Donny Thompson (Week 8) - nominated by Derrick, BotB winner (saved) + Team America

joystiick

I don't understand how anyone can say Donny isn't playing the game. He has won three POVs, one HOH and two BOBs. He hasn't made any NEW alliances. He was in two original alliances at the start, "The Original Eight" and the "D&D" alliance. They both broke down very quickly. He is more aware than any of us know as to who is playing who where alliances are concerned. He shouldn't have to look to others to help him play his game. He is strong enough mentally and physically to win for himself. He has already proven this, especially after being on the block at least three times and saving himself. His game is honest which is a rarity in any season. The only other person who has played an honest game is Evil Dick, and look where he finished. Mind you, his game play wasn't as nice as Donny's but he still finished first.

Last time I checked, Donny was AP by a long shot with Frankie being at the bottom. I am pulling for Donny to at least get AP. He has played the type of game that has integrity and honesty in it. For that, his wins and how far he has managed to carry himself without help, he should receive AP.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week, looks like Donny is finally trying to find a way to work with the other players and trying to find somebody that will listen and align with him. He is talking game and trying to find cracks in the alliance. I don't know whether it is too late for him, but late is better than never. 

I thought he had everything figured out about the alliance, but the other night, in his DR, he said that Derrick kept saying "we and they" and that indicated to him that Derrick and Frankie must be working together. I wanted to thump him in the head and ask him what took him so long to figure that part out. 

I enjoyed his talk with Cody yesterday, and I'm crossing my fingers that Cody will continue to keep his mouth shut and take heed to a wiser man. I'm still mad at Donny for not forgiving Devin and giving him the Veto, but I have to give him props for knowing what is happening in there.

I don't understand how anyone can say Donny isn't playing the game. He has won three POVs, one HOH and two BOBs. He hasn't made any NEW alliances. He was in two original alliances at the start, "The Original Eight" and the "D&D" alliance. They both broke down very quickly. He is more aware than any of us know as to who is playing who where alliances are concerned. He shouldn't have to look to others to help him play his game. He is strong enough mentally and physically to win for himself. He has already proven this, especially after being on the block at least three times and saving himself. His game is honest which is a rarity in any season. The only other person who has played an honest game is Evil Dick, and look where he finished. Mind you, his game play wasn't as nice as Donny's but he still finished first.

Last time I checked, Donny was AP by a long shot with Frankie being at the bottom. I am pulling for Donny to at least get AP. He has played the type of game that has integrity and honesty in it. For that, his wins and how far he has managed to carry himself without help, he should receive AP.

All true.  I agree.  No clue what show some people are watching.  Or, maybe not.

Agreed. Maybe his game is too subtle.. maybe it's just not overt/bombastic enough for some. Imagine if Donny wore Camo daily, they might never even know he was on the show.

Einstein's work suggests that there's a possibility of an alternate universe at work here. Maybe one eyed, one eared aliens are posting here on Mortys and with just one eye and just one ear they are only seeing and hearing 1/2 of the game. Well, anything's possible. Maybe AG herself is an alien.

Guest 6Borders

This week, looks like Donny is finally trying to find a way to work with the other players and trying to find somebody that will listen and align with him. He is talking game and trying to find cracks in the alliance. I don't know whether it is too late for him, but late is better than never. 

I thought he had everything figured out about the alliance, but the other night, in his DR, he said that Derrick kept saying "we and they" and that indicated to him that Derrick and Frankie must be working together. I wanted to thump him in the head and ask him what took him so long to figure that part out. 

He's proving to be a pretty interesting guy with a lot of knowledge about BB and a lot of other things (now that he has an opportunity to actually talk.)

Pretty sure he's known all along Derrick is working all sides but wants Derrick to not think he knows that and hopes to keep Team America alive as long as possible.  DR's are made up of leading questions and lots of editing so who knows what Donny has told them that never made the cut.

Zach told Derrick last night he should try and work with Donny.  LOL yeah right Derrick knows Donny is on to him.  I really wanted Hayden to come back but now I am pulling for Zach.  I think he would be gunning for beast mode idiot and Frankie but he really should be going after Derrick.  I hope if he gets back in that he will finally figure it out.  Donny is trying you have to give him credit unfortunately he is trying with the wrong person.  He did tell Frankie he wanted to talk to him today that could be an interesting conversation.

For me, Donny should work to rid the game of Frankie first, then Christine, no matter who returns.  But 2 against 6 is not good odds!  If a miracle should be granted by the BB Gods, the returning hg and Donny win HOH, now that's the makings of some great TV!!!!

Again I think if Hayden comes back he can team up with Donny, Derrick and Cody and they can run Christine and Frankie out of town.

If Zach comes back the same day he leaves things will be just the same and he will be evicted. He blew up too many people's games

If Nicole comes back I think she will have Donny and that's it.

If Jocasta comes back.... she will be a vote for whatever

Because until recently all he did was sit and stroke his beard.

He did not inject himself into conversations and was primarily subdued - observing or not. No social game.

This last comp was set up for him. I cannot say whether or not the prior win was.

The audience watches for social players. People that stand out. If they don't SEE that, you're filed into the floater catagory.

