Visitors In The Bb House

laladoopiedu

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A mini Mad Hatter, a Pirate, & a Barbershop Quartet..., numbers... numbers... numbers... Ace, Three... Ten... Seven... Bunnies... And Marble Man's poses... Hmmmmm....

Most of the quotations and proverbs have been given proper attribution, but a few have not. So, to complete the list here ya go:

Mini Mad Hatters Quotations & Proverbs:

1. American Anon: "A snitch in time saves nine."
  2. Abraham Lincoln: "There is no little enemy."
  3. Sir Walter Scott: "What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."
  4. Benjamin Franklin: "Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead."
  5. Benjamin Franklin: "Fish and visitors stink after three days."
Pirate Quotations & Proverbs
  1. Gore Vidal: "It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail.”
  2. Lord Byron, in his dedication to Don Juan: “And after all, what is a lie but the truth in masquerade.”
  3. Old West Cowboy proverb: “Always drink upstream from the herd.”
Note: Benjamin Franklin: "A stitch in time saves nine."

F. Monk

Also, rabbits are known for their reproductive capabilities. Perhaps 6 more vetoes have been added to the game...?

We had once speculated that it'd be interesting if BB added more than one veto comp per week to shake it up....

The thing is, this has to be something that the HGs can figure out and there is no way that they would be expected to to know who said all the phrases. Gee, the 'good people' can barely even keep the words straight in the phrases. It really has to much more simple.

It's probably just something for the HOH competition. Memorizing what was said to answer questions in the HOH comp. BB probably just added so much to give the HGs something to do.

Remember in BB7 with past HGs coming back as 'ghosts' for the HOH comp.

(Hopefully the comp won't be faulty where they have to redo it later in the night and let Dick or Daniele win like last year when Janelle won. I don't think they did that on purpose, but a lot of people do.)

A snitch in time saves nine: A snitch in time saves nine =) Well done, nice job bringing Harry Potter into the world of the Police... The only other reference with that exact quote was a link back to Morty's LOL...

As Catniptoy listed above, it's actually "a stitch in time saves nine" - the idea of mending a tear before it becomes a great rip.

Yes Katy I know, but when they asked the little person if he was saying a snitch or a stitch, he looked at the words printed for him and said "snitch"

Ol' Ben Franklin & I share grandparents. His grandfather "Peter Folger" is my 8th Great grandfather. In searching out my genealogy, I've read a great many books on his life and proverbs. In my readings, I've come across enough instances where "professional" attribution is incorrect, to be suspicious. In the case of "There is no little enemy", I've looked this one up before and been unable to find the original source which gives the context in which this quotation was given. That's why I chose honest Abe. Abe's has the earliest legit source/context I could find.

For me this one is a: "Who really knows???" In the context of BB-8... I can't believe that who said what even matters...

F. Monk

Um actually I know my own families history and I know that my family NEVER got any such things... The land they lived on was taken by force... That's all I need to know thank you...

My answer to you was that this isn't the place and time for this... This is a place to talk about Big Brother not about people sailing the ocean taking land from people that had lived there for 100's of years...

:eek: This is just my thoughts:

A snitch in time saves nine: Some investment bankers went out and charged over 67,000 on the company accounts, then charged clients to recoup the cost. When the bank found out, all were fired except the one, the one that told on the others.

Fish and Visitors stick after three days: Thursday Eviction then HOH, immediate nominations, Sunday (3 days later) eviction and new HOH

There is no little enemy: make friend of your enemies (Keep your friends close and your enemies closer)

What a tangled web we weave, when first we pratice to decieve: all the lying that goes on, to people and behind people, you have to remember what lie you said, to what person, and add another to cover the lie. This would cover Dustin, Amber and Eric (AP) the most

Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead: this just means as soon as you tell a secret, it is a secret no longer, it's going to get around to others

It's not enough to suceed - others must fail: You get ahead or win HOH, veto or the game, others have to fail at their attempts.

Always drink upstream from the herd: don't let others pollute your mind, keep your thoughts clear.

After all what is a lie, but the truth in masquerade: You can perceive things into your own truth, then it is in masquerade, You believe what you want to believe as the truth

Statue as to do with double eviction week (being by a door, meaning leaving)

bow and arrow - meaning a target

Thinking - you have to make a conscious and rational decisions which to evict

Pleading, begging - your case to stay to everyone before veto use or the vote, one last statement

Shock

Archived