Big Brother 9

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I see that the countdown is running, and yet I can't get myself to dive into it (yet?)

And that makes me wonder --

Will this be the end of the voyeuristic enthusiasm? Is this season too soon?

We're going to have BB, Survivor, Lost. So much TV competition for the top shows - during a time that we typically devote to home and winter projects. (For example, this is going to invade my genealogy research time!)

We're going to have houseguests who can take off from work mid-winter. Who does that except actors?

We're not going to have some transcribers who need to be working, studying, driving school buses.

We will (hopefully) have moderators who haven't had their due time off before the barrage of supervisory stuff begins again.

Are we ready for this, or does it somehow feel like a duty for which we must enlist?

I'll be here. Not 24-7 but I'll be here. Can't say I'm ready for it, tho. So I'm wondering how everyone else really feels about a BB winter.

I guess I'm going to do a wait and see. The summer is always so busy for me and winters are slow for me after the Holidays. I'm looking forward to seeing BB again. I hope it'll work out well for everyone. :pixiedust:

I am not sure how I am gonna be able to keep up in a winter season. Tax season I typically work super long days. I will not ever have time for the feeds. I dunno if I will even have time to come here to read. I guess I will be one of those people who just watches the tv shows. That'll be weird, lol. And even the tv shows I will have to watch dvr'ed at 10 or 11 pm. I dunno, guess we will just have to wait and see....

there is not the enthusiasm that usually happens when there is a long hiatus from summer to summer, that being said tho I will be here, I haven't done the 24/7 feeds since BB6, so maybe it will be ok to come here and read and post. Ya know it always starts out with us all sayin this is gonna be boring because it does take time to start figuring out who you like and what you think then all hell breaks loose and we are back to the usual BB brouhaha,lol :animated_bouncy:

Well I am very excited for many different reasons...winter is busy for me right now, but will be slower I'm hoping when BB gets going...I love BB and have been a regular fan of the tv show since season 3...but as some of you know, I just found Morty's at the beginning of BB8 and got totally absolutely hooked here....I didn't post much but didn't miss a day from reading absolutely everything....I enjoyed the show even more because of it and you all....I cannot get showtime where I live nor the feeds (I am in rural Canada) so this place is the best thing that ever happened to me...I am soooo looking forward to this next season and all the people here, i almost feel like I miss all the posting as much or more than the show.

i wont know how i feel about it until it starts. i have mixed feelings. and if i think about the time spent in total.... my gad.. 6 months out of 2008 devoted to Big Brother? i might find myself divorced by this time next year if i totally commit myself like i do in the summer.

just the other day he said "you are not fooling me, i know big brother has ended.. what can you possibly be talking about STILL?"

:huh: the next big brother?? (i can only hold him off for so long)

I'm actually surprised they aren't having BB in Miami or somewhere really warm so they can kepp filming the 24 bathing suits.

But I guess if I've always wanted a season of regular schmoes, this would be the one time of the year to do it. I mean who wants to see Gramps in a thong?

I am excited about this winter version of bb. My only problem is this could interfere with my work. I'm off all summer long.. since I'm a lunchlady I only work during school. I've never had to really try to work and keep up with bb at the same time. but I'm sure happy to give it a try.

I must admit, the new commercial did perk me up immediately. Like getting a whiff of cotton candy in the air....

On another note -- we have to check on BB Reloader. Wonder if they'll allow '07 or insist on another version.

Still don't know how I feel about another BB sooo soon.

Half the fun of BB was the anticipation - and the months before with all the rumors

and speculation. How the house was set up and furnished, the theme, twists, etc.

AND... it seems like we're getting bombarded with 'reality' TV up to the eyeballs.

BB once a year made it feel special.

But... I'll be tuning in I know. Dick dominated the last show. Maybe this time we'll

have more to talk about than just one player and his antics and manipulations.

Well...at first I must admit I was super excited when I heard of this due to the writer's strike (and even called my old roommate to praise the writers for their strike). I am still excited, but I do agree that it has thrown me off. I'd say it takes a good 9 months to forget how frustrating the show gets (boring even) at the end when you realize they're all manipulative a-holes and you're worn out from people attacking you for not being blindly allegiant to their pick on Morty's. At the end of 9 months the scars heal and you only remember the good stuff and are ready to jump back in again. Hey, I just realized everytime hubby & I are on our way to visit friends in Chicago we do the same thing: Talk about how much we miss Chi-town and we discuss moving back. Then we spend 2 days in the traffic and the road rage resurfaces. We realize the convenience of living in a smaller "big town" & that it is worth giving up seeing certain friends & visiting some of our favorite places regularly. Long winded point: I haven't completely debriefed from last season!

Very Interesting...

Archived