Dick - Finale Week H O H

CeCiMom

sFun_pop.gif

ive been saying for a few years now that i dont think most of these people should be on BB for one reason or another.. mainly... if they have model/actor anywhere in their bio.. i think they shouldnt be in the house. that being said...

i dont love dick, or daniele (heck, go back to the beginning and you will see that i disliked daniele from then) but i think they both played a great game and deserved to be final 2. i might not agree with how dick acted at times... but he did entertain me. he certainly gave everyone something to talk/fight/get suspended over. its been a rough summer and a great summer. but its pretty much over now.

shouldnt the insults end too?

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If rape/torture/kill threats garner cheers and adoration, what would a few harmless DUI's do?

yes, but if the record is valid, there's a lot more than a few DUIs. Even Dick admits to being in jail -- quite often -- so, my question still stands. Should someone (anyone) with a criminal record be permitted on a reality show?

Then I guess my answer would be - it's up to the network. However, it would depend on the conviction and time served for me to make a true decision. We all know. some crimes are far worse than others.

So, assuming Dick's record is valid, the spousal abuse with traumatic injury wouldn't be a problem? As long as he wasn't 'convicted', it would be okay to lock him in a house with 13 other people? How about the unlawful possession of a firearm silencer? BB/CBS is responsible for the protection of the other hgs, no matter how many ratings they get out of his behaviour.

Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass GO, do not collect 500,000.

His wife probably deserved to get smacked around a couple of times. And the silencer thing was just a misunderstanding. He just told someone to "shut up" and they responded with, "Why don't you make me."

I swear, you're making way to big of a deal about spousal abuse. It really isn't that bad, besides look how close he and Danielle are. Can it be that worng?

I think every season this question has been brought up or at least on some, because Janell got arrested for shoplifting and it was talked about over and over and used to bash her. I do not think they are gonna let any one in the house who is dangerous or convicted of anything really serious, not saying a DUI is not srious, it is just that a lot of people have had DUI's, and if you drink and get behind the wheel and drive, eventually you will get stopped and possibly get a DUI. I have not seen Dick drink a lot in the house so I do no think he chronically abuses alcohol and drinks and drives, there are people out there who cannot stop drinking because they are alcoholics so I think they are the ones who continue to be arrested for drinking and driving, and then the system lets them out, they do not recieve proper punishment and are back doing it again. I do not know what else Dick has been in jail for , it could be fighting, or anything, but I just do not think it has been any thing very serious, and for me I could care less, I think Dick has things in his life he is not proud of just like we all have those kinds of things, I think he is well on his way to being a better human being, and I think when he watches the show in it's entireity he will maybe make some other changes as well, maybe quit the cigs, and the spitting

i dont think BB/CBS would allow a person that has been convicted of spousal abuse and/or any other kind of abuse or deadly weapons to be on Big Brother. i just cant see it happening.

was the cops ever called to his house for a domestic dispute? maybe they took him in for not cooperating? so maybe he after all was said and done... the worse that was done that night was one of dick's yelling rants screaming obsene things and then when the cops showed up he called them obsene names and they arrested him. ?????

if there are no records of him being phyical with a female.. then BB/CBS probably saw him as a risk... but only in a verbal way and not physical.

Maybe so, Fatcat (although I have a different opinion)

But my question was -- assuming the record is valid (including the spousal abuse, etc.), would it change anything for some of you? Or would you still be in the Dick fan club, supporting him 100%?

Edit to add: the record in question states: spousal abuse; traumatic injury.

That's what I think Fizzle, because he is very verbal, his mouth is his biggest trouble and I can see him mouthing off to the cops and gettin run in for that. One time when I lived in San Deigo my finger got slammed in the bathroom door, and I screamed really really loud, fell on the floor and was crying, it hurt so bad(I got 8 stitches), and My neighbor called the cops, guess she thought my husband and I were having a blow out, when it really was nothing like that at all, and the cops ended up giving us a ride to the er, it was such a freaky accident and for the neighbor to call the police for a domestic was such a case of wrong way to have handled that, but my neighbor was really different.

Is there any proof that he was ever arrested for spousal abuse? Has anyone shown any proof that he has any felony's on his record?

Most of the talk of his "arrest record" is speculation with little proof to back it up with. Dick seems like he was a hellraiser in his youth (and probably well into his adulthood) so I wouldn't be shocked if he has been arrested for DUI, bar fights, public drunkenness, etc. I know someone who covered all that in college, and he's now an upstanding member of society with a State job.

But my question was -- assuming the record is valid (including the spousal abuse, etc.), would it change anything for some of you? Or would you still be in the Dick fan club, supporting him 100%?

Edit to add: the record in question states: spousal abuse; traumatic injury

But the fact is that we dont know what really happend, and we probably never will. So why not let it go, it obviously didnt bother CBS, why let it bother us? I still support him - Go Dick!!

These "alleged" serious charges took place over 10 years ago.

Looks like he did have some problems but has moved on since then.

No, he won't make Amber's "Good People" list, and while I don't condone what he may have done in the past, his gameplay in BB8 was far better than anyone else's although the methods may have been somewhat maddening to some viewers and the other houseguests.

Archived