Is This Season Of Big Brother The Most Nasty?

SCRebel

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have a problem with people bashing the HG but I do have a problem with posters bashing each other. I get bashed every time I am a Dick fan. People can try to band together against Dick's behavior or any other abusive behavior in the house. That's fine by me but don't tell me I was raised by baboons or must be some kind of hillbilly because I disagree. If you think Dick is horrible & awful that's fine but I don't need a 1000 word lecture on the history of abuse against women in the 21st century. This is a fun message board about a TV show not a college level course on the ethical dilemmas of modern man.

If my smilies offend anyone sorry but I enjoy them & will keep using them as they help ensure some posts are taken with the light-heartedness that was intended because the written word can come across as unintentionally harsh.

Thanks & have a nice day.

sHa_friends.gif DB well said.. well said.

of course, i really dont like anyone in the house. i just pretend to. :animated_rotfl: the 1/2 a mil should go to the local pet shelter.

What I can say about Jen is that her position in the house is of her own making. She chose her actions and chose to isolate herself from any kind of friendships. I don't think Kail liked Jen but it was a union of convience.

I don't feel sorry for Jen. She could have worked harder to make herself likable and tried to make some connections in the house. She chose to work on the "outside" and that did not work out for her.

(hugs to DB)

I don't have a problem with people bashing the HG but I do have a problem with posters bashing each other. I get bashed every time I am a Dick fan. People can try to band together against Dick's behavior or any other abusive behavior in the house. That's fine by me but don't tell me I was raised by baboons or must be some kind of hillbilly because I disagree. If you think Dick is horrible & awful that's fine but I don't need a 1000 word lecture on the history of abuse against women in the 21st century. This is a fun message board about a TV show not a college level course on the ethical dilemmas of modern man.

If my smilies offend anyone sorry but I enjoy them & will keep using them as they help ensure some posts are taken with the light-heartedness that was intended because the written word can come across as unintentionally harsh.

Awesome post, DB!!

I really think that Jen never ever tried to make herself liked by any of the other houseguests. It was her downfall. Jen was just in her own world and her only goal the whole time she was in the house was getting the most CAMERA time.

Thank you Dumb... I am really very sick right now, I think I caught Cat's illness... My ears hurt, my throat hurts, my head hurts, my chest hurts, and I have a doctors appointment in a few minutes... I was medicated last night or I wouldn't have said I was going to take a break from this board...

I will say this, I don't ask anyone on here to defend the reason they like a houseguest, and I don't ask anyone on here to agree with me in anyway, if you feel I have come across that way, then I am sorry, but maybe you should ask me before assuming anything...

I will no longer defend myself for liking a houseguest... It's who I like and there is no explanation needed... If you can't agree that I have that right then maybe you aren't the person I was hoping you are ( and no this part isn't meant to anyone in perticular)...

I don't tell people on here that they need to stop watching, or stay off the boards, and I don't tell the ones that do that they need to stop saying that... Everyone has an opinion and are entitled to it...

If I feel Dick's actions aren't as bad as some of the other houseguest's then that my right... If I think Jen's actions are horrible, then that's my right... If I think what Eric said is worse than what Dick has said, then there again it's my right...

If you feel that I am not as good a person as you thought because of my feelings on this issue then I have to ask myself, who has the problem???

Hug hug kiss kiss.. what a load of crap... It doesn't matter one bit to me if anyone sees things the same way I do. There have been plenty of posts on here that absolutely amaze me especially the people that are certain they would kick Dick's butt for his treatment of Jen. Yep, that would do you a lot of good and also get you kicked out of the house. Any one in that house can walk out the door anytime they want if they thought they were being threatened, no one is holding them hostage.

I consider all profanity in the same light, doesn't matter if it's f__k c__t or anything else. You can always walk away to defuse most situations. Trying to blackmail someone or calling them a child molester or saying a father and daughter are having a incestuous relationship troubles me a lot more then someone swearing at anyone. It really surprised me that not one person thought Jess should have not just told Eric that she would not use what he had to blackmail Amber, but to also tell Amber about Eric's plan to blackmail her. But that's just me, I don't expect others to always view everything the same way I do, unlike some of you.

