Dick Week 4

CeCiMom

Of course everyone acts shady in this game, Dick can't see everyone else plotting against him. He is lashing out at the ones who's alliances have been outed, and goes off on them to make sure they don't get back on track. It might not be smart, but it's what he's doing. He will go off on Dustin soon, because of the way he played the Veto. He only goes after threats he can see.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dick will do it to a man. It's just that the woman are the ones acting shady right now that he can see.

Please...you can't truly believe this. Nick has only been loyal to Dani since the game start, Zack has gone back and forth numerous times and Dustin can't make up his mind from one minute to the next. So to say that Jen is the only shady character is ridiculous.

Please...you can't truly believe this. Nick has only been loyal to Dani since the game start, Zack has gone back and forth numerous times and Dustin can't make up his mind from one minute to the next. So to say that Jen is the only shady character is ridiculous.

Read my other post and I explain it.

you know what is just as bothersome? when dick goes off on someone in front of everyone else.. and not one person.. not ONE PERSON will stand up and say ENOUGH!

i mean... what about the other men in the house???? where are their balls????? has anyone checked? what kind of man lets another man go off like that? so what if nobody likes jen... heck, i dont care for her, but even i would have stood up and said... "ok, this is has got to stop.. enough is enough"

i dont know... i know men like Dick.. who just cant seem to keep their mouths shut...in the end, they only hurt themselves.

Of course everyone acts shady in this game, Dick can't see everyone else plotting against him. He is lashing out at the ones who's alliances have been outed, and goes off on them to make sure they don't get back on track. It might not be smart, but it's what he's doing. He will go off on Dustin soon, because of the way he played the Veto. He only goes after threats he can see.

You call it lashing out, I call it harrassment/abuse.

Patty - Dick is a "crusty flabby old guy"?

Ouch! That hits pretty close to home! Couldn't you have said "middle-aged guy"? He's only 44.

I insist on being the only old guy around here.

You call it lashing out, I call it harrassment/abuse.

We go through this every year.

It's part of the game. They signed waivers and were told that it might happen. It happened before and nothing was done. This isn't real life.

you know what is just as bothersome? when dick goes off on someone in front of everyone else.. and not one person.. not ONE PERSON will stand up and say ENOUGH!

that really IS the most annoying part of watching him, i do wish someone would tell him to stfu, but no one even says 'hey lets go talk about her over here, she's not worth the last of your smoke-laced breath'......they all suck ass as much as he does....i know a lot of people loved howie and hated april, but even with that, when it goes on and on i dont want to hear it anymore

while i admire jen for taking it with a smile (i'd be blubbering almost a bad as amber....ok, well no), i also kinda get annoyed at jen because i really do think if he was going off this crazily and incessantly on amber he'd get kicked out of the house

which all leads me to believe, its scripted....is anything real on reality anymore?

you know what is just as bothersome? when dick goes off on someone in front of everyone else.. and not one person.. not ONE PERSON will stand up and say ENOUGH!...

I agree with you on that Fizzle, no one in that house ever dares to stand up to Dick because Dick has them all intimidated...they're afraid he may come after them, next...and it sucks, cuz they're the majority and he's just one person. I guess they figure that if Dick goes far enough, BB will do something, so they don't have to. They're a pathetic group of people, indeed.

I agree with you on that Fizzle, no one in that house ever dares to stand up to Dick because Dick has them all intimidated...they're afraid he may come after them, next...and it sucks, cuz they're the majority and he's just one person. I guess they figure that if Dick goes far enough, BB will do something, so they don't have to. They're a pathetic group of people, indeed.

Reminds me of Cappy.

We go through this every year.

It's part of the game. They signed waivers and were told that it might happen. It happened before and nothing was done. This isn't real life. [/quote

We do? I've never seen it at this level.

I am the first one to admit that I watch the show for entertainment purposes and I also think that once they put their names on paper their open to all kinds of criticisms, but this goes beyond criticisms...this guy is a woman hater and if it is scripted then let's say CBS are women haters too.

I think I remember Dick (talking to himself earlier in the feeds) that he's making "good tv" and perhaps he's caught up in the thinking that his rants and attacks are 'good tv'. I'm with Oldguy in that I go back and forth about Dick.

