Power Of 10 featuring Amber & Daniele

LLMVT

Greedy Chinese businessmen tried to kill my Yorkie, but my vet saved her in time. She's going to die before her time because her kidneys will never be like they were before she ate their crap food additive and she'll be on meds and a special diet for the rest of her shortened life - so Yana, my heart knows what yours feels.

The food that almost killed my Yorkie was a so-called premium food for which I paid a premium price. I don't eat meat imported from third world countries and wouldn't have fed her dog food from there any more than you would have let your Yorkie play with one of Michael Vick's dogs. Still, here we are suffering the consequences of someone else's irresponsibility.

It's hard to listen to one's head when one's heart is screaming with pain. I don't buy ANYTHING made in China anymore and I've written my Congresswoman asking that the country of origin for ALL ingredients, components, etc. be listed on labels, not just where the American firm that owns the company is headquartered. While I know intellectually that most things from China are probably safe, I have trouble getting the image of my dog, soooo sick and lifeless, wasting away before my eyes down to 3.1 pounds.

With everything here pretty much made in China now, that image comes up a lot when I'm shopping. Seeing "Product of China," on a food label in the grocery store makes me feel just about as it would if there were a picture of one of those ugly-assed rats from the last POV comp on the label. People probably think I'm nuts when I make the Yuk face and toss it back onto the shelf.

Maybe a good question for Power of 10 would be "How many people won't buy anything made in China?"

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived