Is Big Brother Rigged?

yadayadayada

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great article Mendes, thanks for sharing.

Well, I find it odd that now many can believe that Eric is just "full of crap." I remember being on the boards when it was reported that Kail tried to walk away from the game and the DR people persuaded her to stay. Everyone was in an uproar over it, because Kail was hated and they wanted her to leave. Many were not in favor of the manipulative tactics exhibited by the producers.

Yet, those who witnessed that situation now, say there is no manipulation on the part of the producers when it comes to their branchild the "AP." It sounds to me like there is "selective" thinking on some posters part and why wouldn't the producers extend the same manipulation to the other hg as they did to Kail?

1) Eric WAS America's player. He did well and make lots of $$.

2) That is old news that Eric was not allowed to use the POV at that time. There was not enough time for America to vote.

3) The people that did the interview were very biased and clearly Eric and Jessica fans.

4) The interviewer thinks Eric and Jess were robbed of the final 2. I don't think they would ever have gotten as far without D&D.

Nothing new in the interview that I haven't heard before. Everyone is entitled to their own version about what is fair and what is not.

It was a season with America's Player and if America loved Jameka or Dustin they would have had more of an advantage.

I know it kills some that America loved Dick Donato but it is what it is..........

1) Eric WAS America's player. He did well and make lots of $$.

He could have made more

2) That is old news that Eric was not allowed to use the POV at that time. There was not enough time for America to vote.

Old to you new to some of us. And if America can vote in 5 minutes who they want to evict they could have easily let us vote. All they had to do was show POV on Sunday night. There wasnt much going on anyway there wasnt even a food challenge that week. use that time to show POV

3) The people that did the interview were very biased and clearly Eric and Jessica fans.

You know this how? I am in no way an Eric fan but am upset by this

4) The interviewer thinks Eric and Jess were robbed of the final 2. I don't think they would ever have gotten as far without D&D.

Maybe, Maybe not. But Eric was clearly the best player this season

It was a season with America's Player and if America loved Jameka or Dustin they would have had more of an advantage.

Perhaps if CBS hadn't mocked Jameka's religion and make her look like complete nut. It is all about the editing. CBS left out many horrible comments by dick, for instance raping and killing women. Wonder why that was?

I know it kills some that America loved Dick Donato but it is what it is..........

Doesn't Kill me, baffles me though. I know it kills people to hear that Dick was not a mastermind they or he want to believe

i dont think BB is rigged.

however, i dont have selective thinking either. I think if any one of those HG wanted to DOR, BB would do their best to talk them out of it. for years we have witnessed HGs talking about how the DR said things that made them re-think their position or whatever. it happens to all of them, not just certain HGs.

i think its the DR messing with their heads more than anything. to me, going into the BB house, a person has to go in thinking "trust nobody" and that includes the DR.. because they too are playing the game.

I'd use the term America loosely. Plenty of America didn't love Dick Donato.

What I find to be somewhat disturbing is how many of Dick's fans turn an absolute blind eye to even the mere possibility that this game was stacked in his favor. I mean, being a fan of a reality contestant is one thing... but there is so much coming out that not only suggests, but really points to a heavy favoritism on the part of the producers of this season, and yet any discussion of this rapidly devolves into EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG, WE LOVE DICK, YOU'RE ALL JUST HATERS.

I mean, to each his/her own... but we can't even discuss this without rampant Dick fandom and being accused of "hating" when we're simply stating our own thoughts on what went on. And even if the subject at hand has to do with something else and only relates peripherally to Dick, it gets turned around so that it's all about Dick.

I find it a little weird. <-- that would be an IMHO, tyvm.

BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND... so much has come out and so much went on this season that I observed myself (through the transcriptions and the shows themselves) that points to this show having too much INFLUENCE by the producers. Would I call it rigged? Well, yeah, I guess so.

It was a one of a kind year with America's Player. I did not like the AP concept myself. Can't un ring the bell. Can't take back America's voting. Done deal.

