An Interesting Observation....

Depeche221

I gotta say that I am tired of the word "click" getting thrown around lately. You can't fault people who have been hanging around a board for a few years for actually knowing & liking each other. It's almost like I am scared to cut up & act like I know anybody around here anymore for fear I will get the dreaded click label. To me that's just silly. If you are new to a board, hang around & get to know the people & you will have fun. While there are a few exceptions, I think Morty's is a very welcoming board. I also think it is wrong to judge people by their post count be it high or low. :grin2:

As to having regular folks in the house I am all for requiring BB to interview prospective HG thru a curtain & not be allowed to actually lay eyes on them until they are chosen to go in the house. I want HG chosen because they are interesting not because of their looks, color, or sexual orientation.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent topic, Dep!

I hadn't thought about it until now, but I do believe you've hit the nail on the proverbial head. Personally, I have found the Joe averages of shows past to be much more interesting and easier to root for. Now that's not to say I'm against leaving out all the Barbie and Kens because I also must have someone to root against, right? However, too much junk food rots the teeth and dulls the mind...and makes life way too predictable! And sadly, that is what BB has become-very predictable.

I long for the day when the producers wake up and realize that the majority of this planet is made up of average people leading extraordinary lives who would be perfect for BB! Makes me want to shout, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" (sorry, great movie, great line, so I had to use it... ;) )

Give me a Chicken George and Nakomis over a Jen or Mike anyday!

Yeah, all you people who come back every year and rely on the same tricks and post ideas and comments to just get attention should just

HEY, WAIT A SECOND...

:lookaround:

Hey look, I found Dep's knife that he thought he lost, turns out it was in my back... Thats gonna leave a scar too!!

Just kidding bud, I know you didn't mean me at all... Right??? Dep???

As for the show, I too like the old school... More Kens, Will megas, nicoles, jacks, Dr Wills, The Don, Tonyas, Shannons.... None of this twist stuff, no slop for a week, more challlenges, strict rules inforced and no more damn feed cuts... I am paying to see the whole conversation not just bits of it....

YAY Dep! :animated_bouncy:

my friends that do watch reality shows (sadly, they dont 'get' BB) have always wondered 'who are these people that can put their jobs and families aside for three or four months to be on a show?' a house full of working stiffs is what i'd like to see, people who arent waitressing their way to F-list sitcom walk-on roles

a house full of people who are damn glad to not be stuck at work, a paid three month vacation with a chance to win money...not people that are going to 'keep their storyline going'

but back to what my friends say....i figure that's why there isn't a house full of regular people, regular people are busy doing regular things that cant just be left behind for a whole summer

not sure if you were taking jabs at me but if you were you do know i dont care right. heres a smiley for ya :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

and another one :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

btw whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

I feel the love and I enjoy this board alot.. I look foward to disagreeing with most of you for a long time to come!!!!!
uhhh Manny Rayy.... i look foward to using a lot of evil smilies on you! :stirthepot:

and i just want to say that Dumblonde isnt so dumb after all and it took me a while to figure that out. i agree with her, i am tired of the use of the term "click" around here. just cause i have no life and post here year round doesnt mean i am in some "click". isnt that something you do in jr. high? :huh:

Dep, i usually dont read such long posts.. unless its yours of course.. cause yours are the only interesting long posts that i actually get goosebumps from reading. and i have noted the same things you have.

I would like to say one thing i have noticed on these here boards... i have noticed that when the terms "normal folks" or "regular people" are brought up people start to chime in that they dont want to see a bunch of fat/ugly/missing teeth people on tv. UHHHHHH Hello???? IS that the norm? should we do a poll here at mortys to see what the average Mortys Poster is? cause i am not fat, not ugly, and i am not missing any teeth. and i have people that can back me up on that! i have also seen pics of other posters and they are not fat/ugly/missing teeth either. so what gives?

what IS the average BB fan? :animated_scratchchin:

I think this is why I loved Nakomis so much. I could imagine knowing her IRL - perhaps being a bit irritated by how seriously she took herself, but at the same time, she was very obviously the real deal.

I totally agree with Dep!!! What has really bugged me the past few seasons is that no one can seem to vote on there own. They have to know how the rest if the house is voting. It is as if they cannot form their own opinions and just follow the pack as opposed to using strategy that will benefit their own game.

