Cbs Should Kick Dick Out

lc1166

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep.

While there is a thin thread where the tea is concerned, from what I read, it wouldn't be classified as 'assault', because there was no intent to cause bodily injury. Nor any inferred by his actions. Which is why 'touching' another contestant is a big no-no on games like this. Touching might be considered an inferrence to cause injury.

And besides, they sign waivers for all of this. They know what they are getting into. Eyes wide open.

One thing that seems to come up a lot here though, is that game shows like this don't 'let' the contestants break the law. Of course they don't! But, it has happened, that guy with the knife on an earlier BB, he got the boot. He used an object, where intent could have been inferred. The guy on Top Chef got the boot, because he used a full nelson on one of the other Chefs. On camera. He could have broken the guys neck.

But, no, ED hasn't crossed the legal line. He's just playing the game.

Should Dick be kicked out????? WHY????

Domestic Violence?? I volunteered with the police dept on a domestic abuse response team & the people that wanted help were @ the police dept or shelter NOT in the BB house!!

This is a reality show!! If the guests were that threatened by Dick... they'd leave themselves! The door swings both ways!

Whats next??

Should Fox get rid of Chef Ramsey on Hells Kitchen???? Have you ever listened to him scream, call the players names, which have to be bleeped out & if I remember correctly he even pushed 1 out of the kitchen while he called him some horrible things!

Instead of getting rid of him, they brought the show back for a 2nd season!

"Dick at night" just might turn into a spin off.

Is he over the top, yes but if he leaves....the show will STINK!!!!!!

It seems to me that things must be different in the confines of a reality tv game show.........that they must have been given the leeway, during the show, to say and do whatever they think will help them to win as long as it's not against the BB rules...........they obviously must sign releases and give up their rights to sue or file legal complaints or whatever in exchange for a chance to win the $$$$$$$...........they are all consenting adults............. I wouldn't do it for any amount of money but this is the choice they made.............and they knew the rules or lack of, going in.

IMO, CBS has done the world a great service........by putting dick in the house, they have allowed a ton of people to release their pent up anger on him........personally, I'm happy because that's a lot less anger being spread around in the real world on real people!

If Dick leaves it will be such a snooze fest that the ratings will tank. It's in the best interest of CBS to keep Dick around for a few more weeks.

And I don't think screaming at someone constitutes a threat of bodily harm. Unless he were screaming "I'm going to shoot you in the face!" or something like that.

Calling people horrible names and swearing has never drawn blood. So I don't see how it could be misconstrued as domestic violence.

And frankly, I don't care to hear anecdotal instances about how ~so and so got arrested for flinging a booger~ or what ever, It's no secret that cops in California make MAJOR mistakes with their over zealous arrests.

I will add my two cents agn. No they shouldnt kick Dick out. I am not saying the things that Dick says is right but illegal. Domestic Violence????? Give me a break. If CBS was really worried about him then they would take him out to keep from having any lawsuits.

Cant we just agree to disagree on this subject?

I don't know why anyone of them just talk to Danielle...in front of him...totally make him sound like the white trash DEAD BEAT Dad he is....and how he's taking her down with him ... just keep going on and on and on....and then he'd be like " get away from my daughter...don't talk shitake to her..." omg that would totally boil his blood...then they could say " you touch me anywhere and you're gone".......he's psychotic enough that he'd swing at one of them or grab or something...then bye bye Dick...no sequester, no stipend :)

this game has been played for 7 years without someone like him...he's totally brought the bar down...

uhhh earth to BB fans :animated_shocking: earth to BB fans :animated_shocking:

the houseguest themselves were targeting Daniele this week. had they really been afraid of dick, and afraid that he might do something to them.... and thought if CBS wouldnt do anything about it, they would have targeted HIM for eviction.

I dunno... I think given his horrible and abusive behavior, CBS *should* kick him out. But *realistically* they are not going to, because he is just too good for ratings to pass up. I personally don't care for him, or his antics, and tend to just tune him out, just as I tune out the other annoying HGs when they are acting badly.

This means I am tuning out more often than not anymore. It's sad, really, because I think this season is really turning out to be one of the worst as far as caliber of people go.

And Yana...

Ginger is the only exception... She is fair about all of them...

I don't necessarily think this is a true or fair statement. ;) There are lots of people that don't like any of them and are happy to be equal opportunity criticizers. I just have kept my statements mostly on topic to Dick since this is about booting Dick. Just saying...

Unless he physically attacks someone I think it's clear CBS is going to let his behavior slide. Unfortunately, at this point if they decided to deal with Dick, they would also have to deal with all the hate comments that have spewed from Amber's mouth. First the Jews and last night the mentally challenged. If they do that they might as well cancel the rest of the season. What a sad cast they got this year. So as much as I'd like to see Dick held accountable for his disgusting, bullying behavior, I don't see it happening at this point.

