Monet - Week 2

CeCiMom

I wish that Monet could stay and be the Monet that I think is behind the mean girl facade but I don't think that she is going to get that chance and I will bet you that if Monet had another chance she would do things differently. Even though I find Britney entertaining - at other's expense - I think Monet should have found another ally. I think that she is gone, though, so it doesn't really matter. I hope she leaves with class. She is capable of that.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we will not hear Monet say that someone is "going to get her fist in their face" after tonight. Besides being an idle threat that she would never carry out if she wants ti stay in the BBH, it makes her look just as lowlife as the people that she hates. Which is everyone (sans Britney) in the house. Please vote her out HG.

ive4nc.jpg

I was hoping for your fat lady UPV, we had a power outage, and I missed the whole show,lol, thanx at least I know who got kicked to the curb, although after the way Matt has acted with the fake wife illness, I could've been happy if he went, ya know??

Again the HG shock me with their stupidity. Matt is a much bigger threat than Monet no matter how much they may like Monet or not. I feel like this cast is actually a bunch of high schoolers voting for who they want to nominate as class President, or something. It's not a freakin' popularity contest! Use some strategy and get out the strongest one on the block while you can!

You think it's a funny racially offensive joke, is the way I understood your response.

Me, I didn't find it funny...just mildly offensive. I see no similarities in Chima and Monet.

Oh my word. I have to deal with this at school. The kids see me walking down the hall, and before they even know my name they assume that I'm racist because I happen to be white. I have to make almost double or triple the effort so they KNOW I care. I wish people would stop getting their panties in a wad and realize it's the year 2010. No one can change what happened in the past, but we can get along in today's world.

I would have like to see her around for a few more weeks but Mat's lying about his wife saved him. Plus, the brigade of course. I'm sure they'd have no problem with him lying about his wife. Maybe Enzo would.

And, see I didn't find Chima as a racist at all. Even with the terrorist comment. I felt the terrorist comment came from the fact that Russell was terrorizing anyone that crossed him in that house, Ronnie comes to mind and Chima as well. If she were racist, why did she make out with him and associate with the other races in the house?

But, if you didn't find what stevea11 posted as being racially offensive, it stands to reason that you have never been offended by anything he says. As a black person, I do not find what he said or the smiley, to be humorous. The only thing humorous about it was the fact that he felt he could say it without offending anyone.

And for the record in the past 10 seasons, someone who got put on the block has cried. Including Brit, Rachel and Annie from this cast. So Monet is not some special case. Just sayin...

Chima did say that Russell was a terrorist and that she was the twin towers :animated_shocking: She insulted not just Russell but his Dad and familiy from Lebanon . She later made up the spin about it was just about Russell terrorizing the house . Chima is a racist .

I agree Monet crying is nothing and wish she had stayed and don't forget Brendon crying. Dude has issues. :animated_rotfl:

:animated_rotfl:

I know, I know. It's the simple things in life that make us happy. lmao

I think this whole "couture" thing will be a running joke for me because I got a good look at her tonight. Not only is she not good looking in face or have a different look to her that is wanted on the runway, but no way is her body "couture" either.

I watched enough ANTMs to know this. ha ha ha ha

she applied for ANTM 2x and did not get on, I do not see her as anything but s commerical model at best

Oh my word. I have to deal with this at school. The kids see me walking down the hall, and before they even know my name they assume that I'm racist because I happen to be white. I have to make almost double or triple the effort so they KNOW I care. I wish people would stop getting their panties in a wad and realize it's the year 2010. No one can change what happened in the past, but we can get along in today's world.

I wish I could agree with your statement, but I can't. You are right, it is 2010 and while many people have been able to get over "IT", there are some that can not and will not. This is not a matter of choice. As an educator you may need some more multicultural awareness. Your students are a product of mistrust because their parents are a product of mistrust. While your ancestors may not have experienced an evil like slavery or Holocaust to get over, remember it is not up to the on looker or even the perpetrator to tell the victims when to heal. If you are a victim of a violent crime, when should someone tell you to get over "it"? Your students may be picking up on your get over it sentiment, it may not that they see you as racist but as someone they can not trust. As a clinician that specializes in multicultural education, I hear comments like yours from educators all the time. Perspective is everything. Good luck this school year.

I wish I could agree with your statement, but I can't. You are right, it is 2010 and while many people have been able to get over "IT", there are some that can not and will not. This is not a matter of choice. As an educator you may need some more multicultural awareness. Your students are a product of mistrust because their parents are a product of mistrust. While your ancestors may not have experienced an evil like slavery or Holocaust to get over, remember it is not up to the on looker or even the perpetrator to tell the victims when to heal. If you are a victim of a violent crime, when should someone tell you to get over "it"? Your students may be picking up on your get over it sentiment, it may not that they see you as racist but as someone they can not trust. As a clinician that specializes in multicultural education, I hear comments like yours from educators all the time. Perspective is everything. Good luck this school year.