I really, really don't like how far he takes his abusive language to Jen, though. HOWever, Jen is very, very intelligent. I think she could talk circles around Dick and insult him six ways from Sunday and he'd be sitting there saying "Huh?!" and never know what hit... if she chose to. So, those of you that think she's using his attacks and her non-responsiveness as strategy are probably right on target.

Dick's talks with Dani are frustrating me because I can really identify with his frustration - and with hers!! If they could only step outside of their own perspectives long enough to just talk!! Dick, though, really could make huge strides with Dani if he would step away from how their relationship has affected him or hurt him or any mention of any wrong doing he saw in Dani's part for a while.

He could really make a huge impact if all he did was listen and when she said something, just repeated it back - acknowledged it and then Shut his mouth - and not start immediately telling her what she did wrong. He could get to his issues later. Same would be true of Dani - but she's almost still a child, in a way. She's not even 21, yet. He can be the 'fallable old curmudgeon cool guy later and just be her father for now - if he wants to make any headway.

I love psychology. (Of course I think I know it all!) What really is so nice about this forum is there are so many of you that have really clear insights in the workings of human nature!! You are all a pleasure to read and open my eyes to new perspectives all the time.

Just when I thought I knew it all... (Just joking, folks!!) I'm amazed every, single day at how I managed to reach this extremely old age (and it is definitely over 50) and still have so much to learn!!!!

Oooops - another rambling off.... definite sign of old age. Have pity on Dick... he is only rambling on and repeating himself over and over sometimes because maybe he's suffering from old-timer's disease.

Kat

i dont even know if its because they are intimidated by him. i mean, come on... jameka has told him where she stands and he doesnt mess with her now, daniele tells him off, jen and kail havent really coward to him, they do tend to talk back to him ... and all the guys have more muscles so why would they be afraid of him? remember week one when they were all saying they would be afraid to see what eric would do if they put him up on the block??? even dick was saying it.

so why doesnt anyone say anything??????????? is it because they really do like it when he does that but will never admit it? or is it because they just dont have the balls and are too lazy to help? either way they are all guilty and should stand beside Dick as we throw PICKLES at them! (thanks to Dawnie for the pickles)

We do? I've never seen it at this level.

I am the first one to admit that I watch the show for entertainment purposes and I also think that once they put their names on paper their open to all kinds of criticisms, but this goes beyond criticisms...this guy is a woman hater and if it is scripted then let's say CBS are women haters too.

Yes, every year someone is called a woman hater. Someone cusses too much. Someone personally attacks someone else. It's the same thing every year.

Oh Kat I was thinking about writing something along those lines. I am not an eloquent writer like you are but I think like you.

What I want to express is I don't think Dick's words are real. I have always thought that Dick's rants are what he thinks is good TV. I don't think he is violent or would act on any threats. I think he feels a responsibility to put on a good show. I think he wants to do a little Howie show. I see the softer side of Dick as being real. JMO.

Think of it this way....when have any of them actually taken a stand in this game. They all play follow the leader, they are afraid to speak up most of the time (even on non-Dick) related things. So, I guess my point is that I think they're all missing the part of the brain that makes decisions in the BB house (unless you're HOH and then your brain becomes the size of California and their intelligence knows no boundaries) so why should they actually take a stand and put their butts on the line?

Marty, would you ever think it would be OK for a man to talk to your daughter (not sure if you have a daughter, so lets say hypothetically) like Dick talks to Jen, act or not?

I doubt anyone here would think it was OK, so I'm not sure why you make so many excuses for this barbarian, and that's just what he is.

If a man ever said those things to my wife if we were out in public, I'd knock him out. Straight up and period.

i dont think dick can be called a woman hater, he went off on nick, too, and that's a guy. he just hasnt had problems with any more of the guys. but gosh i cant say that if i was in that house with amber crying ALL the time, and Jen, though it was only once, crying over her picture, go off on some people myself.

It doesn't matter if it it fake or real...the language is offensive and it's intent to degrade women is still there.

Man, I wish I could pull every thread where someone said they were offended by something because I can't believe this guy defended every twist and turn.

It doesn't matter if it it fake or real...the language is offensive and it's intent to degrade women is still there.

The intent was to degrade Jen, not woman everywhere. That's what personal attacks do.

Archived