Is BB over/finished after this season?

gsn

I know this is probably a touchy subject,but in light of recent events... is BB still a viable show?

What with the producers caving into Chima regarding this LIVE eviction... then the 3 bitches threatening to walk off the show,and them caving... The HG's vitually ignoring what production tells them to do or not do? Talking back at every instruction given to them... Not following sleeping rules...ect.ect... this will lead future HG's to think they can, and will get away with the same behaviour... it seems the cast is in control of the show, not BB at this point.

Has this seasons cast, Jessie included RUINED our SHOW???

your thoughts appreciated

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the drama and intensity of this season will only make it last longer. I thought that this might very well be it's last season with the way things have been the last few years (heck, I'm still surprised there was a BB10), but ya, this year has been crazy awesome. If someone walks off, all the more drama which means all the more ratings. I'm sure BBAD is seeing it's highest ratings ever as well. YAY!!! BB20 I can't wait!!!

I think the drama and intensity of this season will only make it last longer. I thought that this might very well be it's last season with the way things have been the last few years (heck, I'm still surprised there was a BB10), but ya, this year has been crazy awesome. If someone walks off, all the more drama which means all the more ratings. I'm sure BBAD is seeing it's highest ratings ever as well. YAY!!! BB20 I can't wait!!!

But the problem is NOBODY is walking OFF, because the producers are making way to many concessions to/for the HG's ... Bunch of spoiled brats this season as far as I'm concerned!!!just sayin

The only drama tonight was not aired..no one that watches the CBS network show(yawns) even knows about all this BS!!

CBS needs to just remove Chima... I have never seen a family interview where they were ashamed of the HG until tonight. This woman is over the flippin' top! Where she gets her sense of entitlement from, I have NO IDEA! But her 4 year old mentality is toxic.... What mental ward did CBS raid to find house guests this season?

The ratings are actually looking good for the show lately. It's been one of the higher rated shows for it's time slot. I doubt it's over.

Although i wouldn't be shocked if we start seeing fixed HoHs to get rid of the whiners.

I agree with you, the ratings are still up...

I guess that explains WHY the producers are taking it up the A** to make those 3 happy,and not leave, ratings=money!!! There comes a point and time when it becomes so jaded that nobody buys it anymore...

just sayin

If it was me I would call their BLUFF and watch NONE of them leave the HOUSE!!

Plus, they had over 12 million votes.. Im sure 1/4 of that is from texts, which charges 1 dollar a text...

And they are doing the Have-nots Votes EVERY WEEK.. just keep giving them money.. im SURE They will have another season.. keep sending them money.

Gotta love Kevin's idea that now houseguests will be all nicey to get America's votes for stuff..... ummmm 1, if that hasn't happened yet, it isn't going to happen....... and 2, it's not ok to let America vote to give genuinely nice people a hand... but ok for chima, Nat, and Lydia to threaten to leave...

I was going to try to find a post I did a few season's ago but could not find it.

But, BB is a Big Old Fat CASH COW for CBS.

Non -stop programming for 3 months (generally the dead zone of new programming - summer._

Staff costs: $750 a week stipend (lowest amount possible) per HG, Allision payroll, a bunch of PAs and some union people to test and set up stunts, Julie Chen's fee (keeping $ in the CBS family), some people to man cameras and a couple of sound and editors.

Other Costs: Limited set costs, recycling of cheesy props for competitions , HG Food and Slop, $750 week stipend for each HG),

Production costs have to be some of the lowest of any TV show - down there with Cops.

All kinds of Revenue streams: CBS Advertising, Product Placement, Showtime, Feeds at $40 buck a month, text messaging, this list goes on and on.

Cross promotions: Showtime, new CBS movies, the late night show, ethe early show.

All equals BIG OLE CASH COW.

CBS and Allision G will keep this show air even if Allision is on life support systems.

I don't think a couple HG throwing a hissy fit will be able to bring down BB- I do think it was lame of BB to cave to them though, why not show them making asses out of themselves on TV if they're wanting to quit. Ultimately what makes BB go is that people tune in to watch.

I'm really trying to relate to their sour grapes over the America's choice of the coup d'etat... I really enjoyed it when it's been able to help a HG i enjoy, but I felt during BB8 quite strongly that it hurt Eric's gameplay a lot, and he was a HG I liked. That might not be the greatest comparison as giving a boost to a player well liked by the public is different then having a player pretty much given instruction and controlled. For CBS something like giving Jeff the coup is smart- if people despise the HG then they're less likely to watch and remain invested (BB9 was so horrid that I ignored all CBS links to that once obnoxious james came back in in that dumb twist- it ruined the first week i enjoyed of the whole season). It'd be insufferable to watch a house getting steamrolled by the cult of Jessie, and so america can say who they like and then that person gets a chance to turn the tides and make the show much more enjoyable for people to watch. Knowing the coup was going to be used, I think I was more excited for a show than I ever have been- even knowing it was pre-recorded to filter the drama. It's kindof a nice thing to have repercussions for playing in a way that isn't enjoyable. The people that got screwed by the coup d'etat were Jessie, Nat, and Chima, none of whom I was enjoying.

Admittedly, I'd be upset and frustrated if Jessie had gotten the coup and put up Jeff and Jordan...

I think this has been one of the best seasons to date! I do think they should invest a little more money in doing pre-screen psych evaluations though. Where the heck are they getting all these hot headed nut jobs? Geez! One per season is fine, but dang this season is pushing the limits! Someone is gonna get swung on...I'm just saying and Schema is lucky she's not a dude!

Hey does anyone know the date and time on the feeds that the 3 girls threatened to walk? I want to watch it.

They did it in the DR... You can't watch it, you can only hear them talk about it at around 6 BBT...

I agree with you, the ratings are still up...

What I don't get is the point behind the double eviction night. This season started with 13 HGs. We are now down to 8.

With the ratings where they are at now why ruin a good thing with the Double Eviction? After next thursday we will be down to six and that's when things in the house start to get really boring. With six left there really isn't much to do or watch. All the alliances are set and it just comes down to the comps.

So after next thursday we are left with what? 2-4 weeks in the season? Bad enough that this season started late.

Oh well.

It's comin down to it and that means a 9 month wait for the next season.

Maybe CBS will do the right thing and give us another winter edition of the show.

Archived