Jordan

CeCiMom

These ppl don't make big bucks. They don't even get minimum wage (maybe half). I can live with paying a gratuity and leaving a tip.

In Alabama in parties of 6 or more they add the gratuity, and the waiters/ess make 2.35 an hour plus tips which they have to share w/ bartender, busboy and side person. If they make $100 in tips they come home with about $60.00

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was the live feed post I read about 15 mins ago:

Jordan, Michele and Jeff in the green room. Jordan telling stories about putting an automatic gratuity on the bills when she waitresses but doesn't tell them. She likes it when they add a tip to the bills that already have a gratuity added in.

Thats stealing right?

Yes, it is called "Dbl Dipping" and if you do that in the restaurant I work in and get caught you will get fired. At my restaurant we are allowed to put the grat on a party of 6 or more, but most of us don't as we end up getting a better tip any way. If we do however add the grat, we have to tell the guest verbally anmd point it out to them, then there is also a place to leave additional gratutity if they want, and it does happen, but to me that is just wrong if that is waht Jordan is doing, takes her waayy down in my book.

lol, well dbl dipping is just the slang we use for it, it is a serious no no, and I personally would never ever do that to a guest in my restaurant, most of the ppl I have waited on over the yrs have been very generous, although Jordan is young and prolly does not think of it as stealing, it sure is and morally wrong, and if it is true, it turns me off of her bigtime, jsut sayin

I don't see how it's deceptive when it is written on the bill. I read anything before I sign or I pay. I would bet those people would be tipping in addition to charged gratuity anyway. I waitressed for a lot of years. We never added any gratuity into the bill, because we were always tipped way more than that. But as a waitress and as a customer, I see no issue with this. It's right there in black and white, people have to look at their bill in order to know how much to pay.

I see no problem with tipping extra as I always tip 15 percent for any service, and up to 25 percent for exceptional service...

But the customer should informed that a gratuity has already been added to the bill, and if they wish to tip more that would be their perogative!!!

Jordan is banking on them not realizing a gratuity has been added to the bill and they tip her as if it was not... at least that is what I heard...

WHO figures out a tip in a restaurant WITHOUT looking at the bill? Do you just "guess at the amount??? Because I LOOK at the bill and I would SEE if a gratuity was added...............UNLESS, I'm a guy who's looking at the girl's and WANT to just give them extra cash!

She doesn't work at the neighborhood coffee shop OR a restaurant that caters to regular customer's for years................I think she said it's "HOOTER'S" or something like that because I remember a discussion about how her new boobs would help her get MORE tips.

Although, I get how some may think it's immoral, possibly illegal (?!) & cause for firing at some places...............but obviously NOT where SHE works............since it's "common practice".

Throwing some Jordan love out into the universe, just cause! As for the automatic gratuity, most major restaurants clearly note under what circumstances an automatic gratuity is added on. Personally, my waitresses make out better if they just let me tip, since most auto grats are 18%, but I usually tip at least 20%.

lol this episode is funny

jordan really believed jeff carried her

with or without jeff she would have made it this far

why?

too dumb to evict

she is giving jeff too much credit

I don't see how it's deceptive when it is written on the bill. I read anything before I sign or I pay. I would bet those people would be tipping in addition to charged gratuity anyway. I waitressed for a lot of years. We never added any gratuity into the bill, because we were always tipped way more than that. But as a waitress and as a customer, I see no issue with this. It's right there in black and white, people have to look at their bill in order to know how much to pay.

