CeCiMom

Jameka-793608.jpg

Jameka

Waldorf, Md.

Single

School Counselor

Favorites

Films

The Notebook, Brown Sugar, Titanic, Baby Boy, Eve's Bayou, Steel Magnolias, The Color Purple, Love & Basketball, 300, Apocalypto, Best Man

TV Shows

BIG BROTHER, Hell's Kitchen, HGTV, Golden Girls, The Nanny, Law & Order: SVU, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Wanda Sykes, Martin, What's Happening!!

Actors

Omar Epps, Ryan Gosling

Actresses

Sanaa Lathan, Nia Long, Gabrielle Union, Tracee Ellis Ross

Hobbies

Watching tv & movies, playing cards, Othello, Connect Four, Scrabble, Uno

Sports to Play

Kickball, volleyball, dodgeball

Sports Teams

Washington Redskins

Outdoor Activities

Swimming

Bands/Musicians

John Mayer, The Roots, Zion Band (home church), John Legend, Alicia Keys

Songs/CDs

Jill Scott, Joanne Rosario, Tweet, India.Arie, Stevie Wonder, Fred Hammond, Beyonce, Zhane, Destiny's Child, Busta Rhymes, Floetry

Foods

Pasta, pizza, bagels with cream cheese, cookies and cream ice cream, soups, steak, shrimp, fries, baked potatoes, salad with tomatoes, king crab legs

Cereals

Honey Bunches of Oats, Honey Nut Cheerios, Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies

Cookies

Soft and chewy chocolate chip

Candy Bars

Kit Kat, Nestle Crunch

Alcoholic Drinks

Wine coolers, mimosa, tequila sunrise, margarita

Non-Alcoholic

Water, Sprite, Cherry Coke, Ginger ale, apple/cranapple/orange juice, lemonade pomegranate, green tea

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she be kissing dick azz this week :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

jessica just told others outside jameka is bringing color outside and jameka did nothing. uvp officially not jameka fan from here on out. screw jameka :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

Because Jameka obviously can see when someone is making a joke in good faith. Somethings other people have said in the house weren't meant as a joke and that's why Jameka had bad feelings about them.

Jameka would be the last person to tolerate any sort of racism.

colored is not a term joke in good faith. a black person would never call another black colored and for white person to say it is pure bs . if jessica tried the crap she pulling in the street she would be toothless. so when she use the n word it would be consider a joke in good faith :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

I think Jameka is handling things quite well. She is not one to cry racism at every perceived slight. Not only would doing that label her as an angry black woman it would also take away from incidents that she finds offensive. Colored does not have the same connotations as the n-word, at least not in my estimation.

They didnt say colored. Jameka was coming outside and they said here comes jameka bringing some color...

I'm white and by no means know how African American's feel about people using this type of language, but it didn't seem to bother her, so why should it bother anyone else?

I take it to mean the same as someone saying, "She's bringing some flavor." Has more to do with her personality than with her skin color/race.

I agree that if she's the one who's there and understands the context and it doesn't bother her, then other people should not make it more of an issue than it is.

First of all the term "colored", in reference to black people, is just AS bad as the "n word". Fortunately, Jessica did not call Jamika colored. There are several ways we could interpret what Jessica said that would negatively affect both black and white people.

However, we really don't want to go there. What we REALLY want to discuss is what IS Dick going to do with Kail?!? So lets leave their thread and go to another that's more exciting!!! :animated_wave:

she appears to be doing a good job getting along with the white folks she's never been around her whole life, she's funny too, i think she's going to be around quite some time

doesnt sound racist to me. sounds like a splash of fun.

Exactly. She's the one who brought up the reverse oreo cookie thing in the bed with Jess and Dani. She rolls with it all, never ignoring the elephant in the room. A real trooper, she is.

Exactly. She's the one who brought up the reverse oreo cookie thing in the bed with Jess and Dani. She rolls with it all, never ignoring the elephant in the room. A real trooper, she is.

because she is ass kissing. not a fan of hers :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

jameka is bringing some color

jameka is bringing some flavor

doesnt sound racist to me. sounds like a splash of fun.

This world is just getting way too PC with words. If the intent behind words is to be cruel then that is different. In this case I don't see anything wrong with words. Why is it black people can call themselves racist names in fun, Gay people can call themselves homos and queers but if a white not gay ever uses any of those terms IN FUN then it is wrong.

And uvp I hope you don't harp on this subject the rest of the season. Are we going to have to hear about racist people and floaters every other post?

:food-smiley-005::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

This world is just getting way too PC with words. If the intent behind words is to be cruel then that is different. In this case I don't see anything wrong with words. Why is it black people can call themselves racist names in fun, Gay people can call themselves homos and queers but if a white not gay ever uses any of those terms IN FUN then it is wrong.

And uvp I hope you don't harp on this subject the rest of the season. Are we going to have to hear about racist people and floaters every other post?

marty please dont go there with me today. you arent black so what a black person does shouldnt be a issue or concern for you. let gays and black do what they want. i really dont care if you dont see nothing wrong with words . btw you cant tell me what the hell i can post or not post about. :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

you arent black so what a black person does shouldnt be a issue or concern for you. let gays and black do what they want.

then let whites do the same. You don't understand that we ae not racist and we don't see color. It is just fun banter.

just saying......

whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

a black person would never call another black colored

This is outrageously wrong! I think someone else even said that calling an African-American "colored" was as bad as the "N" word. Then tell me why the NAACP is the National Association for the Advancement of COLORED People?

I'm so sick of double standards in all shapes and sizes...male/female, black/white, Muslim/Christian/Jewish. If we are all supposed to be equal, then we should all have the rights to say the same things, earn the same wages, and have the same laws and standards apply to all. Until that utopian day arrives, then women and racial minorities will still earn less than white males for doing the same jobs, Affirmative Action will still be an unfair disadvantage to qualified candidates in the majority, minorities will still receive harsher sentences, and Don Imus will still be fired for saying the same words that plenty of other people say every day.

*getting off soapbox now*

That being said, I think Jameka is playing the smartest game of everyone! She's not on anyone's radar, she's liked by pretty much everyone, and she's maintained her dignity and self-respect.

This is outrageously wrong! I think someone else even said that calling an African-American "colored" was as bad as the "N" word. Then tell me why the NAACP is the National Association for the Advancement of COLORED People?

i like how you dugged through the barn for this one. let uvp give you an assignment go to harlem or where ever you live and call the first 10 blacks you see colored :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

I hope you dont think its acceptable to call any black person colored. Is it cool if I call a white person pale or snowflake?

Or chinese yellow man?

Its unacceptable and Jameeka cant pick and choose who she wants to get mad at about race in the house because the girl is her friend. Thats why she was crying to Dick because she knows when she gets home she will be critized for letting the cism go on

Archived