House Calls / Town Hall / Marcellas and Gretchen

bdr

I said especially in a talk show type setting. Barbara Walters, Oprah, Jane Pauley, etc. All known for making their guests feel at ease enough to talk about hard issues and answer tough questions while coming across as sympathetic even though they call them out sometimes. I dont think Marcellas can be contrived as any sort of journalist no matter what he tries to convince himself of. He's put there for entertainment value and hes just not entertaining anymore. Same comments, same body language, and same self absorbed thinking as he's been demonstrating for a couple years now. And yes I agree that his major issue with Beau is he's too much like him and feels he's stealing some of his stage time.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DenimIsGreat
Paula1572 and others

I never said that Marcellas was ajournalist. I just said that HE has referred to himself that way multiple times this season.

As for a journalist's job to make someone comfortable, I disagree. If you have watched any news this past week with Katrina disaster, all of the major journalists have not cared about the director of FEMA, or theMaypr of New Orleans, or the Governors of the states affected. They have asked the hard questions and yes the guests have squirmed tryi8ng to come up with the "right" answer. A journalists job is not to make someone feel comfortable, but to get the facts. If it was to make someone feel comfortable and at ease, it would not be news, it would be a talk show. And Gretchen would not run from a tough question. She is real and gets down and dirty, whereas Marcellas is afraid to tarnish his image to the HG's. He is more than happy speaking behind their backs.

Dep

Well, I agree with almost all of this, as for the tarnish his image part? He supposedly said he wants to keep his cool right? So that he wont give anything away to the evictees if I am not mistaken so. Those were his own words. Not like they can't find out what he said anyway. I think that may tarnish him even more if he did it behind their backs.

For the record, he is a journalist, but a bad one. A horrible one, too emotional. Like Ebert and Roeper. they might give a movie a bad review if it "offends" them.

I like Marcellas and Gretchen but sometimes they are a little unprofessional. I noticed on the show where they had the Doctor on they were actual whispering and laughing back and forth while she was talking. I thought that was incredibly rude. But for the most part they are entertaining.

As for Marcellas not talking to Beau...good for him. I wouldn't have spoken a word to that queen either. He's an embarrasment to our people......

meaning, humans.

I saw the interview and it was very entertaining and funny.

This is entertainment folks. You just couldn't help laughing at Beau. Every question asked he went around in circles and did not answer.

That should have been if you have balls enough, but not enough space.

Ok, I just watched todays HC's with Beau and I have some serious issues. First off a disclaimer. I have nothing against Marcellas as a person. I think he makes very valid points sometimes. But after today, I want to see how much he can look at himself in the mirror and look at HIS true face. And, I really don;t expect himhim to respond, becuase I don;t think he has done enough looking ito his own self to be able to respond and make sense.

I don;t know where to bein, but I will begin with his ignoring Beau completely on the show today. And remember, i am not a fan of Beaus or the Fiendsheep.

Many times this season Marcellas has refereed to himself as a "Journalist". Yet as a "Journalist" he chose to completely ignore and ridicule by actions, Beau. A "Journalist" would not do that. A TRUE Journalist would have been professional enough to set aside their personal feelings and ask the questions that needed to be asked.

Marcellas was offended that Beau referenced him many times during the show on the live feeds. As sopmeone who has watched the live feedsmany more hours than is healthy, I can only count a few times that Beau mentioned Marcellas.

For the sake of argument, If Beau is mentioning your name, hell if any houseguest is mentioning your name, that just advances your fame, so why would you be upset? You can disagree with what they say about you, but a self proclaimed journalist, you should be proud that your name lives on.

You have said multiple times that that people who haven't been n the house, do not know what it is like, yet, you as someone who has been in the house, feels free to personaly attack anyone who for whatever reason, feels some kind of kindship with you. Now given that Beau is nothing like you, should you hold hit against him that he felt some kind of similaritry to you beacause he was black and gay? He didn;t know how he was coming across to everyone just as you didn;t.

If I remember correctly, and anyone with the DVD of your season can verify or deny, I think at one point, you and Amy said you would be friends FOREVER after the show and we now know that that is not true. Does that make you a liar? No, in my opinion it just shows that whne you are cooped up in that house, you make attachments that aren't real.

