House Calls / Town Hall / Marcellas and Gretchen

bdr

personally i think marcellas' behaviour has been deplorable through most of this season. in past years he at least put on some air of being impartial but doesnt seem capable anymore. and the weeks long thing about beau bashing makes me think marcellas feels threatened by beau in some way. like he has to do something more outrageous than beau to get the attention back on him. gretchen obviously has her favorites too and they are pretty much the same ones as marcellas but at least she conveys it with some class and maturity. sometimes i have to just turn the show off because marcellas is on my nerves so bad. he needs to grow up and remember that housecalls isnt only about marcellas, its about the current houseguests. maybe next year they'll can marcellas and have kaysar do it instead. lol

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen any transcripts online this year, possibly because the videos work much better.

Here's a recap for you folk who don't like the voices :)

1. Marcellas asked Beau how he is taking leaving. Beau says he played with his heart, so he's a little hurt. Marcellas notes that Beau will be reunited with Jennifer.

2. Gretchen asked what he felt he contributed to the game. He says he gave his passion, and wit, and he was the gay guy.

3. Gretchen asked about the chocolate pee-pee moment. She says that he said he was worried about his mother before the show. Beau made some noises, and said it was not his fault. Once one person saw, why not everyone?

4. Question from viewer: Who was weakest player? Beau: long mumbling, then says April.

5. Question from viewer: What did you miss most? Answer: Cell phones, (backtracks) family, friends, clients, because without him they won't dress.

6. Question from viewer: What was your strategy? Beau: Quietest girl and most jock boy. He thinks Maggie was the quietest girl and murgled on. He feels he scored by getting the team he had.

7. Question from viewer: Will you go into acting/? Beau: (Some stuff) maybe.

8. Question from Gretchen: What did you mean by the black and white stuff? Beau explained Rachel meant back and forth.

9: Question from viewer: Who was strongest? Beau: Kaysar.

10: Question from Gretchen: Flirting with Howie? Beau: Yeah, and I helped with with his hygiene.

11. Question from viewers: Any life-long friendships? From Gretchen: and enemies? Beau: Friends -Maggie, Jennifer, Cappy. (does not mention April) Enemies? Janelle. She's a south beach girl -(I don't know what this means)

Eviction predictions - Marcellas - week 1 or winner Gretchen- week 10.

(During the interview part Marcellas was doing other things to indicate amusing boredom - his nails, reading, etc)

-----------------------

Post interview:

Gretchen: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? I had to do all the work today!

Gretchen notes she that knew she would have to, because of how Beau was about Marcellas. Marcellas talks about how he was disappointed in Beau, and he just decided to let Gretchen do the talking so he was not too rude.

Two mad callers, upset about Marcellas not speaking too much to Beau.

Angie from Wisconsin worried about what MArcellas did, but loved the HC guys. Marcellas notes he already explained.

Trish from Houston - said they look great, sucked up, then said Marcellas was rude and arrogant. Marcellas asked how does that differed from his interview with Jennifer, Trish didn't see that one. Marcellas said she did not have a frame of reference, but thanked her pointedly for her crtitique. Trish from Houston got mad and tried to get a shot in by only saying goodbye in a snotty voice to Gretchen.

Next caller - thought M. was good about Beau. Marcellas said he's having a rough day, just donated much money to Katrina relief, he's not in the mood to talk to a non-contributing game player like Beau. Gretchen cuts in with a send out of prayers and thoughts, and wishes she could help more.

Gretchen recaps how Beau brought up Marcellas so much during the season, and gets Marcellas's back.

- question about how Janelle could win. (by convincing jury)

- more support from caller about how Marcellas handled Beu.

- another call from man - don't worry about earlier calls - asked about Mag throwing the contest. Maggie did not want to have to make that decision. Marcellas would not have a problem with Maggie winning.

-caller about amount of bashing from Friendship.

*Gretchen notes how useless it is to try and understand the delusional behaviour and hypocrisy of Friendship.

-caller about how the Friendship now know we can hear everything in the HOH after saying they did not before. They remember how the Friendship claimed Janelle must be giving blow jobs to a producer, and how ugly of a comment that is. Marcellas says they do, in fact, know the HOH is filmed and can't use that as an excuse.

Guest Shockalot
Hey Shock, hook up a brother, where do we get transcripts, I'm a reader over a watcher anytime!

Also, I could not agree more about the live feeds which I don't get ... but from this point of view ... my role in preparing our uploads has become so much easier now that we are down to 5! Sounds like an Agatha Christie novel ... Ten Little Indians ... lol

I loved that book hehe!

Maybe that is why we grew up with the premise to follow Big Brother?

(If you read it as a kid like I did?)

Sorry I did not know where to find any transcripts this season myself.

Last year I do remember somebody was doing them.

In anycase - big thanks to Tums for making one!

