Dick Week 4

CeCiMom

Yes because, as we all know, a woman dressing in skimpy outfits is MUCH worse than a man telling another woman he hopes she dies a horrible death...which goes right along with his earlier comment "I can't wait to feel the bones in your throat crush beneath my fingertips".

Honestly, some of you make me ill.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's all okay because Jen is disliked. I also think the way someone dresses has no bearing on the way they should be treated. Goes back to why women do not report rapes..."people will say well she dressed like that and she deserved it".

If I was in the house I would stand up for her and for any other women (men too)....my feeling is they are all jealous of Jen and couldn't care less how she is talked to.

To answer to Xal

Marty, would you ever think it would be OK for a man to talk to your daughter (not sure if you have a daughter, so lets say hypothetically) like Dick talks to Jen, act or not?

I would hope my daughter never goes on a reality show. I know her she never would. She is not into attention. You have to admit that people go on the shows because they are attention whores and they love the drama. Everyone that applied for Big Brother knew that there would be stress and backstabbing and lying and hate and shi+ talk. The nature of Big Brother.

Dick is the biggest hypocritical, no-class pig!!! He goes off on Jen about what he said she did to Jameka, but yet he is one that was wayyyy on board for putting up Nick and getting him off!! Now, he is sitting there acting like a coward and not admitting it to Nick's face that he wants him gone!!! The only time Dick gets any b*lls is when he is bullying a woman!! Wow, he is soooo real!

Eh, if people knew what I did for a living and what I see and hear every week maybe they'd understand why I always get a bit upset when things like this are discussed and people think it's OK. When you come from my background you take things like this seriously because when you allow "caveats" in instances like this, you open the door and generally the person in question will walk right through it. I would never tell my daughter "honey, it's ok for him to talk that way to her because it's a game show". That would be poor parenting. These are real people in that house and it's not acting (at least I don't believe it is). There are real emotions there. People don't just become robots when they go onto BB.

This is a REALITY show.
Yep, and in reality, people shouldn't talk to other people like that.

If a man ever talked to me like Dick did to Jen... I hope everyone knows that I am perfectly capable of standing up for myself. I do not need any man to stand up for me or for other people to say that he is degrading all women because of anything a man says to me. Any guy biatching at me would be talking to me & me alone & I am a big girl who is quite capable of taking care of myself. As a matter of fact the guy would probably leave me worse off than he came. Until women start standing up for themselves & quit expecting a big strong man to swoop in & take care of their problems, women will never be treated or paid equal to men :grin2:

dumblonde.. i will have to agree with you on that one. I too would not take anyone's crap like that. i grew up a very shy timid girl... but sometime in my 20's i grew a backbone and decided i would no longer let anyone.. man, woman, boss, stranger..... anyone use me like a doormat.

and i would be the one to stand up for anyone.. even if i didnt like them.

FYI to all the MEN OUT THERE a heads up... .... no matter where you are.. in person or on a message board, using the "C" word is probably the worse offense towards a woman...

I work in crisis management Fizzle. I deal with things like this every week. I can assure you women who are emotionally abused with the threat of violence and putting them physically down consistently is MUCH worse.

The C word is just a word, and while it's not nice (I never claimed it was nice when I said it and I'd never say it to a woman's face) I can assure you there are things much, much worse.

I can assure you intimidation is much, much worse for most people than being called the C word. Thank you for continuing your backhand comments, however.

I vote to evict.......................oh right, we aren't in the BB house. Lets stop acting like it. I don't know any of you, but I won't shun you because we don't believe the same thing.

Xal.. i think you need to work on your anger management.. because YOU frighten me. you really do. when i read your post in attention to me, my face gets flushed and my heart races, and i kinda have hot flashes.. its not a good feeling.

and while you have edited your original post.. its burned into my memory. thanks a lot. maybe a change in jobs might be in order.

The C word is just a word,

Xal, of course one can't compare words to actual physical intimidation.

But I'm with Fizzle here. Words are hugely powerful weapons that intimidate in a very dangerous and insidious way.

The C word is a horrible, horrible weapon that is used to denigrate and debase women.

It appears that we are now stuck on the "c" word and how awful it is. Now I wonder, if Dick had called Jen the "c" word would everybody be in agreeance that he abused/harrassed her?

So, he could say he wants to bitch slap her, put his hands around her throat, call her a f*ck hundreds of times, call her bitch as well and she could die a painful and slow death, but it's all words for effect. If he was to call her the "c" word then he means business, because that is degrading to women.

Not so Ginger--I think all the insults, threats, swearing, etc that he's done have been equally degrading and insulting

(equally?---don't know if you can quantify stuff like that...).

I was just agreeing with Fizz though, about the power of that one word. The C-word.

I hear that word, and I physically cringe.

I was thinking the same thing, Ginger...but I don't think so, because I've heard Nick use the "c" word (and not just the first letter, like Xal did) referring to Jen with Dick and others repeatedly, yet everybody is mourning his possible eviction...so maybe the disgust for the "c" word is also selective here. JMO

Archived