Jen Week 2 (hoh)

CeCiMom

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see Joe go. He is annoying, but then Amber annoys me too, maybe I'm just a cynic this year, who knows,lol

Nick just revealed why Jen put him on the block and in my eyes she's lost a lot of respect.

Apparently Jen said before she went into the little bed bedroom yesterday that if Nick was on Dani's bed he was going on the block. Well she went in, Nick was sitting on Daniele's bed and that's when Jen went upstairs and announced she was putting Nick on the block.

Here I was giving her props for having strategy and all she has is an irrational hatred of the blonde. What a psycho, I hope Nick rides her dumbass all the way to the win.

She hasn't put anyone up yet other than Daniele and Dick... Nick seems to have talked her out of putting him up and she has told Dick that she now wants him to stay and she is putting up someone that will not have the votes to stay against him... Spec is she will be putting up Joe or Zach... I heard him tell Daniele about that too though and thought wow what a stuipd thing to say...

It's ok... We all make those mistakes... I think it was stupid for her to tell anyone that... I mean what a reason to put someone up... :animated_rotfl:

Well here is what I think is stupid, if Jen did say that to Evil and he believes her, now that would be stupid. it sounds fishy to me, especially if Dick thinks Zach has a chance of going up, she has been adament that she would not put him up (Zach)

Aloha everyone

this is is my first post since last year. so this is what I thought for today....

I was just wondering is it me that Jen is in her own world.

As a mother I have to say I just hope my daughter does not talk like Jen.

I am getting irritated with her voice everytime I see her.

I really hope Dick does not go. I enjoy the drama of Dad and Daughter...

i wonder if jen knows what she looks like to other people? i mean, not just a petty, jealous, stooooopid, narcissistic LOSER, but that she's got NO game at all! if i were her employer, i'd remove her from my children's care IMMEDIATELY!

I believe that Jen does know what people think of her. She has said so on several occasions, including when Evel was griping at her for a solid half hour, telling her what a bad person she is. She said that people have told her before that she is vain and self involved, and she has been trying to get better. Maybe she really is trying? We don't know what people are doing for self help off the show--maybe she has been in counseling or something? Who knows?

I don't like Jen, and I don't dislike her. I appreciate some of her qualities, such as her honesty in most situations. She blurts out the truths to people's faces that others would keep inside or lie about. That's not the best strategy in the house, of course. I don't think she has a chance of winning, anyway, though, so it is entertaining to watch her. I like the fact that she usually doesn't let others tell her what to do. She is playing for herself and I like that aspect of her.

As for the show last night, I didn't think the drinking game was fair at all. It is fair if they listen to her talking to others and drink when she says "I" or "me." However, when they sit there and ask her questions about herself, such as how she plucks her own eyebrows, it is kind of hard for her to answer without saying "I" or "me." It's even difficult to do when you know ahead of time that you aren't supposed to do it. I sat there and tried to think of ways to describe plucking my eyebrows without saying "I" or "my," and I had a hard time, and I knew the "rules" that she doesn't know about, as she is not aware of the drinking game. I also think that Amber talks about herself just as much (if not more) than Jen does, but people like Amber. I'm not sure why that distinction is made.

About the pictures--it tells me that Jen is a very troubled person. To cry over a photograph, and then take down a picture of herself with her Mom (regardless of the reason) says to me that she is troubled and very insecure. She definitely needs help with this aspect in her life.

I think she made the absolute right decision for herself when she put up Dick and Dani. They both would have gone after her in a heartbeat, and they are a related pair who would work together if they needed to in the game, so they should be targets if only for that reason. She would have been stupid not to put Dick up. I think she is very jealous of Dani, and that is part of the reason she put Dani up. But I also think she put her up because she knows Dani would never work with her in the game, and would always be on the other side, plus she is allied with at least two people--Nick and Dick. So, it was a great decision for her own game. I hope she puts up Nick and doesn't listen to everyone else, because it would be smart gameplay and cause a lot of fun drama in the house. And she would be breaking up one of Dani's two alliances that way, guaranteed.

BTW--I think Jen is right about Dani's negative sarcasm, as well. I've heard it over and over. I happen to think it is funny most of the time. But I feel Dani is the type who would never put herself out for another person, and who enjoys making fun of others and laughing at them, so Jen is right about that. Obviously, Dick has been negative to Jen and so she was right about that, too.

Catnip, I'm not sure why the scene with the pictures tells you that Jen is "a very troubled person".

In this situation, what would be the difference between very troubled, and being vain, shallow, self-centered---and how could you tell??

Well, for one thing, I think that any person who actually cries (and cries hard) over a picture of themselves that has bad lighting is not just vain--they are troubled. I feel that it is a sort of insecurity that crosses the line into a disorder like anorexia, where she has no real idea of the way she looks. I'm not a psychologist, although I did take abnormal psych classes for one of my degrees. My husband does have a degree in Psychology, however, and is a therapist, and he agrees that she shows a lot of signs of this disorder. However, she does seem to have a narcissistic personality disorder on top of it. It is probably very uncomfortable for her and makes her feel that she has to check her looks constantly.

Taking down the picture of her Mom could be a result of several problems she might have; however, we can't see into her mind and know the real reason she did it.

She could have real problems with her family and not feel close to them. She did say she wanted pictures of her friends instead of her family, and just one picture of her whole family (which was on another wall) was enough. It is entirely possible that she has family problems and truly doesn't feel close to her Mom, but does feel close to her friends.

She could be so insecure about herself that she feels she is ugly without makeup, as she said. This could be a sort of disorder where she doesn't see her true self, as she was obviously pretty in the photo.

She could genuinely be so vain that she only likes pictures of herself that look like glamour shots. However, in an untroubled person that sort of vanity usually doesn't cause the person to cry the way she did over a picture. That is a sign of a troubled person, to me.

I also like that about her. I would have been in tears and/or yelling at Dick if he had treated me that way. She's developed a thick skin over the years, or a way of masking her true feelings. Both of which tell me that she may have had a difficult life in the past, in some way.

I do think she is narcissistic, so I think that Amber thinks she is smart because Jen actually plays the game totally for herself. She doesn't let others make her do their dirty work for them. When they try to get her to put up Joe, she thinks, "Why should I put up someone when everyone else wants him gone? Why shouldn't I put up someone I want gone, instead??" This is smart thinking for the game.

How was putting up Dick and Dani doing the dirty work for Kail?

It was obviously a good move for Jen. Both of them wanted Jen out.

If Jen does put up Joe, she will be taking the easy way out, and I'll be disappointed in her. They already hate her, so why not keep around someone like Joe who is enough of a weasel to vote her way when it suits him? Dick will never do that, so he's the one she should be gunning for. If she puts up Nick, Dick will be gone.

Edited: Fizzle, how could you be ugly with those beautiful wings??

Catnip, I appreciate the link you sent.

I read that article before, and I have read many articles on the subject.

Like your husband, I'm a psychologist. But I would never attempt to diagnose someone from watching them on a Reality TV show...

That said, I still see her as basically very immature---she has some growing up to do.

But I don't see her as having a dysmorphic disorder or other deep underlying psychological issues...that is, no more than the rest of us, LOL.

But isn't that what she's saying??? She wants Dick to stay? She will put up Joe as the replacement? If..if if if...she was smart - she would stick to the Nick idea. Or even Amber. We won't know till POV, but it looks like she's changed her mind and is putting up Joe.

Archived