Dick Week 4

CeCiMom

...Have pity on Dick...

Yeah, and he probably had a bad childhood too...Sorry Kat, I save my pity for the victim, not the Jerk who constantly seeks her to puke his rage on her just cuz he can...

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good or bad, I found myself agreeing with every single word Dick said to Jen.

...because you, just like Dick, know Jen so well.

So every single word huh? You think she should die a horrible death huh? You would compare her to Sadaam Hussein?

Well, at least your screen name fits the way you talk here sometimes.

"Dick will do it to a man. It's just that the woman are the ones acting shady right now that he can see."

I know Ginger responded to this but I have to second the "you've got to be kidding me" comment. What I hear in the above is 'She [or insert your disruptive/shady woman name here] deserves it.' I might be taking this to the extreme [and taking it personally] and perhaps these arguments are scripted or whatever and I should just chill but these comments are ridiculous. To say that Jen is baiting Dick or asking to be cussed out and intensely insulted is beyond words for me. Why is it so hard to say that Dick is an a**hole? Or that he needs to have BB at least talk to him about his temper [which makes me wonder if they actually like this type of drama, if not script it, encourage it]? Why do we have to say 'oh, he just has no self-control'? So, because he has no self-control those in the house should just be okay with that and do what they can to NOT set him off. UGH!!! The house may be *game* but the message it sends out to those viewing the feeds (if they don't show it on the tv edits) is that this type of behavior is, well, in the words of Dick himself, "it is what it is." That meaning, okay or at least entertaining. I have a real problem with that.

And Dick doesn't--or not as visciously-- go off on men. He complains about Dustin but he hasn't gone off on him like he has on Jen. I'm referring here to the whole pov fiasco.

As I said before, he's a bully. And he does seem to develop dysfunctional relationships with women. Doesn't mean the women deserve to be humiliated or so visciously verbally attacked. If he had the intellect and finesse, he'd know how to goad Jen without the crass verbal concoctions he creates.... There are better ways to play the game.... Man I'm really missing Will right now--and I was never a big fan....

Marty - you nailed it exactly. And, in the beginning, he was being cheered for saying all the things everyone wanted to say but were afraid to.

It's easy to forget that they are being monitored and watched every second. If any of the recipients of Dick's tongue lashings truly felt threatened, they would have immediate redress. Remember (was his name Justin??) from Season 2 ((Oooohhhh - my fading mind)) that was removed for holding the knife to Boogie's (later on) squeeze? I cannot believe I can't remember their names. The guy was pretty psycho and the producers took him out. They separated Cappy and Mike during their poolside confrontation.

I definitely agree with you, Marty. Dick has shown a very tender side to some of the others, at times - but he's savvy enough to know that he gets more camera time as the aggressive bully than the sensitive father figure.

Kat

he has gone off on nick. sorry, but i never said i think what he's doing is okay, but they ALL signed up for this show and shouldve known stuff like this happens. we dont know any of the HGs on a personal level so saying dick is a woman hater is just as bad as saying what dick said was deserved in jens case

i agree yada, everyone talks about everyone, dicks more vocal and more agressive, its his personality,just like its ambers to cry all of the time.

It has nothing to do with the rules, Yada, and everything to do with being a good human being. It's not against the damn law to say what he's saying either, but most rational, good human beings realize it's not proper.

The sad fact is many of you allow your irrational Jen hatred to cloud your judgment that every single one of us was brought up (at least I hope so) not to treat people that way. On top of that, I believe most men were brought up ESPECIALLY not to treat women like that. In some circles men who talk like that to women are DEEPLY frowned upon and even shunned as pigs.

You know damn well if any man for any reason talked to your wives, daughters or any other family members like that you'd be livid, but since it's just Jen and you don't like her to begin with, it's perfectly all right.

That, my friends, is defined as hypocrisy.

The intent was to degrade Jen, not woman everywhere. That's what personal attacks do.

Speak for yourself because, as a woman, daughter and sister, watching him doing that makes me feel degraded and disrespected.

... I think Jen in fact encourages him to keep going.

Yeah. He goes into the room where she is and starts bashing her...but she is the one encouraging him to do that.

Wasn't that what people would say about women who got beaten by their husbands, and women who got raped?...That they somehow provoked it so it was okay and they deserved what they got?... Sad to see that train of thought still exists.

Howie and Dick are not alike. Howie went off because he was lied to and betrayed brutally in the game. And the things he said to April were nowhere near what Dick has said to Kail and Jen. Dick probably has the most power in the game. He hasn't been betrayed brutally by anyone (if you want to include Kail... that really didn't go anywheres.)

Speak for yourself because, as a woman, daughter and sister, watching him doing that makes me feel degraded and disrespected.

He never once said anything about women in general. I don't understand why you would feel degraded.

Howie was worse in my eyes because Howie went after Aprils husband and dog. Thats going after somebodies family.

I dont see dick raging against women in genral. I see him raging against people he feels wronged him whether its nick, jen or kail.

The sad fact is many of you allow your irrational Jen hatred to cloud your judgment that every single one of us was brought up (at least I hope so) not to treat people that way. On top of that, I believe most men were brought up ESPECIALLY not to treat women like that. In some circles men who talk like that to women are DEEPLY frowned upon and even shunned as pigs.

You know damn well if any man for any reason talked to your wives, daughters or any other family members like that you'd be livid, but since it's just Jen and you don't like her to begin with, it's perfectly all right.

That, my friends, is defined as hypocrisy.

sooooo... it was ok that you called one of the female houseguest the "C" word the other day? that was ok?

Pot~Kettle

The closest I have come to feeling degraded all season is when Jen walks around with her entire ass hanging out of her swimsuit. I think women who dress like that are a bit degrading to us all but I still seem to make it thru the day.

High-five, dumblonde!

You are NO dumblonde!!!

Fizzle, I am not in that house. I didn't say that to her. I wasn't in her face. It was an offhand comment on these message boards.

If you cannot see the difference between that and saying to someone's face they should die a horrible death, calling them every name in the book and then comparing them to Sadaam Hussein, I'm totally, completely and 100% done with you here as a poster.

You do so love making these ridiculous comparisons though.

Archived