Power Of 10 featuring Amber & Daniele

LLMVT

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found myself feeling bad for her that she didn't get the 100 thousand and had to bounce all the way back to a single grand. I'm not an Amber fan, but was definitely rooting for her in this context.

I thought Amber looked nice. I wish she could have won at

least $10,000.00 cos' I think she could use it. I really thought

that Dani would be the one playing though. JMHO :pixiedust:

Jem...Play by the rules we all have to. Many times we want to post stuff but don' :footballhelmet: t wanna sift and sort through a weeks worth of posts to see if our topic is new.................. :party_smilie:

I was actually kinda thrown becuase I did my best to avoid any info regarding who actually played and only picked up stuff through posts that did not have a "spoiler" warning. Due to what I gathered through the past few days, I actually thought Dani was the one who played and I was happy about that. I thought it would be cool for her to win a million, go back, end up in the final 2, either win another 500K or lose. Either way, she would turn and look at her dad and say....you will see none of it. Go f*** Vincent up, I am done with you. Seeing Evil Dads face face would have been priceless and something to look forward to. But, unfortunately, it was not to be.

I thought Amber looked very nice, and acted like the Amber we all know. I actually was rooting for her to win more, but knew as soon as I heard that BB was telling the HG's they could see the show that no one won anyting worth mentioning. They couldn;t taint the game if someone won more than 10K.

I happen to like the "Power of 10" show and actually got Ambers final question on the nose. Maybe I will end up on that one hheheheheh

Me? Thinking the same as America? Say it isn;t so. :)

Was a fun crossover and harmless.

Dep

I am not an Amber fan, and am so tired of seeing/hearing her on BB, but was seriously rooting for her on this game. I think she was much more deserving of winning money than Dani, and it would have been nice for her to take some home to her daughter. I think she kind of got screwed though, as these questions seemed to be harder than some that other contestants have gotten. Of course that is just my oppinion and not worth much.

So I am a bit confused, and I am hoping some of you can clear this up for me. On tonight's episode we got to see the HG's watching the part of Power of 10 (mixed with what looked like some of last week's episode), but now it says they are planning to watch it tonight (8/28). Are they going to show them the whole episode instead of part? I don't get it.

Please don't scrutinize me over this. Although, I have no idea what that means... :lol2:

Did anyone else feel that Dick looked angry that Amber took that opportunity away from Daniele. I know he said that Amber did well, or whatever he said, but I thought he looked irritated. And of course Daniele was over there crying about Nick, and we know she went to bed basically the whole night because of it.

Nothing unusual with him being pissed that his daughter didn't get a chance at 10 million. I would feel the same if my daughter was in that position, especially if she got destroyed like she did by Amber of all people.

btw--no more terms of endearment for you, I got my wrist slapped last time I complimented you. ;-)

:offtopic:

Ok, I read a lot of comments about pit bull terriers being 'vicious animals' and it's one of my biggest pet peeves!! So I am about to unleash a bit of a rant.

I am a veterinary technician and I've worked immediately with veterinarians for over 18 years. I think I know what I am talking about when I say this.

Pit bull terriers are not inherently vicious. It completely is related to how they are treated, especially when they're puppies. (as with any breed.)

Even a 'nice' dog can be abused into becoming aggressive.

Make no mistake about it. IT IS ABUSE to deliberately mistreat an animal until they lash back. Be it a dog or a bunny rabbit. Any animal will lash out if provoked enough.

The media loves to demonize dogs. In the 70's the demon dog was the Doberman. Through out the 80's to the present it has been pit bulls and Rottweilers.

The true irony of this is that both of these breeds are historically excellent with children. The pit bull terrier was even entrusted in nurserys with babies as they are fiercely protective. And known to protect the infant from rats or anything that might hurt the baby.

And many people don't know it. But the dog "Petey" on "The little rascals" tv show from the 30's and 40s was a pitt bull terrier.

Both breeds have been impacted due to inbreeding and ignorant people.

That is true of any 'pure bred' dog. Which is an oxymoron if you think about it, a 'pure bred' is just a dog that has been bred with like dogs or 'breeds' with the specific intention that the dogs have certain identifiable traits and features. Which basically means they are quite easily inbred.