The diary room most likely tries to discuss and manipulate in a very subtle way. They always have every year. Did they this year more then any other year? Maybe but we don't have any proof of that.

I have rarely heard the word Dick hater used. I don't know what is a bad word. Dick lover? Dick hater? Maybe Dick supporter or Dick disliker is a better word eh?

Talker and Spacey,

I absolutely agree with both of your posts. The producers had such a heavy hand in the outcome of the show. The fact that so many new things come to light of how the show was skewed to favor certain HG's is quite extraordinary. The whole AP twist was IMO a way for the producers to do anything they wanted and further whoever they wanted in the game, and I use that term very loosely for this season.

So, yes this season of BB was rigged.

i keep getting accused of being a Dick lover... and hey, i just liked rooting for the guy. there was no love involved.

people say "i dont understand how anyone could root for scum like that" and because i rooted for him... the people that didnt like him and felt people that rooted for him must be scum too... marked me off of their "friend list".

rigged? no. i dont believe so.

DR messing with HG heads? most definitely.

I guess I was a ED lover, was not appalled by his behavior. I think I watch BB for specific reasons , it is pure entertainment for me, yeah we all get a little involved as the season unfolds, but I also remember it is a game show, and there are subtle manipulations in the dr sessions, but rigged, I just cannot see the bigwigs getting together in the beginning of the season, looking at their cast and deciding on who should win and set out to make it happen, I will never believe that. And as far as how it always comes down to Dick being discussed that is because he is so detested by some and then the ones of us that did like him in BB get slapped around in the form of debate to make us see the err of our ways lol. It should just be hey I like Dick, or whoever you liked and then the other side can say and I hated him, and then just leave it at that. I know that would be real boring for some, but at this point I just do not care, I like who I liked, I rooted for D&D, they won, and anything outside of that who cares?? Yes, and I come and read the boards and occasionally put in my opinion, just because I do not agree with some of you does not mean I will not read or interact at times. No matter what interviews are out there, no matter who said what, they all have their own opinions too, I will never believe that BB is rigged, the whole form of reality has gotton kind of away from reality, so editing and other things occur that I think probably contribute to the theory of it being rigged.

excellent post Fatcat! I am not a Dick fan - but I don't believe the show was rigged as in a huge consipiracy to put he and his daughter on the show and let them win. I believe the people in the diary room probably do use their own ideas and opinions to try to persuade situations. Look at the drama it has created here at Morty's - are we not doing the same thing? If you don't agree with someone - just keep trying to change their mind! They are in the ratings business and are human. If my job depended on ratings I might try to keep those ratings high also.

Was the show manipulated each week to get ratings -- I think so.

Was the show rigged from the start -- I think not.

Snancy, I agree with you that the show was not rigged from the start. BUT once the money from the text voting started rolling in I believe the producers worked hard to make sure the cash cow kept giving them moolah. My feelings about Dick changed from like to dislike based mostly on his choice of strategy but also on what I felt was producer manipulation of the game. Yes he was entertaining to many viewers. He was also controversial and keeping him in there probably contributed to their bottom line in higher ratings and higher income via text message voting.

Hopefully this season was an anomoly and we won't have AP ever again, though I think the producers won't want to easily let go of the money it generated.

snancy, the one thing dont do is try and change someones mind when it comes to their like or dislike of a HG. if they dislike someone or like someone i think that is pretty much a closed deal. i think people get the wrong impression sometimes when there is so many that voice their opinions. its one thing to say "i dont like dick" but totally different when you say "i dont know how anyone can like that scumbag Dickhead" (to me, that is saying people that like dick are kinda messed up). i didnt see anyone saying "what kind of person could NOT like Dick? he's just entertaining us" (meaning there are people out there that have no humor)

i dont know.. there are way too many people that work for BB to have it Rigged and yet nobody has any proof of it. there are like 200 people on the crew of BB. Surely someone would have come out of the woodworks by now looking to make a few bucks to expose cbs/bb for cheating.

its one thing to say "i dont like dick" but totally different when you say "i dont know how anyone can like that scumbag Dickhead" (to me, that is saying people that like dick are kinda messed up)

Fizzle - I agree - that is taking a difference of opinion to a personal level. It was hard for me in the beginning of BB to seperate that also. Fortunately I was able to put it in the catagory of a TV show - unfortunately a few here are determined to force their opinions on those of you that did enjoy the entertainment value of Dick. Just because you enjoyed him on the show doesn't mean you would want him dating your daughter (or yourself!).

