Dick Week 3 - H O H

CeCiMom

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not too surprising that Danielle acts bratty and isn't really trying in the relationship with her father...Most 20 yr olds aren't mature enough to deal with difficult issues....Oh, I remember being that age and thinking how stupid my parents were...Now, I am 45 and I am amazed at how much my parents have learned since that time... ;)

In the Dick/Dani heart to heart Dani said that when she got a BF is when Dick started getting mad because things changed & she didn't have as much time to return his calls.

Sheesh Methos, I know I was a total jackass from age 15 to age 25 :animated_rotfl:

well... i think the people that just watch the show liked kail because she seemed to be the most normal.. married, kids.. blablabla..

my sister usually shares the feeds with me, but this year her computer crashed, so she was left with just watching the show... so it was no surprise that her favorite was kail... :huh: that was until last thursday.. when they showed kail going around to the whole house and even daniele trying her hardest to get dick voted out... my sister then said she was changing her mind about kail...

then on Saturday my sister got that itch and called the cable company to get showtime.. :animated_bouncy: so she could see more of these idiots and now she dislikes kail even more! AND... she likes Dick which she didnt before.. and she felt sorry for daniele via the show.. but now she doesnt cause she sees how she treats dick and she too thinks she acts like a spoiled brat.

so yeah, i think that poll is tilted more on the side of what the people that watch just the show and no feeds or showtime.

I remember hearing that now. I think that was Daniele's take on it though because just after that was when Dick reminded her how the week before HE didn't call HER back soon enough and SHE was so mad at him SHE then left him nasty messages. She didn't deny it at all. That right there tells me she wants what she wants from her Dad when she wants it.

It's not too surprising that Danielle acts bratty and isn't really trying in the relationship with her father...Most 20 yr olds aren't mature enough to deal with difficult issues....Oh, I remember being that age and thinking how stupid my parents were...Now, I am 45 and I am amazed at how much my parents have learned since that time...

I am so tired of hearing that she is ONLY 20 years old and her behavior is normal. She will be 21 in a few days not that it makes a difference.

You say most 20 years old aren't mature enough to deal with difficult issues. I think was dealing with those kind of issues my whole childhood. I was on my own and supporting myself at age 16.

Dani is cute and blonde and has a hold over the men in her life. She has not had to grow up because they give her a free pass. I think Dick is way to easy on her.

I just cringe when they call him ED. I also don't like that Kail will only call him Evil. She said once if you repeat something enough times people will believe it. The ED started because Jameka could not find it in her heart to call him Evil (Evel) and the Dick part was obscene to her also. So she started the ED.

ED <------------- screem.

Dani is cute and blonde and has a hold over the men in her life. She has not had to grow up because they give her a free pass. I think Dick is way to easy on her.

I agree! He was pissed as hell last night when Dani and him went into the HoH room, but he "removed" himself from the anger he had toward the other HGs and he completely became a little kitten to appease her. It was disgusting. She was being selfish and bratty and she avoided his question, which was a good one.

On the other hand, although he didn't comment on the reason she called him into the room, I think he heard what she was saying about pissing the other HGs off with his ego/attitude. I don't have the live feed so I don't know how he's acted since last night's episode, but I'd be willing to bet his attitude has improved some. Can anybody tell me? :cartoon_tinkerbell:

dick also was talking to dustin after that and had said something that i think a lot of people tend to forget or overlook.

he said that he has no clue how a teenage girl feels because he has never been one. but one of the reasons he and his son get along so well is because he is a guy and has been there done that..... but he will never experience being a girl so he will never know how daniele feels or what she needs. and that is also something daniele needs to realize too.

I think CBS has succeeded in stirring up a lot of passions in us regarding Dani and Dick. Many of us have had less than stellar childhoods. Probably many people have children who won't talk to them, who are brats. I think most of us can identify with either Dick or Dani, and that causes us to feel upset with them when they don't react the way we would react. The fact is that most of us don't know how we would react to having our daughter/father with us 24/7 in a little house, without being able to escape from them from time to time, and that isn't even taking into account a history that has a lot of hurt/betrayal/abuse--whatever their past may be together.

One of my favorite sayings is "Children learn what they live." I think Dani learned how to act from her father, and maybe absorbed her grandparents' attitudes about her father, as well. So, they are alike in many ways, but she does see herself as better than him, because she feels she won't make the bad choices he has made in life.

