Realplayer - Help/Discussion Thread

i would rate the feeds 4 out of 10,, reason,, way too much froth,, ( froth is when big brother cuts out the feeds and displays a fire screen saver type thing) way way way tooooo much,, every time you even think of hearing something good, big brother steps in and gives you froth,, now not just that reason, you pay for 4 cameras and you get 4 cameras but big brother for some reason 50% of the time only uses or shows 2 cameras and displays them so you get 2 screens of the same thing and another 2 screens of the same thing, this tic's me off bigtime, if you pay for 4 cameras they should be different views,, last but not least, everyone i know who has the feeds expected more cameras this year but instead we have the same 4 but in reality only 2 most of the time.

best

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to rate the live feeds no more than 3.

So boring!

And all the good stuff is usually cut off by FotH!

Not worth the money.

I usually miss anything interesting and I am not willing to sit hour after hour watching and waiting.

I find it so much better to read the play by play commentary then I can go forward or go back to re-read and basically skip all the dull stuff.

I'd give them a 6 this year. Definitely worth it, but they's be a lot better if they'd stop giving us FoTH so much. That's mostly the HG fault, though-----a lot of it is boring, but if you catch them at the right times , it can be tremendously entertaining. Like last night, when most of them were drunk and the rap session. I missed it because it was so late.

Bottom line-----if you've got the 30 bucks in disposable income, go for it.

THis is good info! I've resisted getting feeds in the past because Morty's always done such a great job with the recaps, but it seems that all that's on tv this summer, especially on the weekends, is really boring. I was thinking of getting it and running the feed through my tv. Has to be better than going to Youtube and having to go back to the computer every few minutes to find another clip to watch.

Does anyone know if your subscription can be put on more than one computer in the house or do I have to buy a subscription for each if I want the feeds in both places?

Guest StarBaby

Surfgranny, once you buy your subscription to the feeds, you can use it on as many computers as you'd like (maybe not all at once though). I have mine set up on my home PC, my laptop, and my work puter.

HI you can use the feeds on more then one computer at the same time. Right now I have it on my laptop and my dad is using my account on his laptop and I can hear the echo so hes watching the feeds too=) I would rate the feeds as the quality prob a 8 because the picture is good and clear this year. as far as the content I would have to say 3 or 4 due to all the FOTH and the same 4 cams on the same 2 people.

first off this is one of my favorite shows and its live so i will love it even if its black and white and has no sound.. but having said that..

the options you get are horrible. its four camera but usually 1 and 2 are the same

and 3 and 4 are the same.. they blackout whenever there is any competition unless it is an endurance challenge. they blackout when the live shows are on. they blackout whenever the house guests are too rowdy. its alot of blackout times. usually the feeds are boring. positive side it feels like you live inside with them. you get to know them on a personal level and you learn the true story of the season.

this is my second season with the live feed and i think im hooked forever.

bb6 season i'd rate 8 and this season i'd rate 6

oh, interesting question.

i'd rate it a 5 so far, i'm a little disappointed, however i knew prior to the season starting that it was going to be completely different then previous years.

Because all of these houseguest's have been on BB before, they are fully aware of everything that is occuring in and outside the house regarding the live feeds and such.

I can't stand the theme music, and it makes me really really miss the FISHES!!! ( i wonder if anyone remembers how many fish died throughout the season last year)

so, 5 for now, hopefully that will increase as the game continues ( usually does)

I say a 9 (there is always room for some improvement)

I have had the feeds every year and for me, summer would not be summer without the live feeds. I have them on almost all the time even if it is just for background noise. You really get to know the HG's on a deeper level than what you can get from the CBS show.

Dep

I can't GET to the subscription page.

I've tried links from several sites (3 days free, 14 days free, etc.) but although they start to load (blue line grows in status bar) 30 minutes later they're still less than 1/2 done and eventually they time out.

Anbyone else experience this? Anyone have a solution?

Guest janey_doll

I NEED HELP!!! :o

Everytime I go to the realplayer site and click to log in when it takes me to the page where it says "WATCH NOW" I click it and then it has a error report that you can either "send" or "not send", and now I can't get my realplayer to work.

The only way I can watch the feeds is by going to Mortys home page and clicking the "backdoor", but I don't like doing it that way because I can't switch feeds as easy as i can with my realplayer.

I don't know if uninstalling it will hurt it, like will it completely mess it up where I can't have the feeds? I would think it would be fine but I don't want ANYTHING to mess up the feeds. I think this happened last year to me and I think I had to uninstall it then reinstall it.

Someone Please Help Me!!!!! :(

ATTEMPT TWO

Is there a way to watch the live feeds on Windows Media Player? Real Player is driving me nuts. When I watch something on Windows Media Player, if I have it connected to my t.v then only the video shows up on the t.v. If something is playing through Real Player, then when it is connected to my t.v. then everything on my monitor shows up on the t.v instead of just the video.

How do I play the live feeds through Windows Media Player instead of Real Player? Thank You!

I spoke with Real Customer support about the speed of the feeds being downgraded and here is what they said

Arnold: Since many of the customers had issue with 350 kbps streaming, it has been reduced to 226 kbps now.

Chris: Great, now the quality sucks and I'm stuck paying 39 bucks

Arnold: I understand your concern. I will pass your query to concern department and I hope that your issue will be resolved.

Chris: It won't because yall really do not care about customer concerns

Arnold: To work around this, I recommend you close the back ground running programs and clear temporary files or folders.

Arnold: To do so, please follow the below links:

Arnold: I'm going to send you a URL to a page that I'd like to talk with you about. It will pop on your screen, unless you have a pop up blocker. If you have a pop-up blocker, copy and paste the link into your browser address. (Caution: Don't disable pop-up blockers during this session - - it will disconnect our session).

Chris: I don't want that, it won't help because the speed has been downgraded

URL Received: http://real.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/real.cfg/...hp?p_faqid=3561

URL Received: http://real.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/real.cfg/...hp?p_faqid=5334

Arnold: Kindly perform the above solutions and it will resolve your issue.

Chris: how?

Chris: yall downgraded the speed from 350 to 226

cancel your feeds

heres more...

Arnold: Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Chris: but like i said the problem is on your end not mine. yall changed the speed and now the sound and video quality sucks

Chris: so unless you can fix that then no there is nothing you can do

Arnold: Actually high bandwidth should affect the play back of the Live feeds and if we downgraded to the low bandwidth, playback of the streaming content will be better.

Arnold: That is the reason, we have downgraded it to the lower one. It should not be reason for your case.

Chris: I am playing Hi bandwith and it is playing at 226kbps instead of 350kbps, how would that be better?

Arnold: Yes, low bandwidth should not cause any freezing or interruptions in the live streaming.

Chris: what are you talking about? I don't care about the low bandwith. I am concerned about the Hi

after that he told me to contact the phone support team

Just a friendly reminder to everyone...Don't forget to claim your $10 credit to use in the real music store. We get $10 a month & that = 10 songs a month. So don't forget to get your free music cause then it's like the feeds are almost free kinda sorta :D

Archived