Realplayer - Help/Discussion Thread

Yesterday around lunch typing bbearly worked & showed the charge was $29.99. Sorry I guess they changed the discount code to bb7early. I haven't ordered yet.

yea i signed up Month to Month and its only charging me 13$ instead of the 15$/16$ the code is BB7EARLY

If you are paying $13 a month for 3 months that is $39 so full price. It must not give a discount if you pay by the month :huh:

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does give you the discount. It's just that month to month is always more expensive. So If he didn't use the code it would be $15/mth for 3 months so that's $45... With the discount he got $13/mth for the 3 months so that's $39

I just got an email at the address I used for Real Player last year saying that "for my convenience" they set up an account for me. It shows a 0 balance on the invoice, but in small print says if you want to cancel to go to "My Account".

I signed into the account and went to "Billing History" and they have it set-up to charge me $14.95 on June 21st for a one month recurring Super Pass. Then on July 14th it's going to charge me $7.95 for a "Game Pass" that they also set me up on a one month trial that will start automatically charging me after the month.

They still have my credit card info from last year and are going to charge it to this. To cancel both of these things, I now have to call an 800 number. What a pain in the a$s!!!!! I am really going to rip them a new one. They have NO RIGHT to just start an account using my CREDIT CARD information from last year. They are very deceptive in the email too. Unless you go to the account and check the billing options the email doesn't tell you that they already have you signed up to start paying!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE BEWARE.....you better check the email accounts you used last year so that you can go and cancel this. Why would anyone want to start paying for a Super Pass on June 21 when BB& doesn't start until July 6th? Who does Real Player think they are to just go and start up an account for people??????

I got a message from real player telling me if I subscribe now I can get BB7 live feeds at last years price of 12.99 per month or 29.99 for 3 months.

http://www.real.com/partners/bigbrother/?p...n_code=bb7early

I believe the code is bb7early

Anyways unless you get it early the price has gone up to 14.99 per month or 39.99 for 3 months. Ordered mine this morning.

Kelly

AFTER cancelling the bogus monthly account that Real Player set-up for me, I started a new account using a different email address.

I used the bb7early code. The online receipt at the end of the order process said I would be charged $29.99 every 3 months after the 3 day trial period....just like it did for everrybody else. I didn't bother to print it because I figured I'd be getting an email receipt.

HOWEVER, when I sign into my account and go the the "Billing History".......it says I will be billed $39.99 after the trial period ends. The email receipt they sent me also says $39.99 after the trial period in fine print at the bottom.

Everybody else might want to check out their account and see whats up as well. I don't think the coupon is working this year even though it says it is in the order process. Real Player is a bunch of scammers.

I called them about the bb7early code... and it is a scam.. not by them but by folks here on the boards. That was never an offer by them..... and i check the ip code on the email I received and it WAS NOT real player folks.... this is some crude joke by some idiot in Wisconsin.... i have contacted that person's internet service provider and provided them with the information to go after this scam artist.

That's the thing the code said it worked for me too............when you sign up using the bb7early code.........on the bottom of REAL PLAYER'S webpage it says you will only be charged $29.99 for 3 months.

BUT......when you log into your account through the actual REAL PLAYER program, go to "Billing History" and there it says you will be billed $39.99 after the 3 day trial period.

Yes the Code worked at 1st then i look in my history and its showing the normal charge,,,,w/e im not even gonna mess with Real on this one ill just pay the 14.99 or whatever it is.

This may be the first year I get the feeds what's it like are the feeds addictive as most people say?

Do any of you even look at them @ work/school even? :huh:

I just got off the phone with Real and was told the coupon "bb7early" IS valid and in the e-mail Real was sending to the workers it said the feeds would be up from July 6th till mid September. He had no exact end date just mid Sept. When I ordered online and used the coupon code and it seem to work fine for me.

Can anyone else download the BB icon for the desktop? i try to but it opens realplayer likes its going to play a video......its kinda strange, wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

Yeah Dream it must be... Cause this is what is show's when you have subscribed... I wouldn't have subscribed so early if it hadn't been for a discount I got for unsubscribing to realarcade...

deskicon.jpg

For the past two seasons of BB, I was able to watch the live feeds b/c I already had the Real Player package, but I canceled it at the end of last season. My question is, to get it back for this season, since I no longer have it, for those of you who get it just for BB, is it better to get the BB 3 month season pass, or just sign up for the monthly pass, and cancel after the season's over? The biggest reason for asking this was to see if the 3 month season pass actually started before the show first airs, when the fish tank is shown, and doesn't go off until there is a winner?

Thank You for any help and comments!! :)

I don't know for sure when the feeds will be coming on... In the past they have put the feeds on just fish so we really couldn't see anything that was going on in the house... I have heard that this year that isn't going to be happening... I have heard that they are going to wait until the show airs on the 6th to start them this year...

For myself I purchase the 3 month subscription if you use the bb7early coupon code you can get it for 29.99 other wise it's 39.99 which I think is a bit pricey. If you get it monthly but subscribe now it's 12.99 but if you wait it's 14.99.

I don't know what is normally paid for a superpass subscription because I only use Real Player during the Big Brother months.

Oh one more thing for whatever reason they are now also giving a 1 year subscription to certain magazines. I chose Allure.

Kelly

Personally, I'm getting monthly this year. I'm not all too sure about they lineup the have going on, and I've already seen these people before, I can't say I want to spend money on 99% of them again.

So I figure I'll cancel when Dr. Will is evicted. So I'll pay about 15 dollars, lol.

The 3 month subscription bettter because it saves you money. Why would you pay extra to do it monthly unless you don't plan on watchin the whole show?(unless you just like to pay extra for stuff :P) If you were to order it today it will go through the whole BB7 as the show doesn't last 3 months or if you wanna be safe wait & order it next week :D

i have a question for the people that bought the feeds already and used the discount code...

i bought the feeds today and it said $29.99

i clicked on "My Account" a few minutes later and they billed me $39.99

does anybody else have that problem too?

i'm calling real up in a little while to ask them about it b/c i want the $10 off

real just pisses me off....

Archived