stupid decision to randomly assign DV to a houseguest rather than let them all compete for it.

It wasn't randomly assigned to a HG. They knew Pandora's box would be coming sooner or later. I think them giving it to the winning HOH is a great payback from production sending the message, "you freaking idiots, you are supposed to WANT to win HOH!" Unfortunately for Matt, this will put a huge target on his back instead of them coming to the realization that they too could have gotten it if they weren't such wussies when it came time for the HOH competition and putting people up on the block.

Matt is sitting in a pretty good position next week unless Brenda wins HOH. If Brenda wins he may have to use that diamond veto on himself. Don't know if he would use it on a brigade member, especially if it is a brigade member up against another brigade member. Matt is all about Matt. When it comes down to it, he will do what is best for him and break from the brigade. He's foolish not too. I don't see him winning against Enzo, Lane, or Hayden. His only chance at winning is against Ragan, Kathy, or Brit. Especially if the brigade goes out by someone elses hand.

And I'm sick of those PJ's. They're a joke that gets worse and worse everytime he wears it. And when does he wash them? He could be a stinky dude

The only thing worse than seeing a grown man in a onesie is seeing one who constantly has his hand down his pants......creepy either way :alien: no matter what else he does in the game.

:animated_wave: Hi Len.......my first time back this season, too boring a cast to care (WTF are they going to talk about when B&R are gone? because that is the only thing they've done so far) but glad I picked today & got to read that things are going well for you!

Actually everyone did have a chance to compete for it except Rachel. She was the only one who couldn't play for HOH. It's not Matt's fault that no one else wanted to get blood on there hands by putting up R&B. They all figured that there was going to be a pandora's box eventually. Matt was just the lucky one.

Yep, and I still say MATT will not win the game ,book it dano :animated_rotfl:

I would disagree about the Brigade being safe the rest of the game. There will never be a final 4 Brigade because all 4 are secretly planning to try to bring a weaker player to the final 3 with them.

I can't keep up with all the scenarios but my bet is that Matt will fall victim first to the Lane & Hayden plan to bring Kathy along. That is, unless Matt makes the power move first with votes from Ragan and Britney.

It is time for everyone to start playing to win these HOH comps and quit throwing them.

BTW...Matt, get your hand out of your pants! You look insecure like you need a security blanket to wrap up in. I get the pj's. I think they are a crafted image to look weak and non threatening.

Alright, so sorry if this has been beat to death.

But why would Matt think lying about his "dying wife" would help him win? If you have a choice to go to the F2 with someone who has a "sad" back story and has won a lot of comps -- or go with someone who doesn't have those things in their favor? Who are you going to pick? You're going to pick the one without the back story!! You don't want your opponent getting a sympathy vote!!! Way to ensure from the get-go that you're not going to win the money!!

Ok I hate having to defend Matt, I still hate him and his stupid lie..... BUT he never, to my recollection, said she was "dying", he said she had a disease that surgery would cure but that medical wouldn't pay for the surgery, so he was there for the money for her " surgery" that she doesn't really need, but he never said she would die

Hey, I think that matt is you basic insipid little and I do mean little chit head but he threw that out there with the chance that it might come back to bite him in the butt so if it does it does. He is there to win 500K and so far is playing the best game so I got over it. This might change but right now: Go Matt.

Im putting this on the right thread:

I know there is a lot of people here who do not like Matt but I'm not one of them. I like Matt and the way he is playing the game. As far as his lie about his wife, to me no biggie. A lie is a lie is a lie, so what. That's what this game is about.

I thought is was a bold move not to put Brenden and Rachel up during his first HOH and it worked for him. He's still in the brigade in good shape and Rachel did put him up during her last HOH. Four people are now gone and the brigade is still intact with little or no blood on their hands, with the exception of Andrew who will not be on the jury.

Matt has redeemed himself with the brigade by winning the last HOH when they decided to bail out. He put up the two people they wanted him to and now he holds the diamond POV which guarantees safty thru next week. Since the SAB is back in the house the house is more worried about that than Pandors's box. If he's smart he could say it happened as a result of him opening the box.

Geaux Matt.. :party_smilie:

I agree with everything you said here. My only worry is the brigade tossing him at final 4...but he could easily win HOH at final 4 and again at final 3 and make it to final 2 that way. Otherwise, I don't believe anyone will take him. I've been wrong before though.

I agree with stevea11's post too.

What I like about Matt's game so far is that he does have his main alliance with the brigade and he also has a very close backup ally in Ragan. I can definitely see Matt manipulating the brigade so that Ragan stays safe for a while...and thus keeps Matt that much stronger in the process. I already heard him throwing out scenarios to the brigade that if Brit and Ragan were on the block, that Brit was more of a threat because of her pov wins. I'm not sure how Lane liked that...he didn't really respond.

I'm not seeing any scenarios where a brigade member will be targeted this coming Hoh. I haven't heard any chatter of any of them being put up...except for maybe Matt from Brendon, but Matt would be safe with brigade backing him up. Seems to me that Brendon & Brit are the next targets in the house...maybe Ragan...probably Brit. :(

I have to say I find myself rooting for Matt again now that he has toned down his ego in his DR sessions. He is sitting in a very good position and playing an excellent game. Wonder when it comes down to it, does he choose the brigade over what is best for him? It would be in his best interest JR house vote wise to get rid of Enzo. I'm anxious to see how this all turns out. :popcorn:

Archived