Realplayer - Help/Discussion Thread

Guest Shockalot
Real One/ Real Player

Contact Customer Service

Customer Service allows you to answer questions about billing, privacy and the status of your subscription account.

Telephone Customer Service is available in English and Spanish in North America at 1-866-585-4541.

Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 9:00 pm - Eastern Time

Saturday - Sunday, 10:30 am to 8:00 pm - Eastern Time

To cancel by email or customer service via internet

GO TO HELP from real one/player

To contact Customer Service via e-mail: E-mail Customer Service.

To cancel your subscription: Cancel Your Account.

IF UUU WANT TO CANCEL, UUUU GOTTA DO IT as soon as possible or U will keep being charged by Real Player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You!

And may I STRONGLY SUGGEST that everyone phones directly EVEN IF you appear to have Cancelled 'Successfully' using the Online Instructions.

Phone and CONFIRM you are NOT going to be Rebilled for another 3 Months no matter what you did Online.

Excellent Post thank you and can't be stressed enough.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are correct sir....Real leads you to beleive you have cancelled when in fact step 2 tells you you must call to cancel. I remember this every frickin year and its a "REAL" pain in the ass!!!...They will offer you a free month then you fall into the auto billing again. Dont be fooled! What a racket! YOU HAVE TO CALL...YOU HAVE TO WAIT ON HOLD FOR A LONG TIME (they hope you hang up) AND YOU HAVE TO ANSWER THEIR LAME QUESTIONS ABOUT WHY YOU ARE CANCELLING!

• 5 months later...

Hey guys I am new to the forum. And I just have a quick question about the feeds. I was just wondering if the feeds were viewable with dial up or DSL. Last year I had the feeds but I had cable internet. So viewing the feeds were not a problem. Please let me know what your experience with it was if you had it with dial up or DSL. Thanks! :)

michelle

Thanks for the reply. So the feeds work fine with DSL? They are clear and everything? I have DSL but we have been having problems with it. I basically am wondering if I should just go ahead and get cabel internet. Thanks again.

michelle

I have dial up only cause high speed isnt out this way yet,And its like jem said not bad if you just like hearing whats going.Which is good enough for me cause its all I have....lol

I WANT HIGH SPEED...WAH

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone:

I used to have cable modem. But we moved and now have satelite internet. I was wondering how the live feeds will work with the satelite internet. Anyone have it? It is a little slower than cable but a lot faster than dial up. I love watching the live feeds and would be really disappointed if I can't get them :( . Thanks for any help on this.

Lisa

Hi Everyone:

I used to have cable modem. But we moved and now have satelite internet. I was wondering how the live feeds will work with the satelite internet. Anyone have it? It is a little slower than cable but a lot faster than dial up. I love watching the live feeds and would be really disappointed if I can't get them :( . Thanks for any help on this.

Lisa

We are on satellite and have had no problems with the feeds. It is a little slower than cable, but not that much slower. I wouldn't worry about it.

BTW... Welcome to Morty's, jewel! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well .. the first year I had dial up and it was basically a slide show, and fairly consistant sound depending on internet traffic, sometimes the sound would be garbled though.

I had DSL last year and it was basically like watching a movie on my compter screen .. unfortunately it was more a horror show, because the camera guys loved the nerd herd (haha!).

This year I will be using Cable because I am moving in two weeks and they don't offer DSL in my new loccation, only Cable.

If given the option, I would not go back to Dial Up.

More or less the only complaints I really have about the experience, is that Big Brother uses, Real Player, which is the WORST software platform, why they haven't upgraded to Windows Media Player at least I have no idea .. that's what the foreign BB's use .. and it works great.

The only other issue, is that the SOUND of the fish tank tends to be so much louder than the sound of everything else so if they quick cut to fish, your ears get blasted .. and they really should do something about there really only being 2 feeds, as they advertise it being four, and it's always two and two of two different scenes, OR it's all four on one scene.

I have to give this too you all. Last year I used it to watch the live feeds. It is not a resource hog at all. Just login with real one the first time and then you can use the links morty provides to watch them with this. I saved the links to my desktop and it made life so much easier. No more real one except for that first time to login.

MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC: http://rapidshare.de/files/20597566/mplayerc.zip.html

I have to give this too you all. Last year I used it to watch the live feeds. It is not a resource hog at all. Just login with real one the first time and then you can use the links morty provides to watch them with this. I saved the links to my desktop and it made life so much easier. No more real one except for that first time to login.

MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC: http://rapidshare.de/files/20597566/mplayerc.zip.html

hey dreamangel, can you explain alittle more on how to use it to watch the live feeds this season? how do you set it so that the feeds don't come through real player and come through the media player instead? and what links are you reffering to on mortys? and would the media player be a lot better for a person on dial up? thanks in advance =)

hey dreamangel, can you explain alittle more on how to use it to watch the live feeds this season? how do you set it so that the feeds don't come through real player and come through the media player instead? and what links are you reffering to on mortys? and would the media player be a lot better for a person on dial up? thanks in advance =)

Ok. First question... How to use it. I set it as my default player for real media files. That way when you open the file it will open in media player. The links are on morty's front page under "feed links"... I right click on the individual links I need and save them in a folder on my desktop. The first time you attempt to watch the feeds however you WILL have to login with realplayer as media player does not have that support. As for dial up, I don't have it so the best I can tell you is it isn't such a resource hog so it may be slightly better.

How many of you subscribe to the 24/7 live cam thing? I did the free trial last year, and it was my first year ever doing it, and I loved it. I was thinking of doing it again this year, but not just the free trial, and I was wondering if it's worth what you pay for, the whole time?

Thanks in advance!

I'm sooooo excited about BB All Stars!! I was hoping they'd do one for a while, and I think it'll be great!

Last year I subscribed and enjoyed it very much. The only problem I had was that I work and last year the only person up early in the morning was Rachel. The rest of the people were sleeping until after 12:00. Then they'd stay up late at night and just when things would be heating up I'd have to go to bed. The only time I really got to watch was on the weekends. But I did get to see Howie's rant on April first hand. :D

Funny thing with me, I always seem to get them half way through the season. Last year I threw that out the window and was subscribed in the first couple weeks. This time I'm getting them as soon as it's possible without the 3 month thing running out before BB is up.

I completely, totally think it's worth it. I also watched Howies rant on April first hand, and got to see more of the aftermath etc on it. I enjoyed writing updates to the live feeds for those who didn't have it as well, it made watching it that much more fun.

And my favorite thing with the live feeds is watching the challenges that are endurance, watching in REAL time the hours it takes, like the cages in season 4, or the buttons in season 5, and the little cage like thing in season 6.

Lots of fun and worth it for me, especially on days I had nothing to do I just sat here and wrote updates :D

I say go for it!

does anybody know of a GOOD program to record audio and video from the live feeds?

if you do could you please let me know so i can try it out before the feeds start so i know if i like how the audio and video come out befor the season starts??

thank you soooooooooo much!!!

Archived