Finally I can start updating on the Friendship room easier now.. before it was like you were following a conversation while a squawking seagull was jumping around the room.

Well actually, Beau doesn't only squeal. A lot of the time he makes 'Dismissive' noises and that was just as annoying on the ears lol.

Often he would sit for what seemed like all day - then start zigzagging around the fray for no reason.

Ugh.. i feel like a sense of freedom now that guy is gone.

Already I like Ivette more too lol

Beau was not the only offender in the disgusting 'f*cktalk' conversations but he had to be up there as one of the worst of the worst.

Talking.. simulating every detail of how his anus (mangina) looks while the other guy masterbates in it, what it smelled like, how the fluid works, the blood and/or feces and where it drained after, what smells or farts would come out.

Describing even the drugs they would be on, how many and like I say, even using Ivette or some pillows as props while he went through the simulations.

Those conversations went on for hours and were ongoing, repeated and 'topped' by those Sheep many times.

Thats stuff I heard in just one 15 minute portion!!

and thats not even getting into Ivette and Aprils comments.

Im sure Beaus Mum is simply delighted to be pastoring next Sunday when people ask her about her Son.

Real Proud.

Ok, I just watched todays HC's with Beau and I have some serious issues. First off a disclaimer. I have nothing against Marcellas as a person. I think he makes very valid points sometimes. But after today, I want to see how much he can look at himself in the mirror and look at HIS true face. And, I really don;t expect himhim to respond, becuase I don;t think he has done enough looking ito his own self to be able to respond and make sense.

I don;t know where to bein, but I will begin with his ignoring Beau completely on the show today. And remember, i am not a fan of Beaus or the Fiendsheep.

Many times this season Marcellas has refereed to himself as a "Journalist". Yet as a "Journalist" he chose to completely ignore and ridicule by actions, Beau. A "Journalist" would not do that. A TRUE Journalist would have been professional enough to set aside their personal feelings and ask the questions that needed to be asked.

Marcellas was offended that Beau referenced him many times during the show on the live feeds. As sopmeone who has watched the live feedsmany more hours than is healthy, I can only count a few times that Beau mentioned Marcellas.

For the sake of argument, If Beau is mentioning your name, hell if any houseguest is mentioning your name, that just advances your fame, so why would you be upset? You can disagree with what they say about you, but a self proclaimed journalist, you should be proud that your name lives on.

You have said multiple times that that people who haven't been n the house, do not know what it is like, yet, you as someone who has been in the house, feels free to personaly attack anyone who for whatever reason, feels some kind of kindship with you. Now given that Beau is nothing like you, should you hold hit against him that he felt some kind of similaritry to you beacause he was black and gay? He didn;t know how he was coming across to everyone just as you didn;t.

If I remember correctly, and anyone with the DVD of your season can verify or deny, I think at one point, you and Amy said you would be friends FOREVER after the show and we now know that that is not true. Does that make you a liar? No, in my opinion it just shows that whne you are cooped up in that house, you make attachments that aren't real.

I, personally, was offended by your actions on HC's with Beau. If you are the "Journalist" and "Celeb" and "upstanding, moral person" that you claim to be, you should have been able to put your PERSONAL feelings aside and interview the guest. Julie Chen does it every week. But alas, you took the low road and went against everythijng you have said all season.

Beau was picked out of millions

Beau agreed to have his life put on camera

Beau agreed to have his faults shown

Beau played a game as he saw fit

Beau was dedicated to his partner

Beau respected you enough to compare himself to you.

And in the end, you disrespected him for having the guts to play the game and you disrespected yourself as a supposed "Journalist" by opting out of the discussion instead of at least being man enough to ask a question or make a comment that didn't affect the game.

Many people will support you going on emotion, but I, even as much as I hate Beau, will not support you. As you have said, Anyone who has the guts to open their life up, deserves props, but you couldn;t even give Beau that.

Go ahead and respond, I dare ya. I know you won;t, beause your behavior on Tues HC's made you look bad. And anything that makes you look bad.

Dep

Guest DenimIsGreat

Wow, powerful post. I did not see the interview yet but heard about Marcellus Behavior.

I watched the season that Marcellus was on, and that season Marcellus was one of my favorites. I liked Danielle and Jason more but, I wanted Marcellus to win more than say Lisa or whatever her name was that won. I thought she didn't deserve it, and I thought it was harsh that they called her an angel and danielle a devil was it? (pretty sure that's what they called them) anyway.

From what I have heard of Marcellus behavior it sounds very immature and disgusting.

I will be reviewing reality shows starting this year, and I would love to interview contestants. And I am a somewhat emotional person but hey, it's a "job". Wether the compensation is money, or the fun in doing the interviews.

I wish he would have acted more professionally. But then again, he thinks it's okay to lie, and distorts it and says that it isn't "really" lying. Ditto for Gretchen so, they believe in playing dirty as well.

