Jameka Week 3

CeCiMom

I hope you dont think its acceptable to call any black person colored. Is it cool if I call a white person pale or snowflake?

Or chinese yellow man?

Its unacceptable and Jameeka cant pick and choose who she wants to get mad at about race in the house because the girl is her friend. Thats why she was crying to Dick because she knows when she gets home she will be critized for letting the cism go on

agreed :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's socially or morally correct to call a black person "colored." I do not do it and I will raise my children to have enough respect for themselves and others to not demean others. However, I get really up-in-arms when people start talking about not being able to use certain words. EVERYONE in the country has the right to use whatever word they want, in everyday speech. The only limitations are broadcast media, which is regulated by the FCC. The First Amendment does not protect popular speech...it protects UNPOPULAR speech, because that is the speech that would be stifled in a non-democratic society.

Now, that freedom to say whatever does come with consequences. Just as a shop-owner has the RIGHT under the law to call a black patron the N word, that patron, and those who do not agree with the use of the word, have the right to move their business somewhere else.

This is not really a racial issue for me...it's a first amendment issue.

I don't think it's socially or morally correct to call a black person "colored." I do not do it and I will raise my children to have enough respect for themselves and others to not demean others. However, I get really up-in-arms when people start talking about not being able to use certain words. EVERYONE in the country has the right to use whatever word they want, in everyday speech. The only limitations are broadcast media, which is regulated by the FCC. The First Amendment does not protect popular speech...it protects UNPOPULAR speech, because that is the speech that would be stifled in a non-democratic society.

Now, that freedom to say whatever does come with consequences. Just as a shop-owner has the RIGHT under the law to call a black patron the N word, that patron, and those who do not agree with the use of the word, have the right to move their business somewhere else.

This is not really a racial issue for me...it's a first amendment issue.

i can respect that. :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

Let her play her game and comment on that. Each person has a different relationship with her and she will take what they say based on those relationships.

I hope we can get back to focusing on Jameka in this thread rather than the state of racial affairs in the United States.

colored is not a term joke in good faith. a black person would never call another black colored and for white person to say it is pure bs .

I totally agree...

Yet you go around calling us whitey...

Double standard, no???

I totally agree...

Yet you go around calling us whitey...

Double standard, no???

whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

Listen you guys, I am older, and as it seems to me it hasn't been an accepted term(colored people) since the late sixtys, early 70's, at the dawn of the Black Panthers and in the 70's using the term "Black" emerged and today it is "African American". Race is such a touchy subject. UPV, you did crack me up with your Harlem comment, it would not fly, that is for sure. I enjoy your posts UPV, so keep on keepin on.

And I think Jameka has played a good game so far, I just think she's sorta boring at this point, a really pretty girl, but a little boring,lol

And I think Jameka has played a good game so far

I also agree with that.... But some here seem to think that it's better to step it up, get in peoples faces and put a target on your back so you get nominated... Those people would not last long... Just ask Joe...

GO JAMEKA!!!!

Hey I know, lets just not focus on the racial differences, and remember that everyone is human, and equal, and should be treated fairly whethere man, woman, gay, bisexual, african american, caucasian, etc.

And now, I do like Jameka, she isn't getting on my nerves as much as she originally did.

First - UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :lipsrsealed2:

Second - WE :grouphug: think that Jameka is super cool, uber nice and playing one hell of a smart game.

I can't think of one person in the house who doesn't like Jameka or even is on the fence about her... that's just good strategy.

Jameka is just too self righteous for me. Hope she goes right after the Mrs Robinson alliance gets the boot.

At some point Jameka is going to have to step up and take control. Right now I think she is using excellent strategy by letting the big dogs go after each other.

But as the numbers dwindle she has to win hoh and pov to secure her place in the house and not rely on others to keep her because she is well-liked. I hope that isn't her ultimate game because no one wants to bring the nice person to the end.

Jameka is just too self righteous for me. Hope she goes right after the Mrs Robinson alliance gets the boot.

i wont be upset when she get the boot :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

I am just waiting to see which direction Jameka goes, she seems to be really focused on playing a clean game, and I am not sure if you can do that, but I am interested to see where it all leads. I really like Jameka think so far she is safe, don't know when it gets less and less people if she can play clean and stay in the house, we are still early in the game.

UPV, do you think deep down she is really that self-righteous?, or is this just her strategy to make herself out to be squeaky clean, and then when she needs to get "down and dirty" she will come on full force, that's why I said I don't know which way she will swing, she hasn't shown real cards just yet, I think there is more to her than she shows us.

UPV, do you think deep down she is really that self-righteous?, or is this just her strategy to make herself out to be squeaky clean, and then when she needs to get "down and dirty" she will come on full force, that's why I said I don't know which way she will swing, she hasn't shown real cards just yet, I think there is more to her than she shows us.

stephenv wrote that. i am just not a fan of hers. the thing about bb is eventually you have to play the game and from looks of it i dont see her doing it. eventually the game will get nasty and her trying to be everyone friend will catch her in the crossfire with no where to go. :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

U Know UVP she might be holding her cards right now...she might be a force to be reckon with....sometimes you have to watch the quite ones...she probably just waiting for her time to strike..like a snake hidden but deadly when it strikes...IDK I have to wait and see...She is probably sizing everyone up now...

BTY what does uvpnolimited mean??? Just curious...

Yes I was the one who said she was self righteous and I believe it to be. The reason is because she talks about playing a clean game, no lying, and being upfront about her intentions. Well if BB was played that way it would have gotten cancelled after the first season.

She needs to climb down from her high horse and start playing or she'll be out.

Archived