Realplayer - Help/Discussion Thread

I saw/heard people complaining about the sounds being off on the live feeds. Actually I discovered that while I was watching the Quad Feed, I could hear the voices from Cam 2 on my left speaker and hear the voices from Cam 3 on my right speaker. It just took a little time to focus in on which one I wanted to hear.

:)

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all -

I tried last night to get the feeds going and how frustrating! All I kept getting was the "connecting" logo with the running circle around it. I tried numerous times using the login directly from real and the links that don't time out from here. I was logged in the whole time. At one point I got the "I accept" disclaimer page but that led to the loading page as well. <_<

Any idea why my feeds would not work. I made sure to wait until others were seeing their feeds to try. No point in trying when there isn't anything to see!

Any help would be appreciated!

I have looked back thru the post and hopefully I am not asking something that has been answered.

Last year I could just click on any of the cameras, while in the quad mode, and it would go to it. Why cant I this year. I liked it so if you heard something you want to really listen too, you could just click and be there. Any help on this would be great.

Also, I want the chat room to come up, and I marked it under "view" then made sure the box was checked and still not the chat room.

Could it be that I went into the live feed thru Morty's and not thru superpass?

Thanks for the help.

Hey all

Ok, I called Real today and talked to their tech support. I am posting what they had me do (it has solved my problems with both video and sound, except I can only watch in LO mode, HI still has choppy video). Hopefully this will help some others and you won;t have to sit on hold for 45 minutes to talk to someone :)

Please note that I am using Windows XP and have a high speed cable connection and a wireless router.

In Real Player:

Click Tools ---> Preferences

On the left side click on Connection.

On the right

For Normal change the setting to DSL/Cable (256 kbps)

For Maximum choose DSL/Cable (768 kbps)

below that add 20 seconds to each of the 2 boxes. Mine was set at 20 and 90, so now they are 40 and 110.

at the bottom make sure the box next to Assume I am online is marked

Then back on the left choose Proxy. Make sure that all 3 lines in the box say No proxy specified.

Back on the left choose Network Transports

On the right, check the box next to Manually configure settings.

Click on RTSP settings and UNCHECK the first three boxes, leave the last one checked. Click ok

Do the same thing for PNA settings

Click ok to close the preferences box and then close and restart RealPlayer.

It worked for me and now I finally can watch what is going on. Hope it maybe helps someone else.

Dep

I am watching the live feeds, Last year even a two days ago on the right of the screen was chat rooms. For some reason I must have clicked on something and it dissapeared. Does anybody know how to get it back, I am lost please help. I like to post and watcho others post about what is going that moment..

Thank You

Cindy V

I've heard a lot of people talking about BB Reloader and how great it is. I'm not entirely sure WHAT this program is, other than some sort of alternative media player to use instead of the Real player (which I dislike/have problems with also.)

I've heard almost all positive things so far.. with the exception of one or two people who had issues with it conflicting with their computers. I think I'd like to download this program this weekend and try it out on my desktop. But I wanted to hear everyone's experiences with it.. positive AND negative. If it does 'mess up' your computer, I'd like to know specifically how.. Consider this also a troubleshooting forum for people who have technical problems, maybe others can post solutions or fixes.

And finally- where can I get it? Is there a link? Thanks, guys! :)

Cindy V

Go into "view" at top of real player and then to related show info and make sure it is marked. I thave mine checked and it STILL doesnt work. But everybody else that tried it says it fixed the problem

But if anybody out there knows why this DID not work for me please let me know.

Thanks

Toto

YAY DEP!! its sure a whole lot better now :D:):):):):):)

edit to add: i had to change my Normal/Maximum settings to 1.5Mbps and finally audio and video are together (im on highspeed cable)

I am having a terrible time with the BB live feeds. The quality on low quality sucks but at least I have video, when I put it on high quality my picture is excellent but thats all I have is a picture that changes from time to time. Any ideas? Same thing with my BB 7 Reloader.

Kelly

Get used to it :) It happens all season long. There are certain things the HG's are not supposed to talk about (people on the outside who haven't signed consent forms, slanderous comments about celebrities that aren't already out there, etc.) and they aren't allowed to sing songs due to royalty issues. So anytime they start doing one of these things, the cameras are gonna cut for a few until they are done. It is always really bad during the first few weeks because the people who have their finger on the camera button are a bit jumpy, but it will be like this all season.

Dep

If you have perfect play enabled with Real you can right click on the clip position bar and go to perfect play duration and select how long you want it to play. I could be mistaken on this but when I set it for 2hrs it didn't time out. This works for the feed from the Real website.

I haven't touched any of those settings yet this year, but last night I was getting 2 - 3 hours straight before getting a time-out message. Will be interesting to hear if changing those settings works for you all.

Keep us posted!!!

Dep

Use these Links:

rtsp://start.real.com:554/rd?pid=bb7_live&url=quad_350.rm

rtsp://start.real.com:554/rd?pid=bb7_live&url=cam1_350.rm

rtsp://start.real.com:554/rd?pid=bb7_live&url=cam2_350.rm

rtsp://start.real.com:554/rd?pid=bb7_live&url=cam3_350.rm

rtsp://start.real.com:554/rd?pid=bb7_live&url=cam4_350.rm

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to change my font color in chat on real player, I see lots of people doing that but I cant figure it out. Also is there anyway to slow it down, it goes so quickly I dont have time to read it

Guest janey_doll

i did what depeche said and it works but my real player keeps "connecting" even when it is playing smooth and then it makes it tile after it connects again.

is there a setting to change to stop the connecting because it is not really needed it was playing fine.

thanks

Seriously,

I swear I can hear the ocean, and the sound of waves on my live feeds....Its really wierd! Other than that, the sound and quality of the picture is really good this year.

(Even when Im switching cams, I can hear the ocean...)

Kelly

i did what depeche said and it works but my real player keeps "connecting" even when it is playing smooth and then it makes it tile after it connects again.

is there a setting to change to stop the connecting because it is not really needed it was playing fine.

thanks

I too am having this same issue.

Archived