Little Wicked One...your opinion of what is filed away or what a floater is just may be different than the opinions of others. If you walked into a room and everyone stopped talking, would you understand what was going on? Would you try to talk game with people that you knew were working with others or wait until you could find a better time? It's more than obvious who you like and dislike in this game and even possibly what some of your tactics would be. I may be a "novice" at commenting on the forum and I'm probably not much fun on here since my viewing options are limited right now but I'm no novice at life and the study of human nature.

Little Wicked One...your opinion of what is filed away or what a floater is just may be different than the opinions of others. If you walked into a room and everyone stopped talking, would you understand what was going on? Would you try to talk game with people that you knew were working with others or wait until you could find a better time? It's more than obvious who you like and dislike in this game and even possibly what some of your tactics would be. I may be a "novice" at commenting on the forum and I'm probably not much fun on here since my viewing options are limited right now but I'm no novice at life and the study of human nature.

Was that an effort? Anyone? Anyone?

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-changes-team-america-mission-2014-07-28/

Dang, looking at Morty's summary of yesterday's events, it seems that Team America is under the impression that they have earned $20k already.  Apparently they think that Mission 3 was successful based on the link above. However, looking at CBS.com it appears that Mission 3 was listed as failed. Could it be that TA was told that the mission was successful by production only to have that decision overturned by Grodner because of the outpouring of negative comments?

Oh,has Donny finally figured out he is playing a game?  *yawn*

Donny figured that out week one, when he won the first of his 6 wins with his first POV. I'm a little surprised that some still haven't figured that out after 8 weeks... But I suppose that difference is what makes the world interesting.

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-changes-team-america-mission-2014-07-28/

Dang, looking at Morty's summary of yesterday's events, it seems that Team America is under the impression that they have earned $20k already.  Apparently they think that Mission 3 was successful based on the link above. However, looking at CBS.com it appears that Mission 3 was listed as failed. Could it be that TA was told that the mission was successful by production only to have that decision overturned by Grodner because of the outpouring of negative comments?

I wondered if it was because of Caleb's suspicion of Derrick being up to something and the fact that the "Neighborhood Watch" kinda fell through in the early morning/next day...other than of course for Donny who is part of TA.

I am not a fan of Donny, but I have to give him credit for doing what is necessary to stay in the game.  He will never make it to F2 but with the TA money in addition to his stipend and maybe America's Favorite Player winnings, he will have had a lucrative summer.  He should be very proud of himself and should not complain! 

Donny figured that out week one, when he won the first of his 6 wins with his first POV. I'm a little surprised that some still haven't figured that out after 8 weeks... But I suppose that difference is what makes the world interesting.

It's a difference in perspective, character and personalities. There are some who will never acknowledge what he's done or how he's played his game and why. They don't even consider him a floater inside the house...they are somewhat intimidated by the old guy and probably embarrassed to have been shown up by him so often. He's outwitting them to but they don't quite know that yet. I hope they all watch the show later.

I wondered if it was because of Caleb's suspension of Derrick being up to something and the fact that the "Neighborhood Watch" kinda fell through in the early morning/next day...other than of course for Donny who is part of TA.

The link referred to Mission 3, where they were supposed to orchestrate a heated argument at the Veto meeting.    Zach really gave it to Amber as planned but she did not respond.  There was a question if it could be considered an "argument" if only one person did all the talking.  The team seems to think that they were "golden" but BB says that they had failed.

The Neighborhood Watch mission should have been successful because it did in fact last 24 hours due to Derrick and Christine's last minute patrols.  They stayed on patrol until 7:00 pm BBT.

Donny Was thrown a bone to keep the pacifists and older folks happy. Can't lose that portion of the audience and he's this seasons NICE guy. 

Derrick was sailing too smoothly and people were rumbling bored.

I'd prefer a non-manipulated game but it is what it is.

Any doubters either don't have live feeds or weren't watching when certain things were said.

If you're not IN the room during a conversation, you don't know what is being said let alone when and how. 

BB is coming very close to picking a winner BEFORE the people even enter the house. 

I am in the minority because I also feel that Donny has played the social game the only way he has been able too and a damned good one at comps.  I'm an extrovert personality, at least NOW I am, but it is easy for me to spot someone who is introvert because I was one as a young child.  Unless dragged by the arms (so to speak) they will not try to break into another groups airspace...they stand off and hope to maybe, just maybe, find a small opening one on one and then maybe be brought into the group that way.  With the forming of the bomb squad, the tightness of Christine/Nicole/Hayden in the beginning, all that remained to befriend was Poa, Brit and Jocasta...ergo no one to really get him into the mix.  Maybe he shouldn't of tried out for BB as a game player, if I hadn't of tried out for a girls softball team at 12 yrs old and been befriend by one girl, my personality never would of risen either.  Maybe this was the experience Donny was looking for.  In a game like this you would go into it thinking "someone will need me, if only as a number".  As it happened he was immediately shunned by the youngins and it was deflating.  If he'd been in the room the night the BS was formed instead of Christine, we'd all be talking a different scenario.

Hoping for the best for him, but fear he will not win.  

Donny is wasting his breathe with Christine. She will never work with him.

i wonder how long it will take her to go running to Derrick and Cody????? Cody didn't waste anytime at all.