I am telling you that I work for a corporation that makes millions of dollars and they consider it stealing, if it seems ok to you, great. I also read the bill carefully, but ther have been many times that a guest came back into the restaurant with their statement and said what is this??I agree that I usually NEVER add the gratutity and leave it up to the guest, but on a party of 6 or more it is allowed and then the mgr does it thru the computer, we are still required to tell the guest that the grat has been added, it says it there in plain english but you would be surprised how many ppl do not read the bill, and they add the grat which has already been added, that is wrong, especially if they just thought they were adding one gratituity, there is a space right under where it is added that says additional gratituity and more times than not ppl add extra, which is great, but I do not want to mislead anyone about what is or is not on their check. When you are talkin a party that is more than say 1000 dollars and we have already added close to 200 dollars for a grat, and they failed to read it, had one 2 many, or whatever reason did not understand and they leave an additional 200 thinking they were leaving 20 % instead of 40 %??? Nope , wrong and stealing. I myself have seen that happen and you would be surprise dhow appreciative my guest was when I went back and pointed out that the grat had been added and did they really mean to leave an additional 200 dollars, uh no, they had not meant to do that, so I was honest and did not get huge extra dollars but I had my honesty in tact. I have also had it go the other way, where someone did leave me a huge extra amount and meant to, I just like to keep things on the up and up, and it is not worth my job.

next week i see only one way she gets the boot

well its two ways

michelle wins hoh but loses the pov to nat / kevin

i think they k/n would be forced to evict jordan due to them not wanting to lose jury votes

Frankly, I would pay the auto gratuity AND a tip as long as Jordan isn't the one adding-up the bill. For her sake and mine.

Jordan should sell new Lexus. Somebody else would do all the work. All she would have to do is show-up and be sweet.

lololol slim, now that is funny. :animated_rotfl:

funny I haven't even watched tonights show yet, just not that interested any more, I have spent the day on 360 tryin to beat Resident evil 5 on EXPERT, almost got it done. I want to see what my prize is for beating expert, I will be watchin thurs tho, to see if that bogus spoiler is true, not!!!!, lol

I was busting up when she had on that Ellie Mae pink plaid type top. And Jeff was nice and cold to her. That's what I like about you Jordan. You're a big person. Too funny. He was monotone while she sat sniveling like a little kid picking at her blanket. Wonder who she would've latched onto had Jeff not been a HG.

[/quote

ITA

I would think that if adding a gratuity is left up to the server, then yes, the customer should be told. Many restaurants automatically add a gratuity charge to large parties tho, regardless of what the server wants. I've been told when making reservations for a large party that there would be a gratuity charge, which is fine and understandable, and we still tipped extra.

Fatcat--I can see why you are a successful server. I'd be one of your regulars. Honesty always pays off in the long run. My dd waitressed her way thru part of HS and college and she made some killer tips. (that's why I try to tip well, I guess. I know how hard the job is.) I can see Jordan making big tips too. She's too sweet to be anything but nice to ppl.

I can't imagine Jordan thinking that anything wrong would be going on re the gratuity/tip thing. When I read what she said (didn't catch it on the feeds), it just sounded to me that she was happy when people added an additional tip to the bill even tho they were already paying a gratuity. Maybe I'm wrong tho.

Re spoiler on twist: Ah'm just mad Jordan didn't get her lifetime supply of cookie dough!!! :animated_rotfl:

too funny

it would have been interesting if they were still on slop and if she wanted to go home instead of jeff

it she would have ate regular food if she has on slop restrictions to get a penalty nom like jen did

i doubt she would have knew about that scenario unless someone that watch bb 8 reminded her what to do

i heard she watch bb5 dvd and another season

i dont think it was bb8

that was only season i remember someone getting a penalty vote by bb

I was an Ellie Mae fan too, FYI. YAY Jordan - her "latching on" as some call it is no worse than Natalie being a lying little annoying puke gnat and latching onto Jessie, or whomever can get her just a little farther in the game.

Why don't those BB folks play harp music whenever Jordan comes out to the cement pond? They always did for Ellie May!! :animated_rotfl:

Joyami...do you and CeCeMom have any of those little rope belts Ellie Mae wore in her blue jeans belt loops?

Ellie Mae pink plaid - I have a top just like it and love it!!

Jordan looked better in hers than I do.

Jeff told Jordan she looked sexy in that shirt. He likes her country look.

But then again, living in the SE, we don't git out past the head of the holler very offen so my pinion might not count fer much. ;) (just a response to someone making a derogatory remark earlier about where Jordan lives.)

Archived