Who would you like to see on BB7?

Brekkie Boy

Well, I'd say the six winners and then one more person from each season chosen by the viewers.

Having the winners pick their partners wouldn't make great TV - it's much more fun if we can pick their enemies!

I love the idea of having 6 random choices then having the viewers only pick 6. Better chance of a variety of people.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am disappointed. I like having all new & unknown people in the house. 1/2 the fun is getting to know them. It turns me off to watch people that I already have preconceived notions about because, well, I've seen them in action before.

Oh well I am sure I will still watch if they have an All-Stars show but it could be the jump-the-shark moment for the show :( & who knows maybe CBS is teasing BS to throw us off track (we can always hope so ;))

But what if they don't have a significant other? Would they choose like a best friend or something?

Yea..Maybe a best friend or maybe their Mom or Dad. Sister..Brother. Someone that they love.

I know that if it were me...I'd be more defensive of someone that I truly loved and would do my best to keep them in the game. But I like Brekkie Boys idea too. Let the winners pick someone else from the other seasons and then let the viewers cast votes based on that.

I think this could be a cool idea. I agree that the audience should only be allowed to pick six-one person from each season. Then the producers would pair them up with their nemesis from their season. So lets say from season six the viewers pick Kaysar, then the producers would pick Eric (yuck) to go in the house also. What would be even better is if they tie their fates together, so you would have to fight for the person you hate the most.

Also it is one thing to know someone but quite another to be forced to live with them for 3 months.

I agree dumblonde... hopefully this is a hoax to throw us off the track. But, if this is the last year of BB then it wouldn't surprise me that they do an all-stars to end the series. So, watch out... if it does turn out to be all-stars. I think it's a BIG sign that it's all over.

omg omg I think it's true - was skeptical too, but E! is reporting it and one of the mods over at James' site received an official CBS press release. The article from E!'s the same one Neb posted yesterday. Here's the link: http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,18783,00.html?fdnews

PS Kaysar I'm here for you, phones in hand! What's that saying . . . three time's the charm? :D:D:D

Here is the link at thefutoncritic.com:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?id=20060412cbs01

(If this has been posted already im sorry - Please delete).

Basically we get to choose from a pool of 20 houseguests who will be in the house - HOW COOL IS THAT!?!

Here is the text from the release:

--------------------------------------------------------

IT'S YOUR SUMMER, AMERICA!

Released by CBS

IT'S YOUR SUMMER, AMERICA!

"BIG BROTHER" RETURNS WITH A FIRST EVER "ALL-STAR" VERSION

IN ANOTHER FIRST, AMERICA WILL DECIDE WHICH HOUSEGUESTS MOVE INTO THE "BIG BROTHER" HOUSE

The Seventh Installment, Hosted By Julie Chen, Will Premiere This Summer

CBS announced today that the seventh installment of BIG BROTHER will return this summer with an "All-Star" version. For the first time ever in BIG BROTHER history worldwide, America will help choose who will participate in the game from among a pool of 20 of their favorite former houseguests from all six seasons.

Julie Chen returns as host.

BIG BROTHER: ALL-STARS (working title) will reunite some of the most memorable, entertaining and controversial houseguests from previous BIG BROTHER seasons as they compete for the $500,000 grand prize among a group of people who could potentially consist of previous champions and some of the series' best personalities. Once again, America will be able to see the people they love

Not sure what's been covered by the media regarding this new season but this press release was listed today on E! Online and based on a Daily Variety report by "Big Brother" insiders. Hope it helps.

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Big Changes for 'Big Brother'

chen1.jpg

Julie Chen

Hey, it worked for "Survivor." CBS has announced that the seventh installment of its house-arrested reality series "Big Brother" will be an all-star version, with viewers deciding which of the past players make it into the house. Sort of.

Before fans get to weigh in, CBS and show producers will first whittle down contestants from the previous six seasons into a pool of 20, from which viewers will be able to select between 12 or 14 housemates to take their second shot at the game.

"This will be the most interactive Big Brother yet," executive producer Allison Grodner tells Variety in a recent press release. "Viewers will be getting involved more than in the past."

While producers didn't reveal in their press release Wednesday exactly how or when voting will take place--though the answers are likely online and soon--Variety reports that the process won't be entirely democratic, with producers retaining the right to up the dramatic ante by swapping out chosen players with those who aren't necessarily audience favorites.

Still, the increased audience involvement marks the first time the CBS show has allowed viewers to participate in the casting process.

While the method of how a player enters the Studio City, California, home has changed, the way they leave remains the same: The players themselves still have the honor of dismissing their fellow contestants each week. The grand prize remains $500,000.

"Big Brother" premiered on CBS in the summer of 2000 to decent ratings but poor reviews, prompting CBS to revamp the series from its Dutch origins. "Big Brother" has since become a solid summer performer for CBS.

