Jameka Week 6

CeCiMom

Boy I just read this thread and all kinds of stuff that was merely mentioned in this thread got attributed to Jameka and she never said them. But as far "tasting god", if you are catholic, do you not "eat the flesh of jesus and drink his blood" during communion?

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we do communion too.( i'm a lapsed methodist). but the way i was taught, the body of christ was not sexual. it is the cup and bread of everlasting life. "take this all of you and drink...) etc. i don't mean to diss on jameka's faith, either. i'm not judging anyone. it's just interesting to me, her interpretations and then the translations into "amber".

when amber asked jameka "what does superficial mean?" the first thing jameka said was "you know, those people that buy designer label clothing, makeup.."

usually jameka is ok at defining things.. but wow...

No, I didn't think you were dissing, but I just learned something new. I knew that Episcopelians (sp) were the closest in religion to Catholics and I wasn't even sure they receive communion...I knew they believed in saints.

I didn't know if other Protestant religions had communion. Sorry, if I might sound ignorant to this, but religions are not my most knowledgeable topic.

I was raised Baptist and we did communion...it was called "the Lord's supper" though.Being Baptists of course no wine was involved. Grape juice and unleven bread.Any one that felt they weren't "right with god" at that particular time would refuse to partake.(I haven't practiced an organized religion for many years.)

Really fizzle, I was thinking the same thing.I would have said, "Someone that only cares about appearances or material things, someone without any depth."Now Amber will think anyone in a designer outfit (if she ever sees any) will say, "Superficial." Haha!

ours was the same. not called the lord's supper...called communion, but you had to decide within your soul if you worthy to partake that week. we didn't have wine, either. i remember being a kid, and all i could think of was how nasty the cup looked after it got smeared with a bunch of lipstick before me! not a very christian thought! they would wipe it off in between, but it was still all smeared.

ps...LOL.....nurse amber will wear only superficial nursing shoes! they rock!

We didn't use one cup. There were silver servers specifically designed for the Lord's supper. One consisted of stackable silver trays that contained tiny glass cups...just big enough for a swallow. The other contained the bread. The deacons of the church stood at the front as each person filed through to get their cup and bread. After getting it a circle was formed, everyone would drink and eat together. Then sing hymns as everyone quietly left.

(I'm not bashing as I was raised this way, but even then I always felt creepy with the whole circle-singing-quietly leaving scenario.)

i don't do anything with that endtimes stuff. it scares the **** out of me. i work with a girl who's pastor predicts(over and over again!) the actual day of endtimes. then it doesn't happen, and he changes it...and she keeps believing him! she doesn't buy her son new sneakers because she says "this is endtimes anyway"

ps...i just read that, arrowhead. it seems to be an INTERESTING translation, to say the least. i wouldn't have interpreted those bible passages that way at all.thanks for providing it. it sure does seem to mirror jameka's way of thinking/praying.

As much as I try to kep away from religious radicals, I don't have a problem Jameka's "tasting God" moments or even Amber's "God told me where the slop passes were." To put it mildly, saying that God told her, is the same thing as a psychic saying they had a vision or a cop a=having a "gut feeling". It's just an inkling you have and even if you're wrong, you think, "Oh...I knew that" even if there is no way you would have know. Trust me, I did a lot of praying and "I knew that"s taking college and state exams.

What I don't understand is when someone comes into this game carrying a Bible, why do people assume or hold them up to be a Ned Flanders?

For all we know, jameka can be a Unitarian or Universalist, either of which allow material possessions, desires and cuss words, just as long as you accept JC as your personal savior and really try to be a good person.

BTW - has Jameka said which Christian she is?

i never said jameka was catholic. she said she was non-denominational. i am baptist and we take communion. Maybe Jameka wasn't speaking literally of tasting god the same as so many people in this thread talked about not taking the bible literally. And if you are young and belong to one of the newer churches that have gospel rap and stuff, god may be "gansta". We should realize that to younger folks, "gangsta" doesn't always mean bad. She may have meant in her own way, that her "god" was stronger and could defeat all other powers. I am Baptist, so it all sounds like non-sense to me but that's her beliefs and I am not judging her on them. I am sure thier are other religions that think eating the flesh of the savior is about the stupidest thing they ever heard.

We use "gansta" around here all the time. "What's up, gangsta" type way. And that is a good point about the new churches being much different.

i dont know... i have a hard time believing any church would be referring to god as gangsta.... and lets not forget her following that up with "F**k the devil"

what church says that?

::::::::::shakes head::::::::::::

i gotta stop poking around in churches.. i am afraid what i might find.

fizzle I keep thinking of that great movie called Saved about kids in a christian school and the pastor was trying to be cool and saying things like "Who's down with the g-o-d" with dance music playing...haha.

I can picture the guy in the movie saying, "God's our number one gangsta!" lol.

The reason the POV is taking so long is that God came down into the BY for a one/one conference with Jameka (he stopped all of the action so no one else could see)and now, she has to tell amber and explain God's word........... word for word

:animated_rotfl::animated_rotfl:

Archived