I, personally, was offended by your actions on HC's with Beau. If you are the "Journalist" and "Celeb" and "upstanding, moral person" that you claim to be, you should have been able to put your PERSONAL feelings aside and interview the guest. Julie Chen does it every week. But alas, you took the low road and went against everythijng you have said all season.

Beau was picked out of millions

Beau agreed to have his life put on camera

Beau agreed to have his faults shown

Beau played a game as he saw fit

Beau was dedicated to his partner

Beau respected you enough to compare himself to you.

And in the end, you disrespected him for having the guts to play the game and you disrespected yourself as a supposed "Journalist" by opting out of the discussion instead of at least being man enough to ask a question or make a comment that didn't affect the game.

Many people will support you going on emotion, but I, even as much as I hate Beau, will not support you. As you have said, Anyone who has the guts to open their life up, deserves props, but you couldn;t even give Beau that.

Go ahead and respond, I dare ya. I know you won;t, beause your behavior on Tues HC's made you look bad. And anything that makes you look bad.

Dep

WoW. I have to agree with you completely. His job is to interview and not pass judgement. I have basically stopped watching HC because of his attitude. He is not a journalist he is the host of a gossip show is all. I don't care who he is "interviewing" he should show them respect like a real journalist would.

I saw the interview and it was very entertaining and funny.

This is entertainment folks. You just couldn't help laughing at Beau. Every question asked he went around in circles and did not answer.

So being rude is entertainment? He is being rude to people that have no choice in being on that "show". Makes it even worse.

WoW. I have to agree with you completely. His job is to interview and not pass judgement. I have basically stopped watching HC because of his attitude. He is not a journalist he is the host of a gossip show is all. I don't care who he is "interviewing" he should show them respect like a real journalist would.

and he did that by not talking to him. Beau offended marcellous on plenty of ocasion, personally also, so whatever.

I love house calls because of Marcellas. I love how he comments on what is really going on in the house and how he makes judgments just like the rest of us. Who would want to watch a "news" program every day about Big Brother? I want to see them dish on the houseguests and hear everyone's opinion on what is going on in that crazy house.

I respected the way Marcellas didn't say anything at all to Beau because I think if he would have started talking to him, he would have gone off on him. I think if any of us were in the situation that Beau was comparing himself to us, we would want to yell and scream at him, and I think Marcellas showed a lot of restraint.

Marcellas did the right thing... He knew he there was a chance he might give something away about what has been going on in the house and he thought it better if he didn't say anything... Just wait till the townhall meeting... I bet then Marcellas will let it all go... Marcellas you keep your head held high... You did what was right...

M needs to take some of his own advice. I actually learned something from him. I have never liked him on the BB3 show and on HC, but one day M said if you don't like someone, look at yourself. The thing you don't like about that person is something in you that you hate.

Well, duh.....is there any wonder he hates beau?

and puhleeze...do we want to hear about your donation , AGAIN? It demeans the purpose of giving if you need to brag about it. Humility is a virtue......

God Bless Everyone.....

and he did that by not talking to him.  Beau offended marcellous on plenty of ocasion, personally also, so whatever.

Beau had no responsibility to Marcellas to be nice. Marcellas is the host of a show about people that are forced to be there. He should have the decency to at least be polite to them. That is his job. If he wants to be a "journalist" he needs to grow up and do his job.

I don't think Marcellas reads here anymore. Maybe try jokers or his own forum - though his many fans on either might try to eat you alive.

Beau had no responsibility to Marcellas to be nice. Marcellas is the host of a show about people that are forced to be there. He should have the decency to at least be polite to them. That is his job. If he wants to be a "journalist" he needs to grow up and do his job.

for once i agree with you! marcellas should have kept his personal feelings out of it and conducted himself better.

had it been anyone else, marcellas would have participated... but since it was the person that mentioned HIS name on tv a few times in a negative way, he got bent out of shape and decided not to be professional.

for once i agree with you! marcellas should have kept his personal feelings out of it and conducted himself better.

had it been anyone else, marcellas would have participated... but since it was the person that mentioned HIS name on tv a few times in a negative way, he got bent out of shape and decided not to be professional.

