Memphis Garrett

bbas_cast_memphis_garrett_800x1000.jpg

Memphis Garrett
Hometown: Collierville, Tennessee
Current city: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Previous season: Big Brother 10 (runner-up).

Memphis came in 2nd to BB legend Dan Gheesling, and was part of one of the most famous duos in Big Brother, The Renegades.

Three adjectives that describe you: Outgoing, social, and determined.

Favorite Activities: Cruising up the coast with my son, fishing, going to the beach, golfing, and traveling.

Why do you want to play Big Brother again?
To win this time.

What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house?
Being away from my son.

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most and why?
Dan. He's my boy. Love that guy.

What is your strategy for winning the game?
Cool and collective, silent but deadly. The idea this time around is to play the same social game but focus on jury management and always be in control of my game. Also, win the POV every time.

How does this strategy differ from the last time you played?
I was playing checkers. This time I'm playing chess.

Have you changed/evolved since the last time you were on the show?
Well, 12 years have passed and I have created the life I wanted. Every year, I constantly evolved into who I am. I have become very self-aware.

My life’s motto is…
"Live life like you are going to die. Because you are." 

What would you take into the house and why?

• A journal so I can write stuff down.
  • A plant so I can have something to take care.
  • A small recorder because hell yeah!

Fun facts about yourself:

• I went to FSU and I am a huge FSU football fan.
  • I have opened 37 hospitality venues in my career.
  • My mom was a waitress and when I was a kid, I used to sit at the end of the bar while she finished work.
  • I have an amazing son, River Waylon Garrett.
  • I have been making money since I was 12 years old.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memphis and Dani were talking about an alliance today.  Memphis did most of the talking.  He wanted to add so many people that it would not have worked. Time will tell what actually happens. 

I really don’t care for this guy. The fact that he won HOH is annoying. I wonder who is going to be most influential in who he nominates? I’m sure Cody/Nicole F will want him to put up Kaysar and Janelle. Enzo is going to want Ian up and I bet Dani will want Bay/Day up. This should be interesting.

1 hour ago, Keepittogether said:

I really don’t care for this guy. The fact that he won HOH is annoying. I wonder who is going to be most influential in who he nominates? I’m sure Cody/Nicole F will want him to put up Kaysar and Janelle. Enzo is going to want Ian up and I bet Dani will want Bay/Day up. This should be interesting.

Sounds about right. I don't care for him either. He'll probably put up Kay and Jan, IMO.

so he put up Nicole A and David.  He has said all along he wanted to take out a previous winner but Christmas won the safety suite and made Ian her plus one so he is safe

Not cool that Memphis is calling David "boy" -- not the time in our country to use such a derogatory term.  It made David upset too. 

So, he basically put up two floaters. Good way not to “get blood on his hands” by pissing anyone off. However, he’s not going to score any points for making a big move.

Sadly, to keep the numbers within reach Janelle and Kaysar will have to push for David to go. What’s up with Memphis referring to him as “boy?”  What a racist thing to say. Don’t these people realize that they’re on TV?

Regarding Memphis' nom speech: I have confirmed with my reliable source that Memphis did use the word "boy" in his original nom speech by saying the "big boys' table" or something similar, but production made him change the wording to '"grownups' table". We will likely not see the original speech air on tv. However, we SHOULD see it and many are pressuring CBS to be transparent in light of the BLM movement. If CBS feels that pressure, they may actually show it. My take on it is that intention and perception are two different things and both are equally important. Memphis could have meant it as a racial jab, but I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt (yes, even when I don't care for them) since we weren't there to witness for ourselves. However, David is very offended by "the verbiage that he used". Perception is at play here and should be recognized regardless of intent. David says the words used "cut", but I believe he is referring to words that showed Memphis feels David does not deserve to be in BB22, as revealed in conversation with Cody, his ride-or-die.   

I have mentioned before that I am not a Memphis fan, and it's because he is very cocky and talks down to people. I also find the tantrums over the game interfering with his sleep and his juvenile stomping to the DR more than once as unsavory and quite ironic for for a man that refers to himself as a grown up. I see him as a narcissist, and as many of the HGs have said "he rubs me the wrong way" too. This guy thinks he is running the show and doesn't have the self awareness that some of the other All-Stars have, including Tyler, Cody, Bayleigh, Da'Vonne....that it is way too early in the game to take on a dominating persona. I suppose it just comes to Memphis naturally.

2 hours ago, MamaLong said:

Regarding Memphis' nom speech: I have confirmed with my reliable source that Memphis did use the word "boy" in his original nom speech by saying the "big boys' table" or something similar, but production made him change the wording to '"grownups' table". We will likely not see the original speech air on tv. However, we SHOULD see it and many are pressuring CBS to be transparent in light of the BLM movement. If CBS feels that pressure, they may actually show it. My take on it is that intention and perception are two different things and both are equally important. Memphis could have meant it as a racial jab, but I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt (yes, even when I don't care for them) since we weren't there to witness for ourselves. However, David is very offended by "the verbiage that he used". Perception is at play here and should be recognized regardless of intent. David says the words used "cut", but I believe he is referring to words that showed Memphis feels David does not deserve to be in BB22, as revealed in conversation with Cody, his ride-or-die.   

