Is This Season Of Big Brother The Most Nasty?

SCRebel

Dep,

Sweetie I love you and you know that... I don't condone what Dick has done... He's vile... No doubt about it... I still like him, but not the things he does... You are one of my favorite people on this board, and I would hate to think for one second that I did something that has offened you... The only thing that I have ever denfeded Dick on was this last episode with the cig... I just don't see that he tried to burn her on purpose... Other than that, I agree that Jen hasn't done anything to warrent what she has recieved... More than anything I have tried to defend myself for liking Dick... I don't really know why I like him, but I do... I don't have really any feeling about Jen... I don't dislike her, but I don't really like her either...

My only hope in all this (meaning what you said and my response) is that I don't upset or offend someone I consider a friend... No matter what I still love ya and always will... :)

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to say what I thought, and realized it doesn't matter. If I said what I really wanted to, I would make enemies here. I just try and remember it's a game. None of this is real, and in a little over a month they will be back to their real lives, and so will we.

Depeche 221

I really appreciate you taking the time to post this. I could not agree more. I cannot for the life of me understand how Dick's hate speech is applauded. I continually see his actions defended with the notion "at least he is not fake". There's a difference between being real and being cruel. Unkind things run thru everyone's mind from time to time, but most people have a degree of compassion which prevents them from verbalizing most of these thoughts. I also do not subscribe to the notion that this is just "game play". It's just heartless and unnecessary.

I only wish i was in the house in order to defend people being treated like that. It makes my stomach ache when Dick goes off like that and all the people sit around and do nothing about it, but when they gang up on someone like Jen its repulsive. I was also watching the cigarette incident on dvr cuz i record every bbad and replayed it a couple of times, it was blatanly obvious that it started when dick walked over blew smoke in Jen's face, at that point she stood and started acting swiping at the cigarette without making contact by that point. Dick then kicked her and angle the cigarette in an obvious way that would burn someone if they were swiping at it to smack it away. Granted she may have been burnt no matter how he was holding the lit cigarette but the fact of the matter is that he did purposefully hold it that way specifically for that reason.

I've had the feeds and been at Morty's for many a BB.

This year I barely watch a 1/2 hour of the feeds a day... read updates mainly - but - check the BB threads in a hit or miss way.

I can probably count on my 2 hands how many times I've posted in the BB threads after the 2nd week.

(got to admit I've loved Old Guys wit and well placed comments when he jumps in from time to time)

After waiting for the show and counting down with the rest of you.... I feel let down.

Sheesh - I don't even have a fav that I'm pulling for.

Maybe it's just me

but, I'm feeling cheated... yep, feeling cheated

Yana

I have never asked that anyone agree with me. What saddens me is that in a post about about the "greater IMPACT" that this WHOLE discussion has, you made the comment "I would hate to think for one second that I did something that has offened you" but then said the only thing you chose to DEFEND was whether Jen burned herself or Dick burned her. (Trust me, Dick burned her.....As a former smoker, I watched that scene over and over to see if he was guilty....he was.). I am not on the show, I am not Jen.

This is about ALL of us creating the CRAP we are seeing. And what we are willing to see as ENTERTAINMENT next season

Do you all want a season of what has been building for the past few seasons and what we are seeing now?

Dep

I would have punched out Dick weeks ago in this game. Frankly, I could see Zack doing that if Dick ever got in Jessica's face like he does with Jen. And there's a sure chance of that happening after Amber and Jameka are gone and he's got to begin his endgame tactics with Vagina Donato. The miserable bastard can't feel good about himself unless he's tearing someone down. The type of scumbag that will insult you and keep talking so you can't fire back. So it looks like people deserved it because they could not get a word in to defend themselves. Yeah, Jen has some serious social problems, but the girl doesn't deserve a quarter of what he gives her. An asskicking is the only medicine for people like Dick.

I'm wondering where are these people who will step in are. I've never encountered one of you.

I am one of the people who would step in. No way, on my watch would anyone be spoken to like that around me. I am not afraid to tell someone to shut the f**k up and that they are out of line at all. Atleast Zach is attempting to stand up to Dick a little.

Dep,

I really would hate to think for one second I did anything to offend you... I have also watched the video and I can tell you that I also smoke and to me it looked like he was trying to keep her from hitting the cig... I will go back and watch the video again to make sure I'm not trying to be biased... You are one hell of a good person and I really am trying to see things the way they are instead of what I want to see... I try to be fair on everything... Maybe if it is shown on the show where I can see it on a bigger screen I can say that it is a fact that he is trying to burn her... I do wear glasses for a reason :)...

BRAVO DEP!!! I too wonder why no one stands up for her. If my daughter was treated the way Dick treats Jen, I would have a hard time keeping my husband away from dick when he gets back to the real world, not to mention what I would want to do to him.

