bbas_cast_ian_terry_800x1000.jpg

Ian Terry
Hometown: Pittsburgh
Current city: Houston
Previous season: Big Brother 14 (winner)

Three adjectives that describe you: Eccentric, intelligent,and inquisitive.

Favorite activities: I enjoy backgammon, running, technical analysis, reading, math puzzles, and studying maps.

Why do you want to play Big Brother again?
I'm a generally good games player, so if there's a game being played for money where I have positive equity, I want in!

What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house?
Not being able to talk to or see my girlfriend, friends and family, as well as having to play politics 24/7.

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most and why?
I like Johnny Mac from Big Brother 17. I loved his passive, relaxed, and intelligent playing style. Additionally, he is a hoot in real life!

What is your strategy for winning the game?
I want to get into a decent alliance and try to win the first HOH, just to make sure I don't get frozen out for being unpopular. Following that, hibernate. Towards the end of the game, I will ramp up and utilize my competition ability and take advantage of the game's structure.

How does this strategy differ from the last time you played?
I'm definitely going to pepper in stronger tactical play to ensure that others are more willing to work with me. Last time, nobody in the house was giving me good information, simply because I was socially unpopular—frustrating!

Have you changed/evolved since the last time you were on the show?
I'm much more mature and readily able to navigate social situations. Working as a physics teacher for a handful of years taught me a lot about building connections with others.

My life's motto is…
"The pause is a part of the walk." 

What would you take into the house and why?

• My backgammon board. I saw that the house had one last year, but the one I have is top of the line.
  • A few packs of cigarettes. I don't smoke… in fact, I don't see the appeal to it at all. That being said, I'd like to use these to forge bonds with those that like to casually smoke but didn't bring any for themselves.
  • My pet dinosaur Isaac. He's funny and reminds me of my girlfriend and I's quirky relationship.

Fun facts about yourself:

• I'm a championship level backgammon player and have earned a rating of "Master" on the most popular backgammon site on the web.
  • I was given a letter of recognition from MIT for being an inspiring physics teacher when that was my day job.
  • My girlfriend and I refer to a dinosaur puppet named Isaac as our pet. He even has his own backstory and personality.
  • I once attempted to memorize and label a map of every county in the United States for a bet. I got through memorizing the counties in four large states with perfect accuracy before getting bored and buying out of the bet.
  • I'm a card-carrying member of Mensa, which I joined after taking an IQ test to settle a bet (yes, I won the bet).

20 hours ago, CrazyBBFan said:

He still does that rocking back and forth.  I know during his season that BB gave him a hammock.

Oh yeah that's right, they did give him a hammock.  He is not rocking quite as much this season.  I'm enjoying him. 

10 hours ago, Keepittogether said:

I hope Ian teams up with Kaysar instead of going with the Cody side of the house. They seem like they’ve had some good bonding conversations.

Kaysar saying he was autistic as well bonded them a bit. Ian's reaction to hearing that is one of my favorite BB22 moments so far.

I don’t recall his autism being like this in his season. It might be because he feels uncomfortable in the house.  I hope that he is not using this as strategy to get further in the game.  No one on the show wants to be known as the person who voted off the autistic kid.

Ian and NicoleF are easy targets, since they’ve already won the game. Whoever wins the next HOH can legitimately say that they are being put up because they have already won BB. I can’t imagine that any of the other houseguests, (even if they like them personally) want to give them the opportunity to win twice.

11 hours ago, Keepittogether said:

Ian and NicoleF are easy targets, since they’ve already won the game. Whoever wins the next HOH can legitimately say that they are being put up because they have already won BB. I can’t imagine that any of the other houseguests, (even if they like them personally) want to give them the opportunity to win twice.

True.

I hate to come off as petty because I know he has some problems, but that rocking back and forth like a little child would drive me crazy if I were trying to have a conversation with him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ian realizes that his game hinges on Nicole F staying in the game. If he was smart (which I know he is), he would make an alliance with Kaysar and move with Memphis, Bayleigh, Da'Vonne, Kevin and David to vote out Xmas. That would be key because it would give him more numbers in support (if he ever gets put up on the block) and it also doesn't really effect Nicole, since she doesn't like Xmas anyway. Ian has to know that as soon as he goes on the block as a previous winner of the game he doesn't really have protection, unless he wins the veto. Cody may protect him once, but he's not going to risk his game for Ian.