BB is a tv show not real life no one on that show is a victim.

imho

thats true marty.. she only cared about camera time. Jen is very odd... i still have a hard time trying to figure her out. after all is said and done, she still sleeps in the same room and stands and stares at dick knowing it will only provoke him to say more things.

they are both in over their heads.... no doubt about that. i think both of them should spend any money they make off of this show on therapy.

BB is a tv show not real life no one on that show is a victim.

Exactly, Missy.

As for Jen, I've thought from the beginning that she's VERY odd.

At first I thought it was just a combo of being very stupid and being very self-absorbed...but I dunno; she's definitely odd.

You know what, forget it I'm not biting my tongue any longer.

In the real world, we choose who we want as our friends and who we want to associate with for many reasons. One of those reasons is a person's opinions. For instance, I would not associate myself with someone like Michael Vick because he thinks dog fighting is OK and I am an animal lover.

I think it is perfectly acceptable to make judgments on who we want in our lives or who we want as our friends because of their opinions. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. If I want to make a judgment about someone, negative or positive, because of what they think of the Dick situation, I am well within my rights to do so as long as I don't start outright flaming them on the boards.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and everyone else is entitled to react accordingly to them based on those opinions. Quite frankly, it is disappointing to know that some people think it's not wrong to do what Dick has done in that house and I am well within my rights to think such a thing. I know full well plenty of people here have a negative opinion of me so thankfully, the feeling is 100% mutual.

The bottom line is there are certain truths we live with. One of them is it's not nice to insult people. EVERYONE knows this. This is an irrefutable truth.

Yet somehow, Dick has carried the insult to unheard of levels in television and some people love him for it. It makes NO sense.

How can a universal truth "It's not nice to insult people" suddenly be OK in this situation.

THAT is what I don't understand.

I think they all are dysfuntional. All of them.

I just don't see Jen as a victim in any way. That is my opinion and not something that should make a member of Morty's think less of me.

Ok I know I shouldnt, but I am going to put in my two cents.. For one I will admit I am a Dick fan, and I cannot stand Jen, the girl is in her own little world, and I must agree with the others who said she put herself in this position... She signed up to be on the show, no one is holding her there against her will, if this is offending her or bothering her then she has her right to leave. But she hasnt left, she has even said she doesnt care, and that all the insults dont bother her... if they dont bother her then why does it bother us?? IT IS JUST A GAME... and besides Jen detroyed Dicks cig, that is personal property, that he had to pay for, why isnt she in trouble? The fact is its a reality tv show game, and every year they will push it farther.. why because they can. As has been said before if you dont like it, turn it off and watch something else, no one is forcing you to watch it.

I think we need to all take a step back and not take this so personal.. it is just TV, and you cant say what if it was your sister or mother or daugter because it is not, it is Jen, and only she can decide what she wants to do... Lets get back to enjoying this show and taking it at face value, in a few more weeks it will be over anyway, they will get on with their lives and we will with ours... no need to get so upset over it, it wont accomplish anything anyway. JMHO

The problem is Marty, for someone like me, that opinion flies so much in the face of everything I am and everything that was ingrained in me growing up that it's hard to relate with your opinion at all. It is almost as if you just told me there is life on Mars, that's how outlandish it sounds to me because of who I am.

You know when you were little and your parents said not to touch the hot stove? To me it is as if you are telling me to go ahead and touch it, that is how ingrained this is into my heart and soul. THAT is why I cannot fathom how anyone could think it is OK.

I am not saying everyone who likes Dick thinks it was OK either. I'm referring to those who DO think it's perfectly acceptable.

If I've said it once, I've said it a 1000 times,

"I will respect your opinion, if you respect mine." Operative word is respect. Something that has gotten so lost in our real world in so many aspects of life. And that is why lack of human respect has reared itself in reality games and amongst posters.

You don't have to AGREE with anothers opinion, but respect it, as you would want yours respected.

In Lilly Tomlins words: "And that's the truth...." :P

Blackcat, maybe some of us simply do not think it's OK for ANYONE to be treated like that, mother, daughter...or even a complete stranger somewhere in Latvia we will never meet or even see on TV. For some of us, the act of saying those words is the thing that is wrong, not who it is being said to or who is saying it.