Slavery has existed in many cultures all over the world. I understand what you're saying, but I tense up every time someone tries to use the race card, and they think that slavery only existed for their people. Truth be told, it has existed in every culture, and in Roman times it was even much worse. Some of the Roman emperors were very cruel (and very much hated by their own people) and would kill a slave for say - dropping a bowl of meat. Seriously. And Romans were very instrumental in a slow and painful death. They had slaves of all colors from what I've heard and read.

As far as having "multicultural awareness," I do, but that really has nothing to do with it. It is a first-hand type experience one has to experience. Trust me, it is just as hard to be the minority on my side. I am mistrusted. But it is a little hard to explain it unless you have experienced reverse racism. I mean, I have a close friend (She is African-American, yes.) who has been there for me since I started working at that school, but she told me one time that one of the paras (whom I rarely saw and didn't even know me and had not spoken two words to me) had called me racist. My friend actually said, "Excuse me? You don't even know her! She loves her kids and does SO much for them!" The lady stopped, looked sheepish, and stared at her. Then my friend walked out.

Anyways that's my two cents. All I was saying is that it seems ridiculous in this day in age that race seems so divided. Things have happened to people of all colors, believe it or not, and it's kind of funny but kind of sad, too when I tell my kids that I am Native American, too and some of my ancestors were driven off their land. They don't believe me because I look mostly white.

Slavery has existed in many cultures all over the world. I understand what you're saying, but I tense up every time someone tries to use the race card, and they think that slavery only existed for their people.

I hear you. Not sure about who pulled the race card. So I will not respond to that. Yes, you are right slavery happened in many cultures. I won't get in to too much history of domestic slavery and slave trade. However, psychologically the two are different beast within themselves. There is a difference in being enslaved when you still have your family, friends and community around you. When people are traded in slavery they are uprooted from their homes and families and transplanted to a new foreign culture, without support a identity. I won't draw this out. I do appreciate your honesty and respect your willingness to have this conversation. Believe me; I know a bit about being the odd woman out. I travel across the U.S and internationally to instruct cross cultural psychology. I live in one of the least diverse areas of Suburban, MD. I've stayed long-term in the Foot Hill of the Blue Ridge Mountains and throughout inner cities all over, and the one thing that I find amazing is once people talk about race and ethnicity the stigma of racism is transcended. I too wish that we could just see each other as people and past the racial divide. However, there are people on both sides of the divide not willing to let go of that part of history. There are some that still believe in segregation and slavery. As well as people who still mistrust the opposite race.

Chima had a lot of issues...she's was in a league all of her own and no way can anyone compare her to Moaner...no way.

Slavery has existed in many cultures all over the world. I understand what you're saying, but I tense up every time someone tries to use the race card, and they think that slavery only existed for their people. Truth be told, it has existed in every culture, and in Roman times it was even much worse. Some of the Roman emperors were very cruel (and very much hated by their own people) and would kill a slave for say - dropping a bowl of meat. Seriously. And Romans were very instrumental in a slow and painful death. They had slaves of all colors from what I've heard and read.

As far as having "multicultural awareness," I do, but that really has nothing to do with it. It is a first-hand type experience one has to experience. Trust me, it is just as hard to be the minority on my side. I am mistrusted. But it is a little hard to explain it unless you have experienced reverse racism. I mean, I have a close friend (She is African-American, yes.) who has been there for me since I started working at that school, but she told me one time that one of the paras (whom I rarely saw and didn't even know me and had not spoken two words to me) had called me racist. My friend actually said, "Excuse me? You don't even know her! She loves her kids and does SO much for them!" The lady stopped, looked sheepish, and stared at her. Then my friend walked out.

Anyways that's my two cents. All I was saying is that it seems ridiculous in this day in age that race seems so divided. Things have happened to people of all colors, believe it or not, and it's kind of funny but kind of sad, too when I tell my kids that I am Native American, too and some of my ancestors were driven off their land. They don't believe me because I look mostly white.

The only thing I can say to you, as a black person and trying to understand your perspective, is that the enslavement of black people in this country is not as far removed as Roman slavery in ancient times or even the Holocaust that happened overseas in a foreign country. Slavery is a part of my recent history (great grandparents) and it happened in this country and the effects of 400 years of it are still felt by black people in this country. Can you imagine a whole group of people being 400 plus years behind everyone else in literacy and opportunity? This is not even counting reconstruction and the Jim Crow era in the 20th century.