The real shocker is if you check out the statistics. Cocker Spaniels, Toy poodles and chihuahuas bite more than other dogs. So often that some people are having problems getting home owner's insurance because they have one of these breeds as a pet. In fact, all the years I've worked with dogs...and in my work I am drawing blood, giving injections, and doing lots of things to dogs that they don't like or understand, All the bites I've received so far have been from a cocker spaniels, Maltese, a dachshund, and several chihuahuas. (IMO the littler ones tend to be neurotic and nippy.)

Right after the film 101 Dalmatians came out there was a huge demand for Dalmatian dogs. All of the sudden they were 'trendy.'

As per normal, breeders were all too happy to breed Dalmatians with wreck less abandon to meet popular demand.

The result....instances of bites from Dalmatian dogs skyrocketed.

And we began seeing Dalmatian dogs with genetic defects. (Particularly neurological.)

Poor pit bulls. They're such a very sweet, intelligent breed of dog. They are easily trained to accomplish many things. Perhaps the real problem with the pit bull is that they can be trained so quickly and easily.

If you want them to be vicious killers, they will happily oblige. As they happily oblige in what ever you want to train them to do.

In my opinion, the real vicious killers are humans. We are the ones who force these animals to breed in unnatural ways that can cause them to be defective. And we are the ones that taunt and mercilessly abuse animals to suit our own wants and desires. Be that vicious or well intentioned.

It may sounds ludicrous to some of you. But it's sadly true.

If you want a really nice dog, Your best bet is to get a mutt. Get an ugly or cute little mutt as a puppy and treat it with a lot of love and kind discipline. For dogs do need discipline in order to become well behaved dogs, But there is a difference between discipline and abuse and I think a lot of people don't understand that concept.

Crustylogholes

I liked what you wrote about pit bulls and other breeds. I was attacked on a bike when I was younger by a german shepard. It was a retired police k-9. For some reason, my bike startled the dog and it came after the bike, not me (I just happen to be on it). I was afraid of big dogs for a long time after that. A few years later I was at a friends house laying down watching tv, the chow was laying next to me, I moved my arm and the dog woke up and bit my arm and I had to have a couple of stitches. The dog had to be quartined and I felt awful, it just had to be lonely. I work closely with Vets, HS or ASPC, and Wildlife Rescue, to foster parent babies. I have received puppies and kittens that have been thrown in dumpsters, left outside an office or dumpster with the tempature being below freezing, or animals that have just been dropped off somewhere. I can't save all of them, but if they die, they died with a "mommy" and not alone. It's not an animals fault, it's the humans. Just like racism, prejudices and other traits are taught to kids, dogs learn the behavior they are rewarded for.

:clap: excellent post, crusty! I totally agree...and the cutest, but meanest dog I ever owned was a cocker spaniel. He was so loyal to my family, that any person (he especially didn't like children) who came within 3 feet of us would get attacked! Now, just so I don't get flamed- I'm sure there are some very nice loving cockers out there, this was just my personal experience. On the other hand, the best dogs we've owned (and still do!) are boxers. GREAT dogs!

Anyway, I guess I'm steering the topic off-course so I better steer it back...

...I wouldn't want people to scrutinize me. Now if I only knew what that meant... :P

Crusty, my pit bull Thumper thanks you for your post. The most vicious I've ever seen him was when I was home alone when Niko was a baby. a stranger came to our front door and tried to get in. Thumper turned into a totally different animal (to which I'm thankful). But then there was that time my father in law left a brisket on the coffee table. Thumper's eyes just kind of glazed over as he just stared at it with Jedi like intensity. Oh well...

I think Dick was mad at Danielle's nick reaction. He's stated a few times he's frustrated with the fact that Nick was booted a month ago and is still screwing up her game.

Amber only missed the last qu because she didn't think there were as many ignorant people in the US as there are. Over half of America thinks pit bulls should be illegal according to the p of 10 poll. Between owning several pit bulls herself and not knowing about the whole Michael Vick thing ("I like Michael Vick") her not thinking the number would be higher than her guess actually is not that out of line.

I have known some very sweet pit bulls in my days, but I have to say I was so sad to find out that it was a pit bull that kill our little Yorkie... Now before I get jumped on here, let me say that I was sad to lose Duncan for any reason, but much sadder because it was a pit bull that did it, because of the reputation of the breed... It's not their fault someone trains them to be vicious... For many years I breed Chinese Shar Pei and I always got that same old question, why do you want a breed that was bred for fighting? If only people would look into the breed they would know that they were not bred for fighting, in fact the Chinese believed that the Shar Pei was a reincarnated emperor...

Archived