Who would you like to see on BB7?

Brekkie Boy

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have a new article and I am not very happy about this but most of y'all might

All-star ''Big Brother'': It's on! The CBS reality show will welcome back past contestants -- selected by viewers -- for this summer's season 7

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1182718_3_0_,00.html

Why the heck are they letting the viewers pick who to go in the house? And y'all know me I aint gonna like anyone you guys pick :lol::angry:

heres another article...

Posted: Tue., Apr. 11, 2006, 8:30pm PT

Eye casts 'Brother' with help from aud

Viewers will get the chance to help select players

By JOSEF ADALIAN

CBS is planning an all-star edition of summer hit "Big Brother," but with a twist: Viewers will help cast the show.

Details are still being hammered out, but the current plan calls for CBS and the producers to select a pool of 20 past "Big Brother" players. Viewers will then get the chance to help select which of those 20 get to move into the "Big Brother" house in Studio City.

It's the first time any of the various international "Big Brother" formats has allowed audience members to participate in the casting process. There's been buzz about an all-star "Big Brother" for a while now (Daily Variety, Oct. 12).

Exec producer Allison Grodner said that 12 or 14 players will ultimately move into the house, depending on how the public votes. She and CBS are staying mum over just how the voting will be conducted, but it's expected producers will retain the right to cast some slots with past players who aren't aud favorites.

There's no word on a premiere date yet, but if history is any guide, skein will premiere the week of July 3 -- most likely on Thursday, July 6.

Picking the cast isn't the only way auds will participate in "Brother" this season. "This will be the most interactive 'Big Brother' yet," Grodner told Daily Variety. "Viewers will be getting involved more than in the past."

Players will still decide who gets booted from the house and who wins the $500,000 grand prize. Julie Chen returns as host.

Producers are planning a number of other twists for the seventh season.

Grodner, Arnold Shapiro and Rich Meehan are the exec producers of "Big Brother: All-Stars" in association with Endemol USA.

Date in print: Wed., Apr. 12, 2006, Los Angeles

I'm really not a fan of recycled reality stars doing the same show but at least the producers will try experimenting with fan participation other than lame AC. Maybe the fans along with selecting the 12-14 HG will be able to nominate or evict HG's a few time throughout the season. If all goes well maybe the producers will carry it over when they get back to non allstar production.

It'll be interesting to see what "surprises" they have in store for us, hopefully it won't be lame.

There's no word on a premiere date yet, but if history is any guide, skein will premiere the week of July 3 -- most likely on Thursday, July 6.

Picking the cast isn't the only way auds will participate in "Brother" this season. "This will be the most interactive 'Big Brother' yet," Grodner told Daily Variety. "Viewers will be getting involved more than in the past."

Players will still decide who gets booted from the house and who wins the $500,000 grand prize. Julie Chen returns as host.

How can viewers be "more involved" than when they choose the evictees/winner - as they did in the first US series?

Also, if the HGs move in three days before the premiere it's unlikely the viewers will have much control over who goes in - unless it's an internet vote a week or so before!

Though I don't think any BB has had the entire cast decided by the viewers, quite a few have had housemates chosen by the viewers.

In the UK in series 2 the first ten HMs moved in as normal, with the viewers choosing an 11th HM (out of three) to move in after the first eviction.

Also in Australia they had six extra HMs in a seperate house, with the viewers choosing three of them to move in to the main house.

P.S. Not too thrilled about this idea. It's just basically the same as the last few years - producers can't think of decent twists to the actual format so hope a twist to the casting will carry the series instead!

An All Stars series would be great - but should be a mini-series in addition to the regular series, with it just airing over a few weeks with two or three evictions each week.

I'm not sure how I feel about an all-star BB. It can't be any worse than Survivor All-Star.

The thing is, these people all get to know each other after they do these shows thru public appearances etc, I just don't know how "realistic" the whole premise of BB will be with a crowd that knows one and other.

I have to agree... I don't really like the idea that they all will at least somewhat know each other. If nothing else they all will have most likely watched the other seasons... Can't say I am really looking as forward to this as I would have been had it not been an all star season...

There's still time... Let's put together a petition and get this stopped! LOL ;)

well crap! one of the best things about a new season of BB is spending the months of may and june searching for any info on the house and the houseguest. laughing at the people that come and say they are gonna be on BB (but end up here all summer with us).

ugggg now its just gonna be lame!

they will probably put all the houseguest that everyone hated to love.. or just plain hated.

anyone up for a road trip to california this summer? we can toss ballons filled with vomit over the BB backyard wall. :lol:

I'm all for an all-stars but i'm not liking the viewers voting to choose the cast. I imagine half of it being BB6 houseguests if they did that and well, I just watched them last summer. Maybe one person from BB6 would be ok, even 2, but I picture it being 6 or 7 :( And no one ever agrees on who's the best lol so there'd be alot of very upset viewers. For instance, some of you mentioned not wanting to watch Jase for a whole summer, I personally (even though I wanted him gone) enjoyed Jase and would love to see him come back.

I'm going to be a total opposite here... I like the idea of bringing back some of the viewer favorites. And even some of the most hated. I love the idea that I'll be able to help choose who I would like to see come back into the house. Makes it more like My show too. Even though I can't be there and participate, I can get involved.

I'm not sure how I feel about an all-star BB. It can't be any worse than Survivor All-Star.

The thing is, these people all get to know each other after they do these shows thru public appearances etc, I just don't know how "realistic" the whole premise of BB will be with a crowd that knows one and other.

Yup Alliances will allready be pre-made.It will be a predictable season from the get go.

Well Gee...If they are intent on having an Allstar BB. Then why not just bring back all the winners from the first 6 shows and include their significant others too. Now that should make for some tense moments. Everyone trying to keep their loved one in the game! That would be 12 players. Just a thought. :blink:

Well Gee...If they are intent on having an Allstar BB. Then why not just bring back all the winners from the first 6 shows and include their significant others too. Now that should make for some tense moments. Everyone trying to keep their loved one in the game! That would be 12 players. Just a thought. :blink:

But what if they don't have a significant other? Would they choose like a best friend or something?

Make them choose a "partner" from their season?

Archived