In the conversation in the HOH, Dani was trying to tell him how the house perceived him. She was yelling at him, which wasn't the right way to approach it. And he was changing the subject and asking her how he can approach her. Both of them were wrong. She wanted him to say, "Thanks for telling me how the house feels, Dani. Thanks for giving me the heads up. I'll try to do better." He didn't say any of that, and she felt he wasn't listening to what she was saying. On the other hand, he wanted her to say to him, "Dad, I want to work things out with you, and it would help if you would do X, Y, and Z." She didn't say any of that. He chose the wrong time to bring it up to her. But then, she doesn't want to work any of this out in front of the t.v. viewers. She doesn't want to deal with it right now. That's her right. It really, really is. Whether he likes that or not, or whether it makes her a brat or not. She's immature, she has a bad temper, she's sarcastic, and she has a "princess" attitude. In other words, she's just like her Dad.

I agree. Depending on your past, you probably have an opinion either way. If you are a parent yourself or had a good childhood with your parent, you'll probably side with Dick. If you have no children and had a bad relationship with your parents, then you probably sympathize with Dani.

dick also was talking to dustin after that and had said something that i think a lot of people tend to forget or overlook.

he said that he has no clue how a teenage girl feels because he has never been one. but one of the reasons he and his son get along so well is because he is a guy and has been there done that..... but he will never experience being a girl so he will never know how daniele feels or what she needs. and that is also something daniele needs to realize too.

That's crap. No father that I know has ever been a teenage girl and they get along fine with their daughters. He just keeps coming up with excuses. Someone mentioned that my hatred of Dick is blinding me to Dani's faults. Maybe. But besides the relationship with his daughter. . . he's just a bully. What you guys see as honest and good game playing, I see as weak game playing. His strategy is intimidation, nothing more. Good game players keep their cards close to their chest. Dr. Will, one of the best players ever, was also one of the biggest liars in the house. Everyone loved him for it. But now you fault anyone in the house who has lied and call them fake. Your obsessive Love of Dick is blinding you.

I don't love Dick. I think he can be a big jerk and egotistical and a bully at times. I do like him as part of the "show" Big Brother. I do feel sorry for him when he has tried to reach out to Daniele and she snubs him. I do see that he is a softy when it comes to his daughter and he is very pained about their relationship.

Thats it...

Jersey

That's crap. No father that I know has ever been a teenage girl and they get along fine with their daughters. He just keeps coming up with excuses.

I had the father from Hell that dumped me when I was 7 years old. I heard from him 2 times from the age of 7 to age 15. When my relatives got tired of me he was forced to take me in his home. He didn't have a clue how to raise me. He was an asshole but I never thought to act the way that Daniele does. I treated him with aloof respect until he died when I was 29.

You say most 20 years old aren't mature enough to deal with difficult issues. I think was dealing with those kind of issues my whole childhood. I was on my own and supporting myself at age 16.

Yep, I do say most because most aren't. Danielle appears to be one of those who can't. Now, don't misunderstand me. I am not making excuses for her behavior. She needs to grow up and, imo, do 1 of 2 things...Either sever all ties and relationship with her father and go their seperate ways.... or quit being a brat and make a genuine effort and developing a relationship.

...Either sever all ties and relationship with her father and go their seperate ways.... or quit being a brat and make a genuine effort and developing a relationship.

I vote for the latter... family is so important in your life, you should try and do anything to preserve it.

That's crap. No father that I know has ever been a teenage girl and they get along fine with their daughters.

is it crap? my father wanted a boy and got 3 girls. to this day he still says he had no clue how to raise girls and gives all the credit to my mother. i was daddy's little princess until i was about 11 or 12 and then i was a brat. then i totally disappointed him in my teen years because he just didnt understand me.. and really, nobody did. i brought him and my mother to tears when i was 15. my father took it the worse.. and looking back i can see why.

i can only imagine how hard it was on all of them... the kids were raised by the grandparents, the mother??? who knows where she was... and dick coming and going trying to be there when he could (from bits and pieces i gather this is the way it was?) from the sounds of it, the grandmother wasnt all peaches and cream either....

How do we know how Dick really is with Danielle or has been with her outside the house? How do we know that he isn't just putting on a positive appearance whenever he interacts with Danielle? I'm not saying this is the case, but one possibility for Danielle's high level of frustration with Dick might be because he's putting on a "good Dad" show for the viewers when she knows him to be different outside the house.

As Dick says, it's all about perception -- and he seems to be pretty good at manipulating how the viewers perceive him.

Archived