Is BB over/finished after this season?

gsn

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this is probably a touchy subject,but in light of recent events... is BB still a viable show?

What with the producers caving into Chima regarding this LIVE eviction... then the 3 bitches threatening to walk off the show,and them caving... The HG's vitually ignoring what production tells them to do or not do? Talking back at every instruction given to them... Not following sleeping rules...ect.ect... this will lead future HG's to think they can, and will get away with the same behaviour... it seems the cast is in control of the show, not BB at this point.

Has this seasons cast, Jessie included RUINED our SHOW???

your thoughts appreciated

I agree with gsn.

I don't think this is one of the better seasons of BB and the HGs are totally controlling BB producers. It's sick to know that BB is catering to them.

I definitely think this cast could ruin BB altogether.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last season of BB.

If they do more, they need to change things so a cast like this doesn't happen again.

Each year the producers look for individuals who have strong personalities. If they ended up with a house full of people laid back like Jordan nobody would watch the show. The majority of fans get a kick out of BB because they love the drama including myself! I'm glad they'll toss in a couple of people who aren't constantly caught up in the turmoil of that house just to give my brain a break from all the intensity. rofl

Each year we speculate if BB will return the next year. I personally think that is impossible to gauge until the end of the season and we find out how well it did in the ratings overall. If it continues making money for the network they'll bring it back the next season. Simple as that. ;)

The Production Co. Endemol has been sold and Grodner is going with the ex-owners who btw have turned around and purchased the "Real World" production co. so i expect them to create another BB type of show and pitch it to another Network with AG attached or not. The Jesse move was most probably a Grodner plant...(who knows, maybe she likes to watch him shower)it wasn't a smart move by AG, but she IS leaving..the new exec. producer will probably be Scott Einzinger who they got from Amazing Race (who AR got from The Howard Stern Show)..there seems to be a trend in shows that occupy more than one day a week in prime time i.e. BB, Jay Leno's new show etc. this is a direct correlation to the public leaving the Networks crossing over to Cable reality shows by allowing TIVO to remember where everything is that they prefer to watch.

So I definitely feel that BB will be back in some capacity next year OR an off-shoot of it somewhere else.

I know this is probably a touchy subject,but in light of recent events... is BB still a viable show?

What with the producers caving into Chima regarding this LIVE eviction... then the 3 bitches threatening to walk off the show,and them caving... The HG's vitually ignoring what production tells them to do or not do? Talking back at every instruction given to them... Not following sleeping rules...ect.ect... this will lead future HG's to think they can, and will get away with the same behaviour... it seems the cast is in control of the show, not BB at this point.

Has this seasons cast, Jessie included RUINED our SHOW???

your thoughts appreciated

Your question is on the BB topic "table" here at work. This is one of the worst season of recent seasons IMO... maybe if they cast fans of the GAME instead of fame whores, models, and aspiring actors/actresses, the game could go back to being what we have always known it to be.

The Production Co. Endemol has been sold and Grodner is going with the ex-owners who btw have turned around and purchased the "Real World" production co. so i expect them to create another BB type of show and pitch it to another Network with AG attached or not. The Jesse move was most probably a Grodner plant...(who knows, maybe she likes to watch him shower)it wasn't a smart move by AG, but she IS leaving..the new exec. producer will probably be Scott Einzinger who they got from Amazing Race (who AR got from The Howard Stern Show)..there seems to be a trend in shows that occupy more than one day a week in prime time i.e. BB, Jay Leno's new show etc. this is a direct correlation to the public leaving the Networks crossing over to Cable reality shows by allowing TIVO to remember where everything is that they prefer to watch.

So I definitely feel that BB will be back in some capacity next year OR an off-shoot of it somewhere else.

So is this offical, that AG will NOT be apart of BB next year?

Please, no winter show. For me BB is the perfect Summer show.

This was NOT a show (like Lenos) that reflect audiences leaving the network...it was meant to be a summer show all along. They tried it in the winter and it didn't work.

for me probably yes

i dont see a lot of regulars posting

its not same around here

i like american idol way more then bb anyway

that is a first for me the moment ai surpass bb

will bb be back next year?

it really depends on the fans ultimately if they continue to watch and drive revenue for cbs

whether it will be back or not

well that is the case for most tv shows :2thumbsup:

the reason they bought the coup into play was to save bb fate

bb is one of the many shows due to its dynamics if the result of show isnt going a certain way the ratings suffer

also hg have been aka "blackmailing " bb for years nothing new there

bb7 the hg did nothing but "blackmail" to get there way

:afro:

I don't expect them to have another winter version of BB. I think the only reason they had it in the first place was due to the writer's strike and they couldn't continue filming shows so they had to come up with something to fill up time slots.