I have mentioned before that I am not a Memphis fan, and it's because he is very cocky and talks down to people. I also find the tantrums over the game interfering with his sleep and his juvenile stomping to the DR more than once as unsavory and quite ironic for for a man that refers to himself as a grown up. I see him as a narcissist, and as many of the HGs have said "he rubs me the wrong way" too. This guy thinks he is running the show and doesn't have the self awareness that some of the other All-Stars have, including Tyler, Cody, Bayleigh, Da'Vonne....that it is way too early in the game to take on a dominating persona. I suppose it just comes to Memphis naturally.

I agree. This is the main problem that I have with big brother.  They pick and choose some people to edit and others they don’t.  This is why I love the live feed because you can’t hide the truth.

Memphis basically has an alliance with Cody (the commission) and also with Janelle/Kaysar. It will be interesting to see which way he votes next week, depending on who gets power. 

His “boy” comment should be aired. CBS should know by now that when they try to hide racial stuff it only comes back to bite them. Let the viewers decide for themselves. That’s the whole point of this being a social experiment.

10 hours ago, straykat said:

Didn't like Memphis in his first season. So far in this season, he is even more egotistical and arrogant. Hope he dons his mask and heads out to see Julie sooner rather than later.

He's an anti-masker in real life. Believes the pandemic will disappear after election day. He said it in the feeds. Idiot.

Also the nom ceremony took THREE takes to get the racist overtones (or outright racist speech) out of it.  I doubt we'll ever see take 1 or 2, but both made the houseguests pissed off.  Grandpa Memphis with the Walmart Feet is not long for the world if the other side wins an HoH, and even his alliance is starting to get restless.

I think Memphis was referring to BB experience and history when he used the term “Big Boys’ Table” which was changed to “Grownups’ Table”.  He nominated the two least experienced BB players in the House both of whom had only been in the BB House just last year.  The other players had multiple years of BB in-house and outside house experience, relationships and history.  Not everything is racial in nature. David has gone on and on how he was the first to be evicted last season (and not in a vote) but because he failed to perform in a competition.  And, likewise, he failed again to perform in the comeback competition in his season and left the game.  He has not done well in any of the HOH, safety suite or vetos competitions in which he has participated this current season.  I feel David is a lot of talk, posturing and poor performance and,  as to why he is considered an “All-Star”, the reasoning is incomprehensible.   Finally, to imply Memphis is a racist does not seem fair or justified.

14 hours ago, BBLurkerPlus said:

He's an anti-masker in real life. Believes the pandemic will disappear after election day. He said it in the feeds. Idiot.

Yeah, that figures. But he sure was willing to put that mask on so he could get back in the house. I'm sure he had to wear it often during the process of getting to the first quarantine house and probably many times before he entered the BB house. Hope he goes soon.

I’m not sure about Memphis’ politics and I’m sure he c is an anti masker. He seems to be the type. One thing I do respect is that he’s playing his own game. He’s not being swayed by either side. He’s not letting Cody’s side of the house in on any of his plans. Even though he’s talking to Janelle more than anyone, he hasn’t folded to her idea of backdooring NicoleF.

It will be interesting next week when he doesn’t have the HOH room, who he gravitates toward, hangs out with and eventually votes with. Especially if Jaysar wins HOH.

I respect him playing his own game. Time will tell if he’s really a bigot. If he is, it will manifest as the game goes on.

1 hour ago, Keepittogether said:

I’m not sure about Memphis’ politics and I’m sure he c is an anti masker. He seems to be the type. One thing I do respect is that he’s playing his own game. He’s not being swayed by either side. He’s not letting Cody’s side of the house in on any of his plans. Even though he’s talking to Janelle more than anyone, he hasn’t folded to her idea of backdooring NicoleF.

It will be interesting next week when he doesn’t have the HOH room, who he gravitates toward, hangs out with and eventually votes with. Especially if Jaysar wins HOH.

I respect him playing his own game. Time will tell if he’s really a bigot. If he is, it will manifest as the game goes on.

I'm defiantly not a fan of his but I think BB is scared that something is going to come across as racist so they are watching every word. Did he mean it to be racist or was it just a saying like "put your big girl panties on" or "now you're playing with the big dogs". And in a way, he is right to say something about game play since in his season, David really didn't do anything to make him stand out as an all star.

I'm feel that he did use the word "boy" during his speech and, he knew what he was doing.  From what I viewed on the live feed, David has only been respectful to Memphis. Memphis attitude toward David has nothing to do with gameplay or David saying something behind his back.  Ian took out Dan in the final.  Memphis show more respect to Ian than David. If they keep letting things go, the problem will get bigger.

Don't even remember this guy from a previous season so couldn't have made that much of an impression.  Whatever, he's not making one now and hope he gets his comeuppance soon.  What a lame move with his nominations.  He had other big players who had no safety like Janelle and couple of others.