Monet - Week 2

CeCiMom

Somebody was savvy enough to see the model in her....too good for ANTM as far as I'm concerned.

Apparently she's modeled at NY Fashion week and St. Louis Fashion Week. Link to pictures and article here

and still more pictures here at Campbell agency

Granted...she's not the next big thing to hit the runway...but she is more established than people here make her out to be.

And now she's on Big Brother.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now she's on Big Brother.

haven't you been paying attention shmoopy...she got evicted yesterday. ;)

she got into catty zone and her game was over at that point

too many of the woman that play bb get into that zone and throw their game away

but on bright side she is 10 k richer :animated_bouncy:

I never said I didn't think she is pretty, she is but I only see her as a good commercial model who by the way make good money, I just don't see her on the runways of Paris. And she did win 10 grand, that is not chicken feed

I can't see Monet or Kristen being top high fashion or couture models. Those models own the catwalk, stage what ever the minute they walk onto it. Monet seems a little quiet she can't even handle confrontation. I'd be shocked if either one landed those big modeling jobs.

When I did bridal shows we used the girls who made sure all eyes were on them when they hit the stage.

Not that special - just another B or C list pseudo celebrity trying to milk her 5 minutes of pseudo fame. I have no interest in her beyond the door hitting her in the butt on the way out the BB house door! :animated_wave:

Somebody was savvy enough to see the model in her....too good for ANTM as far as I'm concerned.

Apparently she's modeled at NY Fashion week and St. Louis Fashion Week. Link to pictures and article here

and still more pictures here at Campbell agency

Granted...she's not the next big thing to hit the runway...but she is more established than people here make her out to be.

So she's at the bottom of the modeling world with thousands of other people.

So she's at the bottom of the modeling world with thousands of other people.

Maybe...is that something to be ashamed of? I don't think so...

I guess I don't understand why so many here enjoy knocking her down and taking jabs at her appearance and career as a model...one that she's obviously established in and, imo, rather good at. Plus, add to it that she placed 1st RU in Miss Illinois pageant 2009....I suppose people will look at that as a failure for not winning...give me a break!

When it comes to her BB game though...yes...she deserves a lot of criticism for bad game play and catty/mean girl comments.

Monet certainly seems to have garnered and held viewer interest.

Looks have very little to do with being a successful model or an unsuccessful model. Some really strange-looking people have a love affair with the camera and are successful models/actors/actresses. You would hardly recognize them in person.

What difference does it make whether or not Monet is beautiful? If you find her to be pretty or beautiful or not; then in your eyes she is that. She is gone, anyway, and I think that Monet, herself, would agree that it wasn't her cuppa in the first place. BB wouldn't work for me, either. At this point, I am beginning to wonder why I bother with it at all.

IMO, all kidding aside, I think that they dropped the ball on BB12.

ITA, Slimcruz. I find lots of successful models unattractive. Grace Jones comes to mind. But that IS personal preference.

As far as game play and strategies, BB has definitely dropped the ball with this crew. I think therein lies the problem, viewers have nothing else to criticize so we (they) focus on other things regarding the hg to criticize.

Maybe...is that something to be ashamed of? I don't think so...

I guess I don't understand why so many here enjoy knocking her down and taking jabs at her appearance and career as a model...one that she's obviously established in and, imo, rather good at. Plus, add to it that she placed 1st RU in Miss Illinois pageant 2009....I suppose people will look at that as a failure for not winning...give me a break!

When it comes to her BB game though...yes...she deserves a lot of criticism for bad game play and catty/mean girl comments.

I didn't call her a failure. I just pointed out that she is not a success at modeling yet, because she's at the bottom with most other people. Only a handful of models ever go to the next level.

so true, I think she is really attractive, but in some of those pics I did not think so, thought the bathing suit one was fab, she has a great figure, who knows she could make it to some extent, I think she is into acting as well, and maybe that would be her niche, look at Eva the Diva ,from ANTM, she has gone far, had a pretty good run on the young and the restless. so Monet should pursue her dreams, I just dont think she was cut out for BB, and she definately hooked up with the wrong girl right off,lol

Well pretty is as pretty does and on BB Monet was not so pretty,lol

I pretty much don't like all of them this season. So far, I don't have anything nice to say about any of them. And then to top that, Britney says ugly things about the hgs that makes me laugh out loud but I still don't like her.

Does that make me bad? I think I can handle being bad once a year. I wait year long for BB so that I can be bad and have consistently bad thoughts about all of these people.

After BB in September, I'll go back to being nice again.

I pretty much don't like all of them this season. So far, I don't have anything nice to say about any of them. And then to top that, Britney says ugly things about the hgs that makes me laugh out loud but I still don't like her.

Does that make me bad? I think I can handle being bad once a year. I wait year long for BB so that I can be bad and have consistently bad thoughts about all of these people.

Is it bad, no. Just like movies and celebrities get critiqued why should reality tv people be any different? And as far as I'm concerned if you put yourself in the public eye and act like an ahole then you deserve what you get.

I looked at her pics and I'll stick by what I originally said there is nothing special about her, not in the modeling world anyway. Evidently her career went south, otherwise she wouldn't have applied to be on BB. Unfortunately, in life what holds true is "You're only as good as your last performance" and her last performance sucked.

Is it bad, no. Just like movies and celebrities get critiqued why should reality tv people be any different? And as far as I'm concerned if you put yourself in the public eye and act like an ahole then you deserve what you get.

I looked at her pics and I'll stick by what I originally said there is nothing special about her, not in the modeling world anyway. Evidently her career went south, otherwise she wouldn't have applied to be on BB. Unfortunately, in life what holds true is "You're only as good as your last performance" and her last performance sucked.

That's my point. If they put themselves out there and especially on a reality tv show where you're always viewed in a fishbowl, then they and their behaviors are all open game.

Brittany really cracked me up last nite on BBAD when she said if you could hurt somebody then go back in time and undo it with the pool stick :animated_rotfl::animated_rotfl:

When Britney tells the story about how Kristen and Hayden are twins she always adds how Monet, the couture model was the one to discover it.

She also said that she asked Monet if she ever saw them kissing and Monet said no way.

Good thing this couple was broken up because their smarts could be dangerous in this game. :rollseyes:

Archived