Remember JUN who won all the marbles a couple years ago? She referred to the 7-year-old daughter of Robert as "the little bitch". So there's nothing new about defaming another hg's relatives.
No one said it was new - what's new is that people on this board are minimizing and even excusing that behavior because of Dick's behavior. btw: It was Erika who said that and she didn't win.

Legal schmegal! Those who think Dick should be arrested for what he has said IN the BB house have their reality and television wires crossed. Whether you like Dick (or any houseguest for that matter) or not, whether you think he is over-the-top or not, just remember that BB is an ENTERTAINMENT show.
Using that logic, committing a real murder on TV would be okay so long as it's entertaining. I'M the one who suggested he be arrested - because it would be ENTERTAINING!!!!!! It happens on The Real World pretty regularly and I don't consider their producers as blurring reality and TV when they air their HGs getting arrested on a regular basis for things like yelling @ people while drunk, for pissing in public, for throwing a drink at someone, and most noteably, a girl scratching a big buff Marine.

Wow..........I've witnessed some unbelievable verbal abuse (I work with troubled teens) and I never heard of "verbal battery"............"disturbing the peace", yes but I'm not sure how that would apply in this situation..........and in order to make a complaint of "domestic abuse" here, there has to be something physical that happens.............maybe our police are just too busy to get involved in yelling matches
You must have missed the first posts on this topic. In many states, including my state (AZ) and apparently also where Yana's son lives, there does not have to be a physical assault. And technically, dumping iced tea on someone is physical assault. Z posted the California Penal Code on this and Dick clearly has violated the law enough for an ARREST but probably not for a CONVICTION. Even so, CBS is keeping him because he's good for ratings, period!

OH gosh.............do we have to review the laws again..........the only thing that matters here is what CBS will allow........we have no idea what rights they willingly threw away to try to get the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Someone actually spit in the face of someone else on another show..........I didn't see the cops take them out in handcuffs.

(not that I condone it ) I'm just sayin

There is NO way CBS can legally ask people to sign away the law. They sign waivers for civil rights - so they can't sue later because they didn't win or can't get a job because of what CBS showed, etc. Domestic violence is a CRIMINAL act, and only the Governor or President can exempt people from obeying criminal statutes.

That being said, the "Governornator" is an actor and California depends heavily on the entertainment industry so any REAL chance of an arrest is not bloody likely. I still think it would be good TV, which was my point - not that he SHOULD be arrested, but that he COULD be arrested and that it would make ratings history.

I'm thinking that either the cops in California don't watch OR they figured out it's just a reality game show!.............since they haven't shown

One of my friends a police officer watches the show. Mostly his wife does. He used to come to Morty's for updates and we would talk about the show. I know his wife was a member of Morty's but never asked what her screen name is.

He retired on medical and I wonder if he and his wife are here at Morty's. hummmm

It happens on The Real World pretty regularly and I don't consider their producers as blurring reality and TV when they air their HGs getting arrested on a regular basis for things like yelling @ people while drunk, for pissing in public, for throwing a drink at someone, and most noteably, a girl scratching a big buff Marine.

while this is true of the show "The Real World"... the arrest happen when the housemates are out of the house.. and in puplic... BUT.... the producers have never kicked someone off the show due to an arrest. HOWEVER, they have kicked people off the show for things that have happened IN the house.

so BB is very different because the houseguest dont leave the house and get drunk and piss in the streets and cause a ruckus and get arrested. cause if The Real World show was like BB and they werent allowed to leave their houses, none of them would have ever been arrested either.

so BB is very different because the houseguest dont leave the house and get drunk and piss in the streets and cause a ruckus and get arrested. cause if The Real World show was like BB and they werent allowed to leave their houses, none of them would have ever been arrested either.
Tyree was arrested in their yard. The cops had come because he was screaming @ his girlfriend inside the house. While the cops were talking to him about that, he drained his lizard and got arrested.

What would happen if BB allowed Dick to continue messing with the food only to find out that Jameka or Dustin was allergic to something he added?? THEN would they tell him to stop?

It's interesting that the people that I talk to who 'only' watch the broadcasts seem to overall love Dick's antics and tactics and the people that I talk to who. in addition, watch the feeds and after dark are getting fed up with his behavior.

So would it be okay for the HG's to dump all of the slop and protien shakes so Danile and Dick can't have any?? Maybe save a few packets for Dustin the the HOH room? would that be fair? Would that be an issue for BB to get involved?

Or because BB's precious Dick would be hurt in it, BB would have to come in.

Tyree was arrested in their yard. The cops had come because he was screaming @ his girlfriend inside the house. While the cops were talking to him about that, he drained his lizard and got arrested.

well, technically the police came when the arguing was outside... and not within the house. the girlfriend was in fact outside of the fenced area and not on the property of the house. then when Tyree "drained is lizard" that too was done outside of the fenced area.... out on the sidewalk. he was then arrested. he was not in their yard. he was out in the public area on the sidewalk.

Archived