Memphis Garrett

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can tell he had never been HOH before, because it completely went to his head. And once he won the veto on top of it he thinks he’s truly running the game.

I hope Jaysar wins HOH on Thursday and puts some balance back in the house. I’d even settle for Tyler or Bayleigh.

On 8/18/2020 at 3:50 PM, BRealz said:

Congratulations on making your first HOH the most pointless ever. Also, great job acting like an ass week 2. In closing, why is no one calling him out for being a pompous ass! 

Tyler and David were talking about him. This is from the update page: 

Tyler tells David in the HoH Room that Memphis will be the next target for him. "If he doesn't win HoH" he would put him up. They discuss whether or not Memphis is "an actual dick".

Tyler: It's so blatant and aggressive.

I think that this season Memphis is going to prove that in his season, he was just (Dan's not Derrick's) tool and he would never have gotten far without him.

Edit: Don't know why I put Derrick, I meant Dan. Guess I was mixing Derrick/Cody and Dan/Memphis.

• 3 weeks later...

It’s interesting though, he pokes his head out at crucial moments. Even though he missed the fight last night he was in the HOH a bit ago with Xmas, Cody and Nicole, directing the conversation of what to do on the off chance that Da’Vonne wins HOH this week. He was being very strategic and his main point was that she cannot put up two people from the main alliance. He was talking about trying to figure out a way to get her to put up Ian while making her think it’s her idea.

This conversation solidified for me that he’s running the strategy for this alliance. He’s playing a low profile game with the rest of the house for some reason. 

On 8/17/2020 at 7:58 AM, straykat said:

He really is an arrogant jerk. Telling his alliance that at least two of them HAVE to play for safety is such crap. Glad that three of them were onto his real reason for it. I dislike him more every time I have to see or hear him.

You can lead a horse to water... if they're idiot enough to be bullied or coerced... more power to the person that can employ the power. 
He's a moody bore otherwise.

Being the ring leader to make fun of Ian’s rocking and behavior is not a good look. Anyone that makes fun of someone with a disability tells you all you need to know about them. I was disappointed but not surprised to see Cody and Dani joining in. As a nurse Nicole should know better. People with autism often rock to self soothe, especially in stressful situations.

These people are not in high school and should know better. Memphis is almost 40, there’s no excuse. I’m not sad to see that Nicole is already losing some of her sponsorships.

When they get out of the house I’m sure they will all try to make excuses, but the truth is right on the feeds for all to see.

1 hour ago, carmen said:

Hello, what are the sponsorships? Where are you seeing this information? And are they dropping her b/c of her behavior in the house?

Nicole has a podcast and she has lost sponsorships from Olay and a mattress company (can’t remember the name of the company). They have both come out with written statements in the last 24 hours saying they will no no longer be doing business with her, directly related to her behavior toward Ian.

Side note: beyond her being a nurse and knowing better, Ian is supposed to be one of her closest allies. Even if she didn’t want to defend Ian, she should have at least got up and left the room or something and not have participated in mocking him.

On 9/10/2020 at 1:50 PM, Keepittogether said:

Being the ring leader to make fun of Ian’s rocking and behavior is not a good look. Anyone that makes fun of someone with a disability tells you all you need to know about them. I was disappointed but not surprised to see Cody and Dani joining in. As a nurse Nicole should know better. People with autism often rock to self soothe, especially in stressful situations.

These people are not in high school and should know better. Memphis is almost 40, there’s no excuse. I’m not sad to see that Nicole is already losing some of her sponsorships.

When they get out of the house I’m sure they will all try to make excuses, but the truth is right on the feeds for all to see.

Nicole went to nursing school. She is not a nurse. Also, dealing with patients with disabilities is not something a typical nurse does. People with disabilities or special needs have care takers who go with them stay with them If they go to the hospital. And most nurses I know are not nurturing or the most intelligent people on the planet. 

Ian self soothes constantly. He rocks constantly. If your own child rocked 24/7 at some point it would annoy yo lo u. I think everyone is being too quick to judge them on this. Memphis is an ass hat 24/7. And he seems to be the ring leader of everything. Was it a jerk thing to say, yes. Would most people living in the house get stressed or annoyed by the rocking and at some point tell someone, yes. 

On 9/10/2020 at 2:34 PM, carmen said:

Hello, what are the sponsorships? Where are you seeing this information? And are they dropping her b/c of her behavior in the house?