Julie Chen will return to host the reality series' seventh installment, which will likely premiere in early July, taking over "Survivor's" Thursday time slot.

logo.gif

THE NEXT BIG TWIST: The next round of CBS' Big Brother, likely to premiere in early July, will be an "all-star" edition in which fans can vote from a pool of 20 past players to fill the household's 12 to 14 openings. "This will be the most interactive Big Brother yet," exec producer Allison Grodner tells Variety. "Viewers will be involved more than in the past." Fine, but anyone who votes for Holly and her annoying voice will hear from me. by Matt Webb Mitovich

These articles are coming out of the woodwork now. It's not helping the patience factor for me.
The producers released a press statement today so all the news outlets are jumping on the story. I guess they know a hot topic when they see one. By the look of the media frenzy, CBS is expecting high ratings once the actual show debuts.

I know all the reality show message boards have sure heated up with the news. It seems like most "Big Brother" fans either love this idea or hate it. It'll be interesting to see how much a role the producers play in the selection process since they were very careful to include that part of the casting in the press release.

I am sooo excited!!!! WE all online last year REQUESTED this, someone does listen to our paid chats while watching the house..they have to, we GAVE Them these ideas and they ran with them. I am happy. Lots of us threatened to NOT pay for viewing...if they did not do something like this...LOL....guess we got some results and we do indeed count...yep...i will be watching and paying another summer.....since my kid will be in iraq by june, this will take my mind off some of those worries!

THANKS BB!!!

I think it would be great to see cowboys sis there since she KNEW alot about past seasons and janelle as well, the more they KNEW about the past shows could play heavy and hard in how they play the game, would be very interesting. And we have to have K, janelle and maybe mike......they were someone i did not like last year to start but fell in love with the way they played the game, and wanted them to win instead of the ones that did. And nooo dont want ivette or any whining person on the show, just those that play well and hard....makes it sooo much better....the way they react and play, no whining mental cases and we can say GAME ON.....

Anybody heard or seen anything about who the 20 we'll get to pick from will be? It makes me think since Entertainment Weekly was the first to break the story, perhaps those 12 in the article are more than just '12 they'd like to see' (?) Like isn't Jack one of the all-time favorites, but maybe he has no interest in doing a BB all-stars this time around with no book to plug. Also, are all the houseguests going to be wearing their own line of products and be plugging them 24/7? That might be kind of annoying.

Oh, and another interesting tidbit from that mod on the other board was that the producers are worried about BB contestants forming alliances before they even get in the door this summer, so they're even going to announce the houseguests before the show (like the houseguests themselves won't even know until they get a knock on their door a couple of days before the show).

PS That mod also said that Dr. Will was trying to hardball cbs for more $ - never saw BB2 but he sounds like a character :o

I changed my list after I saw all the names at the link with the Top 20 poll.

My Top 10:

Janelle

James

Kaysar

Nakomis

Diane

Jun

Danielle

Jason

Justin

Will Wikle

Top 20:

Mike "The Don"

Jack

Nicole

Jee

Howie

Drew

Nathan

Brittany

Dr. Will

Josh

I like the way each season starts with them standing in front of the house before they enter.

They CANNOT TALK TO EACH OTHER until they are in the house!

I agree - This season is going to suck!

Guest Shockalot

Hi Sam and company...

Havent been on the BB boards much but now that it appears the rumours have come true I wanted to drop some suggestions.

First and foremost - as far as Im concerned - Chickenman George Boswell is the only contestant I think should be considered a 'mandatory'.

It simply would not be a real BB allstar unless Chickenman is there. It would be like a Gilligans Island Reunion without Gilligan.

Having said that and not sure whats already been mentioned...

My understanding is that CBS will obviously be starting off by what former guests will be available.

This might make some people sad in the event that a favourite will not even be in the running.

Im also understanding that they will be given a certain number from each series... which is good because, otherwise most picks would be from the most recently remembered ones.

Im kinda hoping that someone does a bit of quality control on the picks too - Danielle Reyes and Maggie were supreme players and whether or not you love them or hate them, they make the game happen and make it a real game too.

Jase and Holly do not make a game happen even if you loved them - they dont move the action or suspense and play.

Should be good, I dont know if I will be tuning in as much this year as I did last year but I doubt if I miss too many episodes, no matter what happens.

Chickenman Lives!

I think Dr Will was the best because he was so hated and had one foot out the door...then he played dumbass Nicole like a fiddle!

These are my picks

Season 1

Chickenman George- I loved the Chickenman

Season 2

Dr Will- The best to ever play the game. It will not be BB Allstars without him

Shannon- Come on Toothbrush meets toilet

Hardy- Come on toothbrush meets toilet

Season 3

Danielle- Second best player ever. Her Roddy is the Devil comments....Priceless

Roddy- Gotta have the Devil

Marcellas- A chance to redeem himself from the worst BB move ever

Season 4

Allison- hated her guts but she played that house hard.

Jun- hated her also but playing both sides and then teaming up with her worst enemy earns her a nod

Season 5

Jase- Dominating everybody that the rest of the house had to band together to evict him

Nakomis- 6 fingered plan anyone

Diane- She can give Jun and Allison a run for the money

Season 6

Kaysar- Just for the best BB line ever and because it is pretty much given he will be voted in

Janelle- A girl who proves that being blonde doesn't mean being dumb

James- Veto King

I think if those are the players we get it will be an interesting summer

Archived