Realplayer - Help/Discussion Thread

Crazy,

what is the address in your real player? I can't get the ones on the main page to work and this is driving me nuts... I am thinking about unistalling real player completely and starting all over... I don't think that will do any good though...

Yana

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. Long time "lurker," first time poster to Morty's.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I used the discount code and it worked, but, I was also experiencing problems (no bb fish, bb5 ended message, etc.). I just followed Jem's directions, and I have fish now.

I apologize Eck, in my previous reply, I forgot to thank you for the discount code information. Thank you

Thanks Jem

OK guys I got my real player working now... the problem was that when I updated my RP I didn't click on the set real player as universal player :oops: ... I chose what to play with RP... When I went back and redownloaded it I clicked on this and now everything is fine and I can see the fish!

YAY :lol:

Ok, I followed the instructions above and am now getting fish! Thanks. I do have more questions. I'm doing the quad cam and the picture is really small, is that normal? Are you able to click on different cameras, once the show starts. I know there were links to different cameras, do you guys open each one up in different screens to have all 4 cameras showing, or do you do the quad? Is the picture quality fairly decent? Also, when does bb end this year (do we know)?

Thanks again for the help.

Teresa

I have installed and uninstalled about 5 times i even tried it on my other computer thinking it might be my firewall but it won't work on my Husbands computer either. Goog Luck it has to be better than mine

Guest Fresch

I just ordered realplayer and then read your post about the coupon,is there some way that I can go back and apply it?

I posted this over at BB Updates and thought you might want to see it too... A friend of mine on the inside tells me he might be able to get me the secret DISOUNT CODE for the live feeds of Big Brother 6. 

If I can get that, is that something anyone here is interested in? 

Let me know, and I will see what I can do to get it, and post it here.  :twisted:

I can't wait for the show to start!!

===========================

UPDATE:  I GOT IT, and posted it in this thread. If it helped you out, then please post here and say "thanks!" :-)

Peace,

Eck007

Guest Shockalot

Ok.

Having been nearly burned by RealOnes 3-month automatic rebilling policy I want to be very very clear about this next question/comment:

"If you continue your subscription past the 3 day trial you will be charged $29.99 every 3 months."

OK.

So How long is BB6 please?

So if I register today with the BBearly discount .... then does my 3months END in the final week of BigBrother6?

Meaning.. I basically have to pay for another 3 months at 29.99 just to see the LAST WEEK of BB6?

As it was last year, BB6 ends just a few days before my Credit Card gets billed again for another 3 months.

Good luck trying to cancel your account through the Realone website too!

If anyone can help me figure these numbers out let me know.. I do NOT trust RealPlayer for one single second and Im VERY suspicious this is a trick.

Thanks

I sent RealNetworks an e-mail on Sunday and received 2 responses today. Make of it what you will! lol

E-mail I sent:

I would like to know the following:

If I go ahead and order the Big Brother Super Pass, which indicates I would get the whole season, would I be guaranteed to get the WHOLE season for the indicated price of $29.99? The reason I am asking is because the season will not be over in 3 months from now. It will not actually be over until a little over 3 months from now. I do not want to go ahead and order now, if my account will be charged an additional $29.99 close to the end of the season. Do you see what I am saying? Any information you can send me regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Joe

First response:

Dear Joe,

Thank you for contacting RealNetworks Customer Support.

I understand that you want to know whether you will be able to access the whole season if you sign up for $29.99 big Brother SuperPass.

Your case is being escalated to our Level 2 e-mail team. You will receive a response as soon as possible.

Please reply if you need further assistance regarding this issue.

Regards,

Suresh

RealNetworks Customer Support

Second response:

Dear Joe,

Thank you for contacting RealNetworks Tier 2 Customer Support.

We understand your frustration in all of this, and we apologize for any inconvenience it has caused.

I understand you are inquiring about the Big Brother 6 season. The show does not run longer then 3 months. You will want to sign up for the Big Brother 6 content, the day the show starts or the day before. You might not want to wait until the show starts on July 7, 2005, due to high traffic can cause the site to slow down.

We have not put up the subscriptions that will be offered for the season this year. You will want to make sure that if you sign up for the quarterly or monthly billing that you cancel the service so you do not continue to be billed.

We hope this information helps and if you should have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Customer Service can also be reached at 1-866-474-2650 or 206-674-2650, Monday - Friday from 6:00am-6:00pm PST and Saturday - Sunday from 7:30am-5:00pm PST.

Regards,

Jolene H.

RealNetworks Tier 2 Customer Support

:roll:

Guest bruscol

I was having a tough time getting the feeds - tried everything that was said here. Tried to click on the links on the Morty's First Page - they told me that rstp is not a supported protocol (I use Mozilla for my browser.).

Then I got an idea.

I copied the link from the Morty's Front page.

Pasted it into my browser.

Took out the "rstp" and put in "http" and tried that - still nothing.

Then I pasted the "http" one into Real Player - and - VOILA!! The live feeds appeared!!

So, if you have tried everything else, try to put this into your Real Player browser address window:

http://start.real.com/rd?pid=bb6_live&url=quad_225.rm

for the quad feed.

Good luck!

Lou

I actually found a phone # for Real One Customer Support Help.

1-866-474-2650

You need your Account No. handy

Think I'll call in the A.M. and see if they can walk me thru this.

Hope I don't have to sit and listen to the BB theme music over and over again if I'm on hold for awhile :roll:

Please don't ask me to read through this whole thread..

