Angie

Jem

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The girls don't like her because she's a bit of an introvert. She doesn't seem to talk much when they're all grouped together. She probably spent more time with her brother than out clubbing like these other girls.

I'm surprised to see Keesha talks garbage about her. I'm wondering if it's just her putting up a front to the other girls.

Angie will be teamed up with Jerry and Memphis before too long. All the rest of them are idiots that think they've got it all in the bag. Brian's the worst of the bunch, acting like he used mind powers to take control of Jerry's key selection. Some of these people think simple coincidence is successful manipulation.

I'm with all of you and again she's my fav till the door hits her in the ...dupa, which if the other, echmmm, ladies of the house have their way, will be too soon for me.

From some of what I have read in updates they have put her in the Brian/Dan alliance somehow because she hangs with them. When I saw that Michelle today was badmouthing Angie, I wanted to come through the monitor and choke her...then later Michelle ended up telling Angie everything that is going on behind her back...whew :animated_bouncy:

King,do you prefer Keesha over Angie because she favors Dani or because she is missing a tooth and has an annoying laugh? j/k (sorry... couldn't resist) I am still waiting on her personality to come out before I decide if I want to pull for her. So far, out of the girls, I like Angie the best.

So far Angie is my favorite.

BBAD July 15th Movie Charade game....

Angie cried about Jerry's insinuation about her being psycho & several people said she over reacted which is partially true, but when you consider she'd been drinking, & she's kept isolated away from family & friends contained in this group as her support then combined with the groups irrational silent treatment towards her (because of Jerry) it doesn't take much to add fuel to the flames.

Jerry's insinuation was by no means just for joking fun. Don't be fooled. It was his stubborn old man approach to convey his opinion in a not so subtle way at a time when everyone is kicked back enjoying themselves while Angie had begun to drop her guard. Right after it happened I thought, what a total old ass.

She hadn't done anything mean to anyone & this old guy is slipping in a cheap shot when she is finally trying to blend back into the group he turned against her again.

Jerry is beginning to shed his old man charm quickly in my opinion.

Underneath is a stubborn bitter jealous old mean spirited man trying to find ways to belittle other nicer young people at any chance available.

Everything he says about treating people with respect is a lie, & he is beginning to demonstrate his true colors.

That thing with Jerry was a misunderstanding. Towards the end of BBAD it got cleared up. Jerry was equally hurt that she'd think he would insult her.

I don't think Angie will last in this game. She's smart enough for it but the only alliances that will have her are those with the odds stacked against them. It's just a matter of time unless she does the smart thing and teams up with Jerry and Memphis, maybe Dan too since he'll be in the wind when Brian leaves. That would be a strong foursome. Everybody else in there are worthless as alliance mates. Michelle would be terrible for Angie to rely on. She's a false friend that will disassociate herself with Angie if it looks like those girls are targeting her.

I don't see any of these things that some people see in Jerry. Then again, I'm older and my father is 79 and also fought in Korea. It was and is a different generation and some young people just don't understand how direct many older people of that ilk are. He didn't mean any harm whatsoever in my opinion.

Now Angie, she drives me nuts and it's for one reason and one reason only. Her constant smoking.

Look, I can understand older people smoking, they're addicted and cigs weren't as taboo or considered as dangerous back then. Even during my generation it was still pretty "cool" to smoke.

...but Angie? At her age she's smoking like this? With everything we know about cigs now, with all the cancer and emphysema running around, with all the stores starting to stop selling them and all the public places including bars no longer allowing them inside, WHY does she smoke so much? To me that's a sign of some problems. She doesn't stop. She's a chain-smoker. Does she not understand she's killing herself?

A pretty young girl like her who appears in good shape is going to destroy herself. I hate cigarettes. They make me sick and every time I see someone smoking I feel sorry for them. They are one of the most rotten things ever created and in my opinion it's legalized murder because that is exactly what "Big Tobacco" is doing by producing them.

...and I'm sorry but every time I see a young person smoking like that it makes me sad.

No....smoking cigs doesn't obligate others the freedom to insult you because they are part of a racist generation.

Angie was nice to him & everyone...his intention wasn't a joke. It was meant to seem like that's all but not so.

Jerry has single handedly decided to go against her because of his own racism plain & simple. He fought in the Korean War & it's not hard to imagine he's reminded of having to kill people that looked like her.

Call it innocent treatment from an older generation ...I call it hatred without just cause......

Smoking doesn't make a person a bad guy...that's ridiculous...

Treating people badly for no reason that does make you rotten bad guy, & that's what Old Good Ole Jerry did.

I think she had a right to react to someone calling her psycho. I think she made it clear that she felt more uncomfortable by the fact that it bothered her then the comment itself. She knew in hindsight that it wasn't as personal as it felt. I think she handled it with a lot of class with Jerry's awkward apology and Michelle making the situation about HER pain. She is probably the most authentic of the people I've seen.

Wow I can tell me and you are going to get all "really" well on here "Dood".

If you're one of those people who likes to put words in people's mouths, please don't do it with me. ANY reg here can tell you I'm the LAST person you want to start making assumptions about and putting words in my mouth.

I NEVER said smoking made her a bad person so you saying that I said that and it was "ridiculous" is EQUALLY ridiculous.

What I DID say was that smoking is a rotten, nasty habit and anyone who starts smoking now knowing what we know with the way the government seems to be trying to make it harder and harder to smoke probably has some problem causing them to smoke. I can't think of a single rational reason why someone in this day and age would start smoking.

I have lost SO many people in my family to cancer due to smoking it makes me sick and my own mother had a double masectomy AND a kidney removed due to cancer aided by smoking.

I kinda like Angie and for you to think I believe she's a bad person because she smokes is ludicrous. Just the opposite. It saddens me and I feel terrible for her that she has picked up such a dangerous habit.

I agree with XAL and noone said that smoking made her a bad person, and Jerry is not a bad person either and hardly racist, against Asians because he was in the Korean war.

You make a blanket statement that by God it was Jerry's intention to slam her, I just think that is ridiculous, you are not in Jerrys head so you cannot say that, you can THINK what you want but to say for sure?? No way.

I think XAL was merely saying that the way Angie smokes all the time that she has underlying issues, she is medicating with cigaretts, because they are a drug. I agree, she overreacted, and it took me by surprise, because I thought she was more together than that, right away I thought this girl has issues, I like her and hope she can remain for a while but if she does not grow a thicker skin she will not last.

oh yes, I think Angie would be sooo much better off with Brain gone, he will use her and dog on her more than Jerry ever could or would given the chance,lol

Archived