Cbs Should Kick Dick Out

lc1166

The only thing Dick said about Amber's daughter is the "she must be a mess". She very well may be a mess having a drug addict, bigoted, emotional trainwreck for a mother. It was a jab at Amber not her daughter. Frankly, after seeing Amber for all these weeks I have to admit that the same thought has run through my head.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe how people defend people no matter what. I think people should look at the situation from a cause and effect perspective. How many people believe Eric or any of the HG would have said those things about Dick if Dick acted like most HG and treated everyone with respect? How many times would Jameka have called his mother or daughter a "B"? Now how many people think Dick would have said the things he said if no one had attacked him? Hmmm, that's a tough one. Let me go back find all the footage showing people attacking and intimidated Dick and scarely the hell out him. I can't find any because everyone was to scare to say anything to him for the first few weeks. But as I see it, pretty much all the other house guess made their comments after Dick attacked them. The only way to avoid a Dick attack is to do exactly as he says and hope you don't trip up. He terrorized Jen for weeks. She would basically stand there and not say anything to provoke him and that didn't lessen the attacks. Everybody in the house saw this, so they know the only chance you have is to try to come back and hit where it hurts. The attacks on Jen only ended when Dick decided he needed her vote. If by chance he stays in the house and gets in a situation where her vote is not needed, I bet he will start attacking her again and he will make up for lost time. If people want to cheer for him that's fine, but to say everybody is as guilty as he is, is absolutely ridiculous.

Whoa, hang on there. Yana has proven herself to be civilized in every way. Please reread what Yana posted. She was NOT defending Dick's behavior nor was she comparing what Jameka did with what Dick did. The way I read it was that she wanted some people here to get off their high horse. It is indeed a "Do as I say, not as I do" situation when the Dickhaters were jumping all over Dick's over the top behavior while at the same time glossing over reprehensible actions on the part of the LNC. Just because what they did pales in comparison to what Dick did doesn't make it any less of a wrong.

I agree with her post (which knocked this topic out of the park IMHO). Can you honestly say that in any prior season that a HG accusing a second houseguest of molesting their daughter or called their mother a bitch would have been tolerated the way it had been here? My God, April called America a piece of shit to console Evilette who was crying when Janie was America's Choice and this board went ballistic. I can think of several more examples but this thread is devoted to whether Dick should be DOR.

Everything that's happened this season is because of Dick's over the top bullying. Kail even said on Friday that Dick's volatility intimidated her from being her usual crazy self because she never knew what might trigger a tirade. Dick's leaving may prove us right and make the rest of the season Snoresville, or we might get lucky enough to see the house entertain us in a whole new way and prove Kail right. Either way, what Dick was doing, entertaining or not, is illegal and CBS should have put the law before ratings. Even though I was glued to my computer screen watching his American Psycho act yesterday morning, I hope someone in Burbank PD's Domestic Violence unit was watching too and arrests his ass when he walks out the door.

I totally disagree...yes, she's defending his behavior because if you never admit that he has done wrong they you're defending him as others do.

As for "high horses"...judging other poster because they post their opinions is not right. For that matter, we're all on high horses.

And I'll say this and take it one step further...those newbies who post anti-dick posts don't get the same welcome as those who agree with every poster on the board who defends dick. I've watched the receptions for newbies that don't agree and there's no welcome aboard for them. Talk about high horses.

Yana, are you really comparing Jameka calling Dick's mother a b@tch, to everything that Dick said about an 8 year old's relationship with her mother? And I am not defending anyone in that house, believe me when I say I am not a fan of Jameka or Amber, but don't forget all of the repulsive things Dick called Jameka before she said that. I am astounded that any civilized person would defend Dick's abusive behavior and constantly call up Jameka's behaviour as an excuse.

I wasn't comparing anything that anyone in that house does to anything any of the others in that house have done...

My whole point was that people here on this board try to force Dick fans into admitting he's the most horrid person to ever walk the face of this earth...