I totally agree with Dep!!! What has really bugged me the past few seasons is that no one can seem to vote on there own. They have to know how the rest if the house is voting. It is as if they cannot form their own opinions and just follow the pack as opposed to using strategy that will benefit their own game.

yep no one wants to be the lame duck of the bunch :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates: . for the most part the first four orso weeks are usually unanimous in who gets evicted :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

:flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

btw you do know i dont care right :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

glad we on the same page :animated_wave::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

What has really bugged me the past few seasons is that no one can seem to vote on there own. They have to know how the rest if the house is voting. It is as if they cannot form their own opinions and just follow the pack as opposed to using strategy that will benefit their own game.

Yes this aspect of the game is just so old. I would love to see a split vote now and then. They always lead up to a split vote but .... in the end it us usually unanomous.

Yes this aspect of the game is just so old. I would love to see a split vote now and then. They always lead up to a split vote but .... in the end it us usually unanomous.

its because of FEAR :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

Meinva, I agree 100%. I had hopes for Jen being an independent thinker and making her nominations based on what was good for her, instead she went with what was good for Kail and Mike. People need to play for themselves, it would make the show more unpredictable and interesting.

This whole "voting with the house" stuff is getting old really quickly.

Meinva, I agree 100%. I had hopes for Jen being an independent thinker and making her nominations based on what was good for her, instead she went with what was good for Kail and Mike. People need to play for themselves, it would make the show more unpredictable and interesting.

This whole "voting with the house" stuff is getting old really quickly.

season 6 started that crap :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

I think the vote thing is because the show has been around so long, and everyone knows the consequences of voting on their own, especially so early in the season. When the house is divided in half, or even thirds, we'll see more of the split votes.

As for cliques, I don't think it's because people know each other and are social. I think it's more of occasions where people feel they can't give their opinions without being questioned and made to explain them. And then if the person gives a differing opinon from the majority, that person finds that they've had a star taken away, and that people have joined the board (probably under another name) and been on their profile just to take stars away.....Kinda lame behavior, but it does seem to happen....

Me, I don't take stars away from anyone for their opinions. I would maybe take one away for out and out flaming. In fact, I feel the stars are there to REWARD people for good behavior, and that's what I use them for. But it doesn't seem that everyone feels that way.... :animated_scratchchin:

ok, my 7 cents worth...

BB is boring-

Let's face it, we are strange! We are obsessed and consumed for 3 months out of the year about a tv show where people are isolated in a house and we can watch them 24/7. I admit it, I LOVE this show! Do I find some HGs boring? Do I get frustrated when I think about possibly applying for the show and losing out to someone that was recruited? Do I get frustrated when I watch the feeds and hear them complain about having nothing to do? Yes Yes and Yes... but I still watch it, I still post to the live feeds, and I still read the threads here. If I had a recording of Housecalls I could download, I'd listen to it as I drove home each day.

TV habits-

But here's the 'reality' of the situation as I see it. Big Brother is in it's 8th season! I'm not saying that as a good thing though. The problem with the 'average' person out there is that their attention span is short. This isn't just a problem for BB or reality shows, it's an overall problem with tv(life in general for that matter). After a while, we get tired of something and decide to move on. Yes, there are those of us that are die-hard fans, but the average viewer 'gets it' and after a few seasons is ready to move on. I've talked with friends about Big Brother and other reality shows like Surivivor, and often the response will be 'Oh, is that still on? I remember watching that a few years ago.' But it's not just reality shows... how many here watched ER? Did you know it's STILL on the air?

I feel the producers of the show have this idea that they have to do something to make the show more interesting each season - not for us, the die-hard fans of the show, but for the 'average' tv viewer. If there isn't some 'hook' to cause them to tune in, they will lose the viewers to the next 'big' hit show.

Another example I just thought of... game shows like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and Deal Or No Deal. They are mega-hits when they first come on. Why do the producers start introducing 'twists' on the shows? Why not keep with the original plan of having regular people play the original game? I think it's because the viewers get bored of the same old show.

So, I'm thinking the producers are trying to keep the show 'fresh' for the average viewer. If they went with 'average' HGs like the first season, we'd love it and still watch and get the feeds and post on the board here... but their fear is they would lose more viewers because there isn't a 'twist' to pull the viewers back in.

Boring? Who said they are boring?

Here's another thought about the HGs. Most of the complaints we have about them and their 'this is boring' comments are related to the live feeds. The person who only watches the 3 shows each week never hears the HGs complaints about being bored. The producers have more than enough action in the house to create interesting plot lines and shows each week.

What is average?

I'm average, because I'm me, and all the people around me are like me(for the most part) Maybe the problem with the producers is that they have been in Hollywood and auditioning actors for these shows too long, and their take on what is average has become skewed away from reality.

Clicks on the board?

Now see, at first I thought you were talking about mouse clicks...

Archived