With the backyard closed today, I hope there is some talk about flipping the house.  But, I doubt it - these players are all too scared to make a big move and be an outlier from the group.  It's sad to watch and certainly not what I was expecting from an all-star season.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WOC said:

If Ian, David, Day, and Kevin could get together they may stand a chance.

They would have to win HoH and then actually wake up and see that Cody and the rest of them are picking off the outsiders. I don't know why none of them have tried make any kind of alliance with each other. 

On 8/5/2020 at 9:28 PM, Dade said:

What is your strategy for winning the game?
I want to get into a decent alliance and try to win the first HOH, just to make sure I don't get frozen out for being unpopular. Following that, hibernate. Towards the end of the game, I will ramp up and utilize my competition ability and take advantage of the game's structure.

Didn't work out like he wanted.

No, it didn't work out that way because the Core entered with a pre-game alliance and no one other than those in the alliance stood a chance. Danielle herself said recently that she felt bad because everyone outside of their group never stood a chance this season but didn't know it.

There should be a lawsuit filed against CBS for allowing this kind of fraud. If anyone did the playing, it was CBS in duping the ones who never stood a chance up against what the pre-game alliance planned and executed. The group has talked openly about their pre-game plan, and the producers have not done anything to correct it or impose any type of penalty on what is happening. If I was one of the outsiders (which includes quite a few people), I would feel totally humiliated for agreeing to be a part of such a corrupt setup.

3 hours ago, carmen said:

No, it didn't work out that way because the Core entered with a pre-game alliance and no one other than those in the alliance stood a chance. Danielle herself said recently that she felt bad because everyone outside of their group never stood a chance this season but didn't know it.

There should be a lawsuit filed against CBS for allowing this kind of fraud. If anyone did the playing, it was CBS in duping the ones who never stood a chance up against what the pre-game alliance planned and executed. The group has talked openly about their pre-game plan, and the producers have not done anything to correct it or impose any type of penalty on what is happening. If I was one of the outsiders (which includes quite a few people), I would feel totally humiliated for agreeing to be a part of such a corrupt setup.

Yeah, it’s not a level playing field. And not only is it not fair to the other players, playing the game, but it sucks as a viewer. It’s just not interesting to watch if I know you set your alliance up before you even walked into the house.

And this is why I prefer new casts every season.

I wish they would pick a cast like this...

4 Latinos

4 Asians

4 blacks

4 whites

Half those 16 people should be male and half female. Two males and two females in each racial group.

And the ages should cover the spectrum... 4 of the people in their 20's, 4 in their 30's, 4 in their 40's, and 4 in their 50's. Each group having one of each age group and each age group split in two with males and females.

I don't know how to get anymore even. I wonder how that would play out?

Oh my gosh. Ian is having a breakdown. Suddenly, he is so concerned about his going from being a "winner" of a past season to the first one to the jury.

Where has he been all season???  He actually thought he could lay low and slide through. But he should have seen the writing on the wall -- it's been rigged out of the gate, and Kaysar + others tried to tell him and he thought he could afford to sit by idly while others got eliminated.

Now, he just needs to GO.  This season, he cannot play the game like he did last time. Totally different dynamic in the house. I thought he was smart and would grasp that.

I’m not sure if it was because of the bad press the show got for some of the houseguests making fun of Ian for some of his behavior (related to his self-diagnosed autism), but I thought  the editing of Ian and also Julies treatment of him were extreme. Julie bent over backward to compliment him and it was so obvious. For anyone that watches the feeds, Ian acted like a spoiled entitled brat that expected to be able to stay in the house just because, in the last 48 hours. Throwing tantrums and doing the exact opposite of showing the “good sportsmanship” he said he wanted to exemplify.  

By the time he left, I was so over him. Good riddance.