I don't think the show was rigged. I do think CBS and BB staff saw a cash cow in Dick Donato and encouraged it.

(oh and I'm really tired of people continually quoting the rape comments to tell me how vile he is. I heard them the first time he said them - don't wanna keep reading about them.) JMO

(oh and I'm really tired of people continually quoting the rape comments to tell me how vile he is. I heard them the first time he said them - don't wanna keep reading about them.) JMO

Dick is vile, example wanting to rape women anally, and CBS did not show that, they wanted to show him in the best possible light. Part of the rigging. I will bring it up when i want to thank you IMO

I have been hearing all sorts of stuff about BB being rigged.I think who cares,it was there to entertain us and that;s what it did.I have heard a lot of what the producers said to Eric if he failed his task.But when it comes down to it it was entertaining to watch.I will watch every year there is a BB.Plus it wasn't planned on all those comps D&D won.They were both very good players.

how could they air half of what dick said.. they would have had to Bleep most of it out and nobody would know what the heck he was saying! that is why CBS didnt air it. and not for nothing.. they did air him be a jerk. they just couldnt use the really bad stuff because it would have been kind of like this:

:censored::furious3::censored: you and your :censored: :censored: i wish i could :censored::furious3: i hope you :censored: :censored: you :censored:

soooo, i dont know... personally, i wouldnt want a show full of bleeps. (although i do love gordon on Hells kitchen and all his bleeps.)

bleeping things here and there ok. but to constantly have to do it, or to do it in a clip that all there would be is one long bleep is probably not what they are looking to do. (but thats just my opinion... who knows why they do what they do.) it could also have to do with this show is about entertainment and maybe they felt that if they aired those things it might be going into a different territory. i dont know.

I would like people to stop misconstruing what I said.

1) I did not call anyone Dick lovers. I said that conversations such as these rapidly devolve into types of statements such as "we love Dick" by Dick fans. <--- note the word FAN

2) I did not say anyone called anyone Dick haters. I said the term haters was being thrown around a lot. And it is. It's disengenous to deny it.

3) I expressed MY opinion that it was WEIRD that whenever a subject that was peripherally related to Dick was brought up, his supporters/fans jumped in and turned the conversation around so that it was all about him, when it was about something else... producer manipulation in the most recent case.

At this point, I see that any attempt at a discussion will be hijacked and turned into the sort of debate that I mentioned in my previous post, which no doubt will be gone within a few hours or a day tops.

So whatever. Carry on.

MY opinion is the game was rigged.

I wish I even knew what is meant here by "rigging", as opposed to "manipulation", and other vague words.

Honestly, I don't know how to really answer the rigged question: i.e. does rigged imply planned out from the beginning, or if not, at what point. Does rigged mean the same thing as cheating?

Are diary room "manipulations" different from rigging?

I'm being perfectly serious; when these words are all being used, they become interchangeable; hard to keep them distinct, and to know what we're talking about.

CBS did not show that, they wanted to show him in the best possible light.

Did it ever occur to anyone that CBS could not show it ?

You can't say sh*t and other words and phrases on primetime because the censors will not allow it.

Showing it or bleeping and/or putting the pixel over their mouths might have been pointless, if you can't tell/hear what he was saying.

Maybe CBS did WANT to show it but couldn't.

I would think something like that airing would REALLY be great for the ratings ( and theory )

If they wanted show him in the best possible light, why air any of his "rants/antics" ?

Those "rants/antics' are what have some peoples knickers twisted.

Archived