Not one person in that house is perfect... Yes Dick has said some VERY reprehensible things that should never have been uttered, but my whole point is, me being a Dick fan can admit that he has done that... I am not in ANY way trying to defend him, by saying oh that's just Dick... I usually start off my posts about Dick with I am still a Dick fan, but, and then I go on to say that I think what he just said or did was going too far... I haven't once seen a fan of "the other side" say that their group was wrong with something they did or said... Ginger is the only exception... She is fair about all of them... I mean I asked one of them that was crying that Dick needed to be removed from the house because of some remark he made about sequester, if Dustin then shouldn't be removed also because he made the statement and swore to God that when the time came for Daniele to leave, he was going to wait until she was almost out the door (meaning that when she had her bags and was walking away with her back to him) he was going to kick her in the ass and say something along the lines of you deserve it bitch, and they told me "oh he didn't mean that"... My whole point is, if one group is going to be chastised for it then the other should too...

I think at this point the only one I haven't heard saying really nasty and horrible things about the "other side" is Zach...

All I was trying to say in my post is, I for one will admit that most everything Dick has said in that house to "the other side" was uncalled for and downright nasty, but the "other sides" fans need to be able to do the same thing...

I totally disagree...yes, she's defending his behavior because if you never admit that he has done wrong they you're defending him as others do.

Ginger I don't defend Dick's actions... If you read my posts most of the time I am the first to say he's so very wrong for what he is doing... This is what I am talking about... People see that we are Dick fans and jump on us without even reading our posts...

Starting off I never defended Dick about the things he did or said to Jen... I never said she deserved it, but still I get jumped on and people assume I am defending him...

I guess my best course of action at this point would to be sit in the corner and never admit I am a Dick fan, but still that doesn't mean I defend or justify his actions...

i agree yana, it just bothers me if someone is a fan of dick's (most people anyway), he can do no wrong and its ok just because he says it in their face and if someone is a jameka or amber fan, they wereonly defending themselves and didn't do anything wrong.

if you consider what pretty much everyone in the house does, talking about people and being mean, nasty and uncalled for, then they are all at fault (except i dont really remember zach or jess talking that bad about people) and no one has broken the rules so IMO NO ONE should be kicked out.

My mother is 78 yrs young. She has been a christian her whole life. She went to a Methodist college, married my father who was a minister. She has been involved in the church her entire life. She's been watching BB since BB6. I asked her today who her favorite HG(s) is(are). She said Dick. She said exactly what I feel. He isn't perfect. He's far from it. None of them are. But she appreciates how he speaks what he feels. She appreciates, that however twisted things may be, his love for his daughter is #1 for him. She is like me, in feeling that the turd herd make my 12 yr old niece look more mature than they are.

I am a Dick fan and proud of it! I won't change how I feel unless I choose to. Nobody here can make me feel otherwise. Just like I wouldn't expect people who aren't Dick fans to become one just because of something I or any other Dick fans says.

Yana, with all due respect you keep saying you can't admit to being a Dick fan, but it's the non-dick fans that are taking the heat on this board because they are the minority.

It's neither here nor there...My point is I was on the board the night with the tirade on Jen and posters (mostly women) thought he did/said nothing wrong. I heard comments about how boring it would be without him and how entertaining he was.

Well, by those standards shouldn't Eric, Dustin and Amber be just as entertaining. If sayin nasty things and fueling fires is entertainment, then they are all entertaining. No one can pick and choose the "they are only words" to suit what they deem entertainment or not.

My other point is all those things that everyone thought were terrible, such as racist remarks, gay remarks, religious remarks are only terrible if the non-flavor of the week hated player is saying them. Again, are those posters picking and choosing what deragatory remark should be labeled horrendous.

It just seems so hypocritical, that's all.

Wow.......I just signed on but after reading what's been going on, I'll add my 2 cents :animated_bouncy:

IMO, people "stick up" for dick because he's entertaining............ if the other HG's felt as persecuted as some of the people who write about dick, if they all got together and marched into the DR at any point to complain, I'm sure CBS would have done something.

What amazes me is that as crazy as dick's been, the HGs were talking about keeping him around, again, for strategy.

This is a game........they all signed the contract.......they all knew the "rules" or lack of rules, before they started this.

They are all adults, no one is chained to the house.........and, please, someone explain what he's going to get arrested for? Making loud noises with pots & pans? Calling names? Taking peple's things to another room? Most of what he's done is mild compared to the pranks at some fraternity houses..........maybe, pouring the tea could be construed as something, but Jen wasn't half as upset as most of the people who wrote about it.