Beau showed his pee pee to the world.

He also said he was 10X Marcellas. I would be offended by the vapor that is Beau as well.

His answers to Gretchen's questions were about as logical as his Howie/Rachel nomination speech.

I think Marcellas showed tremendous restraint under the circumstances.

I saw that episode of Houseguests as well. I found it funny though espically with the eye rolling and nail fileing incident. I think Marcellas calling himself a journalist is a little farfetchted but whatever. Clearly today wasn't a good for him, I am guessing that he is emotionally tied up right now with the whole Katrina disaster espically since he is african american and sees them as his people. His behaviour was immature if not funny at best. But I do think not saying anything was his best approach because he is not a journalist as he refers to himself and he probably would have went off on Beau risking 'the integrity' of the game and probably his job. And as usual I just babled whatever that's my take.

Guest DenimIsGreat
Wow a pretty harsh message to Marcellas for what, ignoring Beau?

I haven't seen Tuesday's HC yet but from what I gather from your post, I am glad to see that Marcellas is not an actor. WHY should he address Beau? Ultimately it's his choice.

He SHOULD adress Beau because it his job to review, recap, discuss, and interview.

And he did not do his job because he let emotions get into his way.

Imagine if Erics house was on fire and he said, "I can't save my family, it's just

too emotional". I would be like "now that's sounds so f**king ridiculous, do your job"

Maybe not say it to him, but that would be what I would think.

Ditto for if a child was riding his or her bike and got hit by a car. Imagine if maggies reply was, "I would help ya kid but, I love children and this is too emotional. I am going to get ice cream, if you survive I'll save some for you, it will be in my freezer, toodles!"

You can't let your emotions interfere with your job like that. And to top it off.

IT'S PEOPLE ON A REALITY SHOW. NOT A LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION.

See my point?

ps. tboy, Marcellus is too immature to have this job, this is exactly why they need someone else to take his place. All in favor of DENIMISGREAT working for CBS say I!

He SHOULD adress Beau because it his job to review, recap, discuss, and interview.

And he did not do his job because he let emotions get into his way.

Imagine if Erics house was on fire and he said, "I can't save my family, it's just

too emotional". I would be like "now that's sounds so f**king ridiculous, do your job"

Maybe not say it to him, but that would be what I would think.

Ditto for if a child was riding his or her bike and got hit by a car. Imagine if maggies reply was, "I would help ya kid but, I love children and this is too emotional. I am going to get ice cream, if you survive I'll save some for you, it will be in my freezer, toodles!"

You can't let your emotions interfere with your job like that. And to top it off.

IT'S PEOPLE ON A REALITY SHOW. NOT A LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION.

See my point?

You're missing the point of House Calls. Julie Chen has to play it straight. However, the viewers love the "dish." So it's great for Gretchen and Marcellas to get riled up. That's why the show is so successful.

Guest DenimIsGreat
You're missing the point of House Calls.  Julie Chen has to play it straight.  However, the viewers love the "dish."  So it's great for Gretchen and Marcellas to get riled up.  That's why the show is so successful.

If that's the case what if Gretchen got so "riled up" she didn't want to interview him so bad she ignored him and did what marcellus was doing. In fact, what if she didn't say anything to Beau and gave her self a bikini wax, and flossed her teeth? With the hair?

Then CBS should bring someone ELSE in to interview him? Or what if Gretchen was sick? Then no one should interview him until she gets back possibly a week later?

I made no mention of Gretchen being rude. I think Gretchen as always handled herself well. I am just calling out Marcellas on everything he did not do as a "Journalist" as he has called himself this season. I have nothing against him as a pesrson, but he has claimed to be a journalist, a person who has been in the house and know how it feels, and seems to get off on people referencing him, unless it is in a negative way. He has shown this by hanging up on callers who have spent hard earned money siting on hold for an hour to get through to HC's, and he has said many times over that he posts on multiple websites, but will hang up on anyone who says they monitor other sites. He is a hypocrite and I want to see him justify himself. I for one, love the majority of things he says, but, he says not to judge or hate the folks in the house, yet he won't even speak to Beau because Beau honored him by comparing himself to him? HMarcellas could have easilly said that he appreciated the fact that Beau thought he was him, and still have asked a question or two. If Marcellas is the "Journalist" that he claims to be, or want's to be, he has to get a harder shell and accept compliments, even if he doesn;t agree.

Marcellas basically displayed the thing that we have seen on the news over and over this week due to Hurricane Katrina. Discrimination against Black americans. Think about it, if Beau had been some hot straight bald black muscular man who had said he loved Marcellas during the game, and had -played the same game Beau did, do you think Marcellas would have been so rude? I don;t think so. I think Marcellas would have sucked up. It wasn't how Beau played the game, it was how Beau p[layed the game AND that he was Gay, Black, Bald, and a personal shopper that referenced Marcellas and compared himself to marcellas.