Ok now wait a minute. I agree with Depeche and you agree with me? What next? Is the world going to spin off of its Axis? hehehe :lol:

Beau was picked out of millions

Beau agreed to have his life put on camera

Beau agreed to have his faults shown

Beau played a game as he saw fit

Beau was dedicated to his partner

Beau respected you enough to compare himself to you.

And in the end, you disrespected him for having the guts to play the game

Ummmmmmmmmmm how was Beau picked out of millions? Ivette was chosen and she brought Beau

I heard that Gretchen wouldn't allow Marcellas to say anything because he wanted to go off on him.

He SHOULD adress Beau because it his job to review, recap, discuss, and interview.

And he did not do his job because he let emotions get into his way.

Imagine if Erics house was on fire and he said, "I can't save my family, it's just

too emotional". I would be like "now that's sounds so f**king ridiculous, do your job"

Maybe not say it to him, but that would be what I would think.

Ditto for if a child was riding his or her bike and got hit by a car. Imagine if maggies reply was, "I would help ya kid but, I love children and this is too emotional. I am going to get ice cream, if you survive I'll save some for you, it will be in my freezer, toodles!"

You can't let your emotions interfere with your job like that. And to top it off.

IT'S PEOPLE ON A REALITY SHOW. NOT A LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION.

See my point?

ps. tboy, Marcellus is too immature to have this job, this is exactly why they need someone else to take his place. All in favor of DENIMISGREAT working for CBS say I!

You can't compare an interview to a fire or an emegency in the ER. lol

Did you see the house calls when jennifer called in, same difference. And you people act like this surpirsed you that marcellous did what he did!! He's been talking about it for weeks. He didnt go off like a raving loonatic on beau, he sat thaere and kept his cool. If beau could form an actual sentance, maybe marcellous wouldnt lookso bored.

I am glad that Marcelles & Gretchen are allowed to do the show as they do it. Gretchen did the interview which was fine. Why would it matter if Marcelles asked the questions that Gretchen asked anyways? All through the show Beau has referred himself to as Marcelles.

But I am glad that Housecalls is not structured in the way that it would just be a boring interview type of show. If it was on TV, it probably would be. Then everyone would be complaining that Marcelles was being to nice, because you pretty much would have to on tv, so that CBS wouldn't show bias.

This is a fun show, and like it that way. Some take it too seriously, but have to try and remember 'IT's Just a Game!"

Did you see the house calls when jennifer called in, same difference.  And you people act like this surpirsed you that marcellous did what he did!! He's been talking about it for weeks.  He didnt go off like a raving loonatic on beau, he sat thaere and kept his cool.  If beau could form an actual sentance, maybe marcellous wouldnt lookso bored.

i did see the HC with jen... and it was not the same.

and i am not surprised at what marcellas did with the beau interview... i never saw him as a "real" talk show host. but i do think that even if you are pretending to be a host.. you should do your job and not take things so personal.

ps, i like marcellas, i just dont think he handled it in the right manner.

You can't compare an interview to a fire or an emegency in the ER.  lol

Enough said.

House Calls is a funny, irreverent look at a reality show. As a producer as well as a host the one thing we strive for more than anything is humor. Fun. 99.9% of the people who watched the show w/Beau thought it was funny! That was my intent. These are very serious times. Lighten up people. It's just a show. It's coming to an end and I just signed on for next season! Until then keep watching and I'll see you all next summer!

Thanks for your input! And for watching! It means so much to me!

They need to extend house calls to an hour and have Howie and Janelle host weekend shows next year.

I like this idea! Howie and Janie are hysterical. I also think James would be great if I were ever replaced. He's sooo smart and funny. But I'm not going anywhere! I love House Calls. It's like summer camp for me!

Hey Marcellas you know that i love you and that i feel that you did the best thing......there was no need to even risk at the slightest to give something away so it is always better to say nothing if you can't say anything nice....I posted at your site how i felt about this and thought i should post here to let you know again....that i am behind you 100% and thought you did the best thing you could do considering who you were interviewing.....HUGS Patsy :D