No, we don't think that all white people are racist, but by the same token, there are still racists in this country. It is a fact that white people (rich or poor), are privileged in this country and black people have a stigma of second class citizenship. And believe it or not, and you don't know this because I'm sure this has never happened to you, but black people and other minorities are still discriminated against in 2010. Even with the president being black. We've come a mighty long way, but we still have a long way to go. It may not be as overtly done as it was in the 1950's, 60's or 70's, but it still happens. And if you've never experienced that treatment, its easy for you to relegate the outcry of these things to people playing the race card, because it's so foreign to you.

And here, I'm not attacking you and say this with respect from one human being to another, but you can't tell me that I shouldn't be racially offended at something just because you don't find it offensive. You don't walk in my shoes everyday or I should say, wear my skin. Then when I try to open up dialogue and make you aware of my feelings, you accuse me of playing the race card and I'm using the term "you" in general. So, it becomes a vicious cycle of you feeling that I should just get over it and stop playing the race card, and me thinking that you're an insensitive bigot who doesn't really care or respect me enough as a human being to hear what I'm saying and try to understand my perspective.

I don't know, but maybe you have an air of superiority or fear in your face or even a look of disgust when you encounter your minority students. I don't know. Maybe instead of thinking that just because you're white, all black people think you're a racist because one black person accused you of it, maybe you should try to open up a dialogue about it with your students. That would give you both an arena for you to hear their perspective and let them hear yours. However, you can't have fear of the outcome or get overly emotional and get defensive when things start feeling uncomfortable, and you can't have pre-conceived notions going into it. Maybe you can start by talking to the person who said they felt you were a racist and ask them why they feel that way. If we don't communicate on the issue, nothing will ever get resolved and the races will continue to harbor ill feelings and feelings of insensitivity deep down.

nothingbutlove, I so appreciate what you're saying here, but it goes deeper than just being a product of mistrust. What many of you don't understand is that black people experience racism everyday in some form or another. It may just be a look, a word, a gesture or something more overt like not being given the benefit of the doubt over someone of European ancestory in a job situation or even a traffic accident, or being pulled over because you look suspicious or even someone making a joke on a reality show message board. My point is it comes in all forms and basically unnoticeable to people who don't experience it.

Otherwise, I agree with everything you've said and I appreciate your willingness to engage in dialogue about the issue and your openness to another's perspective.

I am well aware of who has cried when on the block or not , you do not have to school me. This is a board where most of us have been posting for yrs, pretty much know our personalities and do not take that stuff personal, it's a BB message board where we are allowed to say our opinions, I seriously do not think Stevea11 was sending out a racist post, so you said you didnt think it was funny, that is your opinion, and anyone else can feel how they want to as well

I haven't taken anything personal. I just pointed out a flaw in the reasoning that led to your opinion about Monet and her crying. I was merely stating my opinion of your opinion, which you have stated is allowed.

You may not think stevea11 "was sending out a racist post" and his intentions may not have been racist, but the post was certainly racially insensitive toward black people and I should know, because I'm a black person. I didn't accuse stevea11 of being a racist, but merely stated that his post was racially offensive. He just may be insensitive to such things or just very immature. I don't know, but I felt inclined to point it out to him in the event that he doesn't want to offend some people with his posts.

I am certainly not trying to tell anyone else how to feel. It seems though that you're trying to tell me how I should feel. I merely stated that if you've never found anything he said to be offensive, than it stands to reason that you wouldn't find that post to be offensive. That is not telling you how to feel. It's stating the obvious.

I haven't taken anything personal. I just pointed out a flaw in the reasoning that led to your opinion about Monet and her crying. I was merely stating my opinion of your opinion, which you have stated is allowed.

You may not think stevea11 "was sending out a racist post" and his intentions may not have been racist, but the post was certainly racially insensitive toward black people and I should know, because I'm a black person. I didn't accuse stevea11 of being a racist, but merely stated that his post was racially offensive. He just may be insensitive to such things or just very immature. I don't know, but I felt inclined to point it out to him in the event that he doesn't want to offend some people with his posts.

I am certainly not trying to tell anyone else how to feel. It seems though that you're trying to tell me how I should feel. I merely stated that if you've never found anything he said to be offensive, than it stands to reason that you wouldn't find that post to be offensive. That is not telling you how to feel. It's stating the obvious.

does this have anything, I mean anything to do with the game, seems these long posts about slavery, opression, on and on have nothing to do with BB and now I am feeling offended by having this thread bombarded with all of it, stick to the subject at hand plz, that would be Monet. You do not have to keep telling us over and over how Stevea11 has offended you, we get it. and by the way I am not trying to tell you how to feel about anything , but you are really going soooo far off track this is the Monet thread not the what offends us thread when it does not pertain to Monet or the game

Archived