I think we need to all take a step back and not take this so personal.. it is just TV, and you cant say what if it was your sister or mother or daugter because it is not, it is Jen, and only she can decide what she wants to do...

Really good post, Blackie.

And yes, exactly right: "It's just TV".

If I've said it once, I've said it a 1000 times,

"I will respect your opinion, if you respect mine." Operative word is respect. Something that has gotten so lost in our real world in so many aspects of life. And that is why lack of human respect has reared itself in reality games and amongst posters.

You don't have to AGREE with anothers opinion, but respect it, as you would want yours respected.

In Lilly Tomlins words: "And that's the truth...." tongue.gif

THIS IS IN ALL CAPS SO PEOPLE WILL SEE IT AND NOT START TROUBLE. I AM NOT COMPARING WHAT HAS BEEN SAID HERE WITH WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY. I AM JUST MAKING A POINT.

I disagree with you. There are plenty of opinions I neither agree with nor do I respect them. It is perfectly legal for the KKK to hate African Americans and Jews and say horrid things on street corners in protest. I do not agree with nor do I respect that opinion.

There are plenty of people who, oddly enough, have the unwavering opinion that the Holocaust never happened and that America staged 9/11. I do not agree nor do I respect that opinion and I never will.

Why should I need to respect an opinion that is so diametrically opposed to everything I am in my soul? I respect people's RIGHT to have an opinion. Hell, you can believe that the earth is made of toe jam. You are well within your rights to have that opinion and I respect that right. However, the opinion itself? I respect that about as much as my navel lint.

now i am mad... sAng_pinch.gif

i have no "love" for dick. i have no love for anyone in that house. i think people are getting things mixed up here. just because a few of us speak negative towards Jen doesnt mean we LOVE dick. i think a lot of us have said many times that what dick has said IS disgusting and vile and horrible... (where in that does it say i love him.. or even like him?)

my whole arguement has been that jen does things that contridict being a victim. period. a true victim would avoid her abuser, she would not sleep in the same room, she would not destroy his property, she would not stand and stare at him waiting for him to begin another rant.... (again... hello.. anyone ever think these two are in cahoots?)

had dick been on BB6 and this was april we were talking about... you know she would be running to any safe corner she could find to hide from him.. she would not mess with his stuff.. she would not sleep in the same room, she would not stand and stare at him waiting for him to snap.

lets face it. there are TWO playing this game of who can break who. there are no victims.

I don't think Jen feels threatened in ANY way or is afraid of Dick in ANY way. She still trys to bait him and still sleeps in the same room as him. I don't think she cares about the vile things Dick has said. I think the only reason she decided not to walk out of the house and agreed to go to sequester is because they told her she would not get the Early Show and Housecalls. I don't picture her staying in sequester after that.

With Jen it is all about camera time and all about Jen. (not unlike most of the HG)

edit: good post fizzle. Yes Jen is NOT A VICTIM!

Blackcat, maybe some of us simply do not think it's OK for ANYONE to be treated like that, mother, daughter...or even a complete stranger somewhere in Latvia we will never meet or even see on TV. For some of us, the act of saying those words is the thing that is wrong, not who it is being said to or who is saying it.

But this is a decision Jen has to make for herself, if she is not ok with it she has a right to leave.. The sad truth is there is a ton of hurt, violence and many other bad things in the world that we can worry about, but I am not going to worry over someone on tv, getting paid for doing so... it doesnt bother her, so why is it such a big deal? I know if I were her I would react differently but that is because I am a different person as we all are. All I am saying is, she is not hiding from it, and actually she is inviting it in some cases, so we should just let it be, and see how it PLAYS out.. since it is just a game.

Really good post, Blackie.

And yes, exactly right: "It's just TV".

Whether you like it or not, TV is part of who we are. It's a very small part, but it is part. Different cultures enjoy different things and one thing America loves is television with this type of hateful drama. It's not just TV, it's part of our pop culture and says a lot about what we enjoy watching. One thing many American's love is watching other people's pain.

It has often been said if they put up public executions on pay per view it would be more popular than any boxing match or wrestling show ever made.

Archived