Sponsorships being dropped is a routine thing. Companies love to use opportunities like this to “take a stand” and get more business. This will more than likely make her podcast more popular. Bad publicity is publicity. BB is quick to cut the feeds on controversial subjects lately, but they sure zoomed in and let this one roll! Production plays into these things too. They probably asked Memphis about the rocking in the DR and have prodded this convo along. Trust me. It gets them ratings too. And sells live feed subscriptions. All of these players are puppets. 

4 hours ago, BRealz said:

Memphis is an ass hat 24/7. And he seems to be the ring leader of everything.

Thank you. I couldn't agree more. I cannot stand Memphis and cannot for the life of me figure out why they're carrying his ass along as if he is some great player. He isn't. He's pretty much a waste of space (they must have really been desperate to fill a slot). Would love for someone to put him and Cody up with Nicole as a backdoor plan. These privileged-acting cast members' heads would explode. Why at this point is it all about getting the remaining minorities out? Ageism (Keesha / Janelle / Kaysar ) + other isms seems to be the underlying strategy for who gets eliminated.

1 hour ago, carmen said:

After viewing a couple times, I'm convinced he did say it.

How he treats David and the other things he has said about other people of color.  Yeah he said it.  I have watched it several times myself just to be sure and he said it.  Twitter is going crazy with this.  

I have watched it a few times and I think he said it too. CBS released a statement saying they think he was saying the word “enigma.” Clever try. If you look at the conversation as a whole, it doesn’t even fit the context. Memphis was speaking of David negatively. You don’t describe someone as an enigma (which denotes someone being kind of mysterious), when you’re speaking negatively about them. Also, I wouldn’t call Memphis stupid, but he’s not exactly a wordsmith. Enigma is not a word he’s probably ever used in a sentence. CBS’ statement was BS.

I think Memphis will probably put up some combo of Day/David/Kevin. He has his own feelings about things so I doubt he’s going to let anyone dictate to him.

Cody wants Day out

Dani/Nicole want Kevin out

Memphis wants David out

(at least he’s said that in the past, but after the N- word issue, production may talk to him  about how it’s not a good idea to nominate him. Also, Cody said tonight that he doesn’t want David on the block)

2 hours ago, Keepittogether said:

I have watched it a few times and I think he said it too. CBS released a statement saying they think he was saying the word “enigma.” Clever try. If you look at the conversation as a whole, it doesn’t even fit the context. Memphis was speaking of David negatively. You don’t describe someone as an enigma (which denotes someone being kind of mysterious), when you’re speaking negatively about them. Also, I wouldn’t call Memphis stupid, but he’s not exactly a wordsmith. Enigma is not a word he’s probably ever used in a sentence. CBS’ statement was BS.

I think Memphis will probably put up some combo of Day/David/Kevin. He has his own feelings about things so I doubt he’s going to let anyone dictate to him.

Cody wants Day out

Dani/Nicole want Kevin out

Memphis wants David out

(at least he’s said that in the past, but after the N- word issue, production may talk to him  about how it’s not a good idea to nominate him. Also, Cody said tonight that he doesn’t want David on the block)

I would not be surprised if he puts up the two black people on the block.  He is going to have to put two people of color up since they are outside of the Committee.  BB is going to look bad after this Memphis thing especially since his alliance formed before this season began.  Even worse is this alliance is an all white cast. I do not care that a person of color does not win. I just hate that they did not have a chance to win.

40 minutes ago, Bibbs said:

I would not be surprised if he puts up the two black people on the block.  He is going to have to put two people of color up since they are outside of the Committee.  BB is going to look bad after this Memphis thing especially since his alliance formed before this season began.  Even worse is this alliance is an all white cast. I do not care that a person of color does not win. I just hate that they did not have a chance to win.

I so agree with you. I do not like to see when some of the houseguests never had a chance to begin with. It's just not fair. And I do question how much producers knew, when they knew, and why they haven't tried to prevent it, or correct it.

Memphis is a racist jackass, but CBS doesn't look all that much better at this point. Trying to defend or explain what he said is ridiculous.

I don't like Memphis, but I don't hear what others seem to hear. I'm thinking "id" as in idiot. But no one is really sure. It's really unfair to say someone is racist by going on a assumption over what might have been said. If he sticks with his alliance(s) he'll have to nominate Day and Kevin. Didn't he and David say they wouldn't nominate each other last week or something?  

Memphis went through this whole charade just so he can back door David? He obviously has a lot of hate for this awkward black kid who has no true allies and has only won one competition.

Gee, I wonder what else it could be that makes Memphis want him out so much?

What a racist bully.

Cody and Tyler have both voiced wanting to play with David. However, I doubt either one of them are going to want to go to war with Memphis in order to save him.