Dep

Obviously Marcellas wasnt chosen to do Housecalls because of his journalistic integrity or his skills. He was chosen because at one time he was a very popular BB alumni. He even made comments to James and Kaysar that they seemed to be after his job, which to me showed a little insecurity. But he may have reason to be insecure. If his presence is based solely on BB popularity, with Kaysar's overwhelming popularity this year and Marcellas' job performance this year, they may well choose to replace him with Kaysar next season. I've been saying it this whole season, Marcellas shows way too much favoritism and while he's welcome to his opinion, his job is to show some impartiality and interview them, not judge them. He ignored Beau and he acted like a child when Eric was on and refused to sit next to him, while he openly flirted with Kaysar and told him and James how good looking they are. I wouldnt have sat on Eric's lap either, nor did I expect Marcellas to, but I did expect him to act like an adult.

Furthermore for all of their claims about getting to the dirt and calling it like they see it, Gretchen waited till Beau was off the line to make comments. Marcellas didnt hesitate to do it with Jennifer, although he did the same eye rolling thing to every answer she gave. Beau didnt give great answers but ya know some people just are not good public speakers and get tongue tied when put on the spot, just as Beau appeared to do during his nomination speech and when Julie Chen was interviewing him. He sure didnt have an issue with talking or getting his point across during conversations with the other HG's. And frankly, part of the interviewer's job is to put people at ease so that they feel more comfortable speaking and answering questions, especially in a talk show type setting. They made that effort for Kaysar and James and Michael, and Sarah and Rachel, but they made no attempt to at all with Eric or Beau.

Hate to say it but I think Marcellas' usefulness as a talk show host has passed and its time to get someone who is able to seperate their emotions and personal judgements from the interview.

Guest Jerryv101

look, dude, we like Housecalls because it's funny and it talks about Big Brother. Marcellas doesn't have to act like Barbara Walters, there are two of them there, so if Marcellas didn't want to talk to Beau, he didn't have to. Gretchen would do the same if say Jennifer had called her a bitch or said she is better than Jennifer. They are playing off that for ratings and it's smart.

Guest Shockalot

Since 99% of 'Real' Journalists are nothing more than Actors who have taken some sociology courses and read teleprompters - I dont see why Marcellas isnt just as much a Journalists as anyone on your local news channel.

Second of all.. Marcellas is probably furious that a younger and even gayer version of himself has taken centre stage. The fabulous Circuit-Boy Beau.

I dont know but Im told Gays are like women in that way. (Femmy Gays I mean).

Marcellas has been mouthy, rude, spiteful and downright contemptuous of anyone who crosses his path since BB3.

Its just that he does it with an effected 'lispy' feminine accent and flippant body language so that people find it 'funny' or at least 'excusable'.

Finally, Marcy was probably just as bored and/or aggravated by having to watch and listen to Beau on the live-feeds for the last two months just like the rest of us.

So you can see, when all things are considered its pretty self-explanatory.

Guest DenimIsGreat

Yes, Marcellus is a "bitch". He's a "queen". He's not manly to say the least.

I liked willed the nurse much better. He was gay but I mean, he was pretty

much just a "nice" guy to me.

Marcellus is surely one of those bitchy gay guys like Beau. With that "honey" and 'girl" rhetoric.

Paula1572 and others

I never said that Marcellas was ajournalist. I just said that HE has referred to himself that way multiple times this season.

As for a journalist's job to make someone comfortable, I disagree. If you have watched any news this past week with Katrina disaster, all of the major journalists have not cared about the director of FEMA, or theMaypr of New Orleans, or the Governors of the states affected. They have asked the hard questions and yes the guests have squirmed tryi8ng to come up with the "right" answer. A journalists job is not to make someone feel comfortable, but to get the facts. If it was to make someone feel comfortable and at ease, it would not be news, it would be a talk show. And Gretchen would not run from a tough question. She is real and gets down and dirty, whereas Marcellas is afraid to tarnish his image to the HG's. He is more than happy speaking behind their backs.

Dep

Guest Shockalot

How odd you would bring that up.

Speaking of Marcellus, Journalism and The HurricaneK...

Did anyone catch 'Charlie Rose' tonight?

You NEED to see his interview with Winton Marcellas.

It was one of the best pieces of 'Journalism' and easy the most moving, honest and ... suprise.. sensible discussions on class system, politics and responsibility I have ever heard.

Man.. I thought that Marcallis was just some arrogant jazz celeb but after that interview I cant figure out why in the bloody hell that man is not talking instead of race-baiting Jesse Jackson and Jon Stewart.

I IMPLORE you to watch the Charlie Rose from tonight.

Winton Marcellus just renewed my bruised faith in Americans after that Hurricane Shame Incident