Televised Show Discussion

Guest Pecker

"Truth" or "real" are a relative terms. BB is produced to be entertainment, not a documentary. I watch both the show and the live feeds and so far I have not seen any editing changes that would out of line with what I saw on the feeds. BB producers are trying to make an compelling TV show, so what gets included is going to be those moments that make the show get good ratings for those who do not have the feeds. It is a given that those willing to pay to watch the feeds are going to watch the show no matter how goodbad it might be, but to keep the average TV watcher coming back, the show needs to be exciting to watch. Sometimes a HG's individual traitsflaws will be maginified, but I do beleive the HGs are warned in advance that how they seen on TV may not properly reflect who they truly are as a person.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Witness

I think Julie's just getting bored doing the show. She's fumbling up all over the place this year.

Also, read the live feed thread, the food competition took forever yesterday (Friday) because Kayzar was fumbling on the what the foods were and their pronunciation. If you watched tonight's, you'll notice it looked hacked up a bit.

Guest chyron1

BB is supposed to reflect *real* people's reactions to being couped up in a house with cameras and microphones everywhere. That is they way they advertise it...*real* people. If you start editing people the way you want to, but it doesn't reflect who they really are, then we as TV viewers are NOT seeing the people as they are, and there is a problem. To edit is to condense like I said. I realize it is entertainment and not a documentary, but the entertainment lies in how *real* people react to the game.

I've been watching BB since BB3 and the way the shows are edited together has been consistent. BB does focus on the most exciting moments, and sometime the finer details do not make it on to the show. People in this forum who watch the same feeds at the same time disagree on what happen depending who they favor, so it does not surprise me that feed watchers are not always happy with how their favorite HGs are portrayed on the show. Undoubtedly friends and family of the individual HGs find the show does not correctly reflect the person they have known for untold years.

Guest Shockalot

Well Im not sure what the problem is or isnt, but Kaysar has said a lot worse things since HoH than simply "Its all out war now'.

Things like "They are totally fucked"

"We will blow them wide open"

"We will make them turn on each other"

Etc etc. things like that.

"All out War' hardly seems to be that bad of an editing job?

I dont think they could have really aired half the stuff Kays said on National TV anyways.

Janelle had 36 and Maggie had 97

correct

i re-watched the show tonite

i think it was like last years where they were asked the questions ahead of time

because how do you have a majority if there is an even number of players (which at times there had to be)

these questions were asked previously so therefore the majority's answer was known before they answered

hope that made sense!

Now that all of the couples have been outed, and that was Julies big tag line for this Thurs show, We will reveal theat all the HG have a pair, what will they do? It obviously is a waste of airtime to reveal that on the air. They know that most BB fans have the live feeds or watch these boards. They are gonna need to pull something out to make this weeks Thurs show interesting. Either the votes turn and Eric stays (that would be interesting), or they will need to throw something new in. Cuz telling the HG's that everyone is paired up will be anti-climactic.

Dep

Yeah .. well they could sort of tell that when Julie admitted to the evicted houseguest that the prize would be 1 million .. and they had no reaction to that or the fact that everyone was a partner.

But she has to tell them about the increased prize.

Also not everyone gets the live feeds they ahve like 10 million viewers for some shows .. and I think only several hunder thousand people get the feeds ..

One thing it will do when Julie tells the houseguest that Everyone is paired will prove that Ivette,April,beau and Jenny are big fat liars (last i saw on the feeds last night none of those 4 admitted they were partnerd)and will annoy the others because while they were all giving some of themselves to the group about themselves and their partners those 4 were lieing threw there teeth.

And it will give the remaining partners a bigger incentive to remain in the house together..i think it will make the game harder for the partners and more enjoyable for the non partnered people.

Now that all of the couples have been outed, and that was Julies big tag line for this Thurs show, We will reveal theat all the HG have a pair, what will they do? It obviously is a waste of airtime to reveal that on the air. 

Dep

Yeah...this surprise as far as the HG's reactions when they are told live on Thursday night is gonna be like a great big lead balloon! :(

Wait till Kaysar finds out that James and Sarah lied to him about being paired up... the proverbial s**t will hit the fan.

Am I wrong or did James and Sarah swear to Kaysar that they were not together?

Guest chyron1

LOL...

""They are totally fucked... We will blow them wide open...We will make them turn on each other"
is MILD compared to what has been said in that house. LOL Think about some things Ivette has said, Eric, James, just about everyone. No, if a person is meek 99 percent of the time, and they had ONE moment that they weren't, and you edit them as though they are always ranting and raving, making people believe that is the way they are. *that* is dishonest to me. That is NOT the way the person is at all, but they are simply being portrayed that way. Perhaps some people disagree and think it's ok to do that. It might be better for the game, and maybe more fun. It's just good that so many people get the *live* feeds to let them know what a person is *really* like, and not just how they are "edited" for TV.

kaysar knew james was lying to his face, thats why he put him up for nomination.

then as soon as james and sarah confessed (after nomination) they realized eric was stabbing him in the back by rallying up votes for maggie. he met up with kaysar again and realized that they got his trust, so they did all they could so POV would be in their favor. then james ended up winning, making him on his side... puttin eric on th eblock

tues episode will explain it better.. hopefully

I'm confused. Is the problem that he made mention of war or that he made mention of war and is of Iraqi decent? I'm all about being PC but aren't we being a little hyper-critical? He used a common metaphore that all Americans use. It's obviously not intended to have a two-sided meaning.

BB showed Kaysar saying something like it's all out war now.....I am so very disappointed that they edited that way...

He said what he said. Period. They can't edit the show to put words in his mouth. If he doesn't want to put it out there to be heard, then he shouldn't say it.

If Janelle didn't want to appear a gold digger, she shouldn't have speculated in the diary room as to whether or not Michael has money.

Guest chyron1

I'm happy that *most* people will know what he meant by it. There's just a few that will make an issue out of it. It's just like when crappy said he'd push Janelle into traffic. I don't think anyone sincerely believes he'd do that. Some people will find negativety in anything. (sigh)

A great deal of editing, There are alot of people who do not visit BB forums and have internet access,I 've noticed a bunch of new people here who never even thought about BB spoilers... so I think the show will go on as planned.

I don't think Kaysar is getting THAT bad of a rap. Although some houseguests like Jennifer never get ANY rap. I sometimes forget she's in the house. Does she hide in a corner? BB6 has shown like 3 interviews of her. Hopefully she doesn't pull a cowboy and sneak to the final two. She is def. the type of player that and HoH would say "we'll get her next week" until BAM shes holding 1 million dollars.

Jen and April also confessed last night... That leaves only the lying pair of Beau and Ivette...

Ivette confessed at least to april, jen and Cappy that her and Beau are paired .. but only through the restuarant and they hardly know each other, and so it's still not fair .. wah, wah, wah ..