Don't fret, gang. I don't think we have to worry about that happening again (unless there's another writer's strike!). rofl

If BB is under the gun to improve ratings, BB11 is not much help.

NONE of these guys plays the game well at all

I find it impossible to cheer for any of these guys. Too many floaters and just plain jerks. If the jerks play really well like Will and Evil Dick that would be different. Show me a mastermind in any of these folks.

This Coup D'etat popularity contest may be the last straw for folks who want to see the game played. Having an America's Choice shill working towards a goal was bad enough (essentially buying his vote). Now they have cut out the middle man. Now it's the who is cutest/nicest vote. Stick that in any of the best BB years and tell me you would like it. sad

One of the worst three seasons. Could end up being the worst unless some of these floaters step up and actually play. Very boring

No more feeds for me next year. Too much Foth and not enough entertainment value

I am doubting a BB12 Julie is going top need time off for the baby anyway

What I don't get is the point behind the double eviction night. This season started with 13 HGs. We are now down to 8.

With the ratings where they are at now why ruin a good thing with the Double Eviction? After next thursday we will be down to six and that's when things in the house start to get really boring. With six left there really isn't much to do or watch. All the alliances are set and it just comes down to the comps.

So after next thursday we are left with what? 2-4 weeks in the season? Bad enough that this season started late.

Oh well.

It's comin down to it and that means a 9 month wait for the next season.

Maybe CBS will do the right thing and give us another winter edition of the show.

Why the double eviction?

Cause Fans LOVE IT.. I promise you, next thursday, it will be almost impossible for a couple of hours to get onto Morty's cause of the traffic.. it only adds excitment to the fans..

-

UVP, I wish they would Allow ANYBODY else new to Mortys..ha..

The regulars for sure stop coming.. I mean, there is stilla lot of us.. but alot leave...

I think this season is going great.. I think there will be another season.. I am almost 100% sure that there will be another AS..

Why the double eviction?

Cause Fans LOVE IT.. I promise you, next thursday, it will be almost impossible for a couple of hours to get onto Morty's cause of the traffic.. it only adds excitment to the fans..

-

UVP, I wish they would Allow ANYBODY else new to Mortys..ha..

The regulars for sure stop coming.. I mean, there is stilla lot of us.. but alot leave...

I think this season is going great.. I think there will be another season.. I am almost 100% sure that there will be another AS..

It shortens the season. That's why I don't like it that much. Especially considering there were 13 HGs this year.

As far as the winter edition goes, why can't it work? Last one sucked because of the couples thing. It was stupid and lame. Using the usual formula it could be fun.

Besides, I'd rather watch BB than crappy American Idol. Then again, I really don't watch a lot of TV outside of BB, Baseball and Hockey.

Don't you all think that the reason they are doing a dbl eviction is because of Julies due date?? I do, they need to shorten it up so she will prolly be there for the finale, and I most definately thin there will be another seaon of BB.

Don't you all think that the reason they are doing a dbl eviction is because of Julies due date?? I do, they need to shorten it up so she will prolly be there for the finale, and I most definately thin there will be another seaon of BB.

I think they wanted a shorter season this year.

I don't know why they don't have Janelle host the show with a mix of past houseguests.

Janelle is probably the most popular reality TV star ever. Having here and DR Will host the show would be really entertaining.

anyone care to revisit this post in light of recent events??

CHIMA SUCKS has pretty much F'ed the show this season,seems the way they are handling her leaving is kinda wierd. Michelle HOH for a day and half..,can you imagine what CHIMA SUCKS would have thought about that,no lying around in the HOH bed for a week with them cleaning her ass rooting around in there, being fanned by her subjects, holding dominion over the lower folks???

the ratings are high surprisingly

the board last year never went down

this year constantly for whatever reason

i thought more people were on last year

the drama and insanity going on is definitely generating a lot of buzz which is most likely good, but CBS has to be very careful that it doesn't snowball into HG this season acting up constantly (and screen carefully for future HG). Drama and buzz is nice for a little shot in the arm of ratings, but having maniacal weeks like this is not sustainable- good gameplay and intense competition is what makes the show go round

Well if they didn't have guests that rebelled it would be boring. They have to have someone who we love to complain about. It is what keeps us tuning in waiting for "the evil person" to have something happen to them.

Archived