I have SuperPass but I can't find a link to the BB6 house on Superpass or the BB6 website?  How do you all find it?

Go to Morty's BB main page and near the bottom of the page are the links to the cam's that don't time out...

Guest suncat7

As I posted yesterday, I was having TONS Of problems with timing out....I tried every trick here...nothing worked, then finally, bizarrely, it worked and I had the fish on for over an hour.

Then today, (as I stated above) I turn my computer on, and all of my problems were back, even though I changed NOTHING from last night.

So, I finally called technical help. (I didn't mention THESE feeds.....just that I couldn't play feeds for timing out...as the same problem occured with ANY clip from the main superpass site...ABC news, for example, timed out.) The first guy I got said did you do this, this, this...(every single thing on the real.com technical page, all of which I had done.) So HE transferred me to what he referred to as "senior technical help". This guy had me clicking ten million different things (okay, not ten million, but a BUNCH) things that hadn't previously been addressed on the technical page. Then, instead of waiting to see if 5 minute feed timed out (he said he wasn't allowed to wait) he said he would email me, and if I had timing out issues to email him back, and he could respond through that, and even phone me back if necessary. I got the email, things timed out again...so I emailed him back...and...no response. So I phoned technical help back...was on hold FOREVER. Finally hung up, redialed, and this time got the "our office has closed" line.

Desperate, I uninstalled realplayer (yet again.) For kicks, I thought I'd give the old realONEplayer a try. Downloaded that, and I've had FISH for 15 minutes so far, NO timeouts, NO changing any settings.

Beats the heck out of me. I don't understand this player. I just know I am more than a little irritated about it all. I'm glad to have THIS one working...but I don't see why the newer one won't.

Grrrrr. Anyone else have the issue, and is running through the older RealONEplayer???

Guest Shockalot

Welcome to my world Suncat.

I put about 4 hours into every trick in the faq-book and every trick I knew too. At about hour 3 I started making up random troubleshooting manovers. Occasionaly 'something' would run, time out or not connect with seemingly no logic.

I finally uninstalled everything 'realplayer', libraries, favourites etc etc.

Re-installed the orginal 'Realone' player

www.oldversion.com <--godsend of a site btw

Using one of Mortys links from the main BB page I was able to get camera 1. Hurrah!

stupidly I allow realplayer to automatically download its 'update' [which is the garbage 10.5 I was having all the trouble with]

No Surprise - back to random wierd issues!

Phone Realplayer and tell them this " Hi, I am forced to install Realoneplayer in order to watch CBS BB live... I just lost 4 hours of my life that I will never get back and Im hoping you can help me"

Word for word.

While waiting for the senior tech, about 10 minutes in for no explicable reason the fish decide to appear!

Dont ask me how or why but they are still there. Nothing else.. cant play any realplayer crap or use the 'desktop bigbrother' or Quad Cam... . but Fish are swimming like crazy on Cam 1.

Just think.. the people over a BBUK get to watch it all on Windows Media Player.

Lucky buggers!

I actually got someone at tech support that was helpful. When making realplayer my default, I was just clicking the button that says make default. He told me to hit the custom button the select all. It worked perfectly for me. Hope this helps someone, other wise I am just rambling again.

Its a crying shame we cant watch the feeds on the original old skool RealPlayer Version up to 8.0

As soon as they turned it into 'RealOne' the thing takes over your entire system and turns it into a marketing machine.

Undoubtedly there is mass bugs and problems with the newest version which btw is not 'better' but just has more even more marketing power.

Im sticking with the earlier version until Sept 21 - then its uninstalled for at least another 9 months.

Hang in there Suds and Suncat.. we just have to go along with this madness in time to figure out how to install and use the 'BBLive.Exe' player.

Basically - takes your RealOne stream, bypasses all that RealMadness and plays it in its own window.

Im not actually sure Im allowed to talk about it on Mortys??

[but no matter what - you still need to install and purchase via Realone]

I posted a thread a while back about the 'alternate feed viewer' .. which links to a site you can D/L this viewer from

I have used BBlive for the last 2 seasons .. and I LOVE it .. when my hard drive crashed, I freaked out thinking I wouldn't be able to find it again, but thankfully I did ..

also .. thanks for that link to that 'old version' site.. I don't have a use for it now but I am sure I will someday. I am a big believer in the whole, if it aint broke dont' fix it mantra .. and it seems like things work better when they're the older versions.. they dont' need as much memory ... they arne't pre-loaded with ad-ware ..

Sorry you have had so many troubles suncat ..

Guest Shockalot

well thank you diet for posting that link to the BBlive viewer!

Im really looking forward to trying that baby out!

www.oldversion.com is great since many of the new versions contain absolutley no 'new benefit' but are just bundled with new adware.

[Kazaa being a great example and I believe one that has forced oldversion.com to remove earlier versions :( ]

Guest Shockalot

So many of these P2P's started out pretty good, then sold out for all the pop-ups, adverts and gimmicks they could.

I used to love Limewire then newer versions all but crashed my comp.

If anyone is interested in a brilliant P2P which is free, open-source (no adverts, non-profit) and will hook you up to all major networds, gnutella, edonkey as well as handle bittorrents for you - www.shareaza.com

P2P can be used for any files and not just songs although you should check your local laws if you do download music.

- last i heard, in Canada. for some weird court-ruling 'conceptual' type of legality, its temporarily 'not illegal' to listen to copies of songs.. although distributing them is or something??

Archived