CBS is not removing dick because no matter how many times people keep saying it, truth is he hasn't done anything to get himself removed.

He could be truthful and in your face and say what he means with out attacking and trying to intimidate the other HG. When the other house guess says something that Dick doesn't like or agree with, it's an immediate personal attack.

Again I will say that I don't agree with Dick's tactics... I am a fan, but being a fan doesn't mean you think what he does is ok...

I hate when I am lumped into a group of people and no matter what I do or say I can't get people to understand that we aren't all the same...

I like Dick because I can see a side to him others don't see...

It's not that like him because of his crass and rude behaviour...

I am entitled to like who I like without having to defend MYSELF for liking them and that's what I feel I am having to do around here...

Most of what he's done

Most, being the operative word here. But not all.

I personally know, and have also witnessed, verbal assaults on people, just like the kind that ED has engaged in, that have landed people in cop cars, and carried away.

I know people who have called the cops on their partner, when that partner has verbally assaulted them, the way ED does it in the BB house. It's verbal battery, and disturbing the peace.

In the BB house though, those rules don't apply. But in the real world, they would.

Someone pointed out up thread that the Springer show in Chicago, had to convince authorities there, that all the brawling on the show was fake, otherwise it broke Chicago law. They did, and Springer goes on.

It's likely, that CBS uses the same legal basis for what ALL of the HG's do. Or what they might do. Which gives the network wide latitude in what they deem acceptable behavior by the HG's.

Ultimately, it's a game. Kind of like Rollerball, only less bloody!!

Remember JUN who won all the marbles a couple years ago? She referred to the 7-year-old daughter of Robert as "the little bitch". So there's nothing new about defaming another hg's relatives.

This thread amazes me . . it just keeps on giving.

Even the title, CBS Should Throw Dick Out -

not Should CBS Throw Dick Out? Why wasn't it phrased in the form of a question, which would have invited legitimate debate. The title itself, as it appears, is inflammatory. One post actually said that this is Dick's thread, and solely about him, so people should stop bringing up other hg's faults.

In other words, "this thread is only for Dick-bashers, all others keep out!!!!" Geesh! If that were the rule, we would not be allowed to mention Eric in Jameka's thread, Dustin in Dick's thread, etc. right down the line. How boring would the forum be!!

Emotions are running very high here - too high in my opinion. Final thought: someone said Dick will be arrested when he steps out the door. Puleez! Nobody is going to arrest him. This is all about a tv show - a bit of fluff to relieve the summer doldrums.

Do we really have to work ourselves into a dither?

jmo.

Wow..........I've witnessed some unbelievable verbal abuse (I work with troubled teens) and I never heard of "verbal battery"............"disturbing the peace", yes but I'm not sure how that would apply in this situation..........and in order to make a complaint of "domestic abuse" here, there has to be something physical that happens.............maybe our police are just too busy to get involved in yelling matches :animated_scratchchin:

Anyway, I'll say it once again, he must have not broken CBS's contract............or I'm sure they'd have pulled him.

Legal schmegal! Those who think Dick should be arrested for what he has said IN the BB house have their reality and television wires crossed. Whether you like Dick (or any houseguest for that matter) or not, whether you think he is over-the-top or not, just remember that BB is an ENTERTAINMENT show.

The people selected for the show are there because CBS knows that there will be conflict. If all the houseguests got along like it was "Little House On The Prairie" it would be a pretty boring show. Oh well, just my opinion. :lookaround:

well, if there will be cops waiting for Dick outside of the BB house for him... we better start watching for the internet police outside of the BB forums cause i have seen some nasty things posted here that have made my eyes almost pop out.

this thread is 23 pages long.... but still just a bunch of hate. the time has passed for CBS to kick him out. shouldnt this thread be passed too?

Anyone else notice the julie chen mistate during the HOH competition? she messed it up and the outcome should have been different! that mean't questions were now in a different order and just changed the questions with specific contestants. Totally unfair and they should have re-done the competition, to be fair, to ALL in the house

:animated_bouncy: you are so right, fiz.......

I've only been reading these posts for a couple of days but it has blown me away at how angry some posts are...........you'd think dick killed their dog or something...........I can't wait 'till the CBS party after the show, when the HGs are all huggy, kissy

:grouphug::grouphug:

Archived