When I started to get into BB this season, I did a google search for a fan board, and came up with Mortys. I signed up, got a user name, and joined in the snark. And it was fun. It was snark.

Even back then, just around the time of the 'ice tea incident', the back and forth on ED, and his behavior, was still light hearted, and rarely personal.

I started doing live updates of the feeds. That was fun. I think I did a pretty good job of it.

Then, the other night, I posted my 'perception', of the cigarrette incident, and was told 'you lied'. And that's when the board stopped being fun for me. I don't even want to do feed updates anymore, because someone might say 'you lied' yet again.

Since then, many people have posted their 'perception' of that incident, and it's fairly well agreed on, that different people can see different things. But the incident has moved on from being snark, to a look back at all of ED's deeds, and the talk has gotten more personal between posters with each day.

Maybe it's because as the number of HG's gets smaller, poster's comments get more personal, and concentrated on what others say about the show, and not what goes on in the show. Whatever the cause, it's not fun anymore. And I squarely lay the blame on that, at ED's feet. He is a polarizing figure, and the line drawn here is one of 'you're with us, or you're against us', coming from both sides of the camp.

Of course, ED doesn't know it's his fault. But what used to be snark, is now snipe. People snipe at each other, over what should be a reasonalby fun show, regardless of what goes on in the house. And that is a shame.

Someone wrote in a thread, that this place has never been quite this divided on a house guest, and that the interaction hasn't ever been this personal. I don't know about that, since this is my first time here. But the fact is, whichever side we find ourselves on, ED is the focus.

I didn't come here to be told I 'lied'. I don't like that it happened. People can say, I need a thicker skin, in order to hang around this place. I didn't know I needed one, in order to have fun.

I watched that scene over and over to see if he was guilty....he was.).

I too watched that scene over and over, as did a lot of posters, and I'm among the group that saw an entirely different reality.

Dep, I'm sure you would agree---a big chunk of reality is perception.

Bravo Dep - And thank you for speaking from your heart. yes we all say it is only a game on tv. yes we all say naughty dick, bad jen, it's only gameplay for him or she asked for it by wearing skimpy clothing. But the bottom line is NO ONE, man, woman, child or animal deserves to be treated with such disgust and - yes- abuse.

I am hoping and praying that the attitudes I have seen in the threads here and on other sites are NOT the true feelings of humanity. I have enjoyed banter in previous seasons when people disagree but it always had a feeling of "in my opinion". This year is different.

I am sad. I truely hope the same people that think this is type of television is funny would, in reality, step in and help someone in that situation. Unlike our HG who choose to either ignore or jump on the bandwagon trying to make sure the next outburst isn't aimed at them.

(I've sat here for 10 minutes trying to decide if I dare even post this. I know I will be attacked by some. What the heck - THIS IS JUST MHO)

Dep, I have always loved reading everything you have had to say, esp when it came to the hot men, i always agreed with you on that ;) I think we all see things in a different light and perspective..and instead of everyone saying, lets agree to disagree, things get hot and boiled over...I really like you alot and even though we see things differently, I still will like you..I would not ever let a show get in the away of how i feel about certain posters and instead of responding to the negative, i generally walk away from the board and take a nap, or whatever..do my classwork...i hear everything you are saying and you are one of wisdom..just thought i would let you know that, even though it might not make much sense

It's very true what zilchie said...it's a mentality of "you're either with us, or against us."

I don't like that mentality.

It's closed minded.

I can enjoy the company of someone I do not agree with.

I can like a person and not all of their actions.

I don't participate in convos on here about Dick because I don't want to get bashed for my opinions no matter what they are.

I watched that scene over and over to see if he was guilty....he was.).

Big Brother had a lot more angles than we do, and they told him he didn't do anything wrong. To be guilty he would have to be accused of something by the producers. He's not, and all we have are our opinions about what happened.

I don't feel bad for liking ED, and I don't feel bad for hoping that he wins the entire game.

If it was my mother, daughter, friend, etc...I would hope that she would either stand up to ED, or decide to voluntarily leave the house. If she chose to do neither of those options, that is HER CHOICE. Just like it is Jen's choice to stay in the house for as long as she has. It was also her choice to not fight back intelligently, but to fight back with the same hate and malice that many are condemning ED for. Two wrongs do NOT make a right, and I know that ED isn't a saint. I can't help but think however, that he is one of the best BB players we have ever seen simply because of the reaction he has inspired.

Zilchie... when you landed in Morty's you were lucky enough to land in one of the best Message Boards on the net.

It may get heated at times... but... any alternative is twice as bad.

Hang in there.

Good post, Snancy.

Can't think of anyone who would attack you on that.

You spoke your opinion..honestly and without rancor towards other posters.

I don't agree with some of your post, but I do with a lot of it.

And I respect your opinions in all of it.

group hug?? :hug:

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or funny. I'm serious. I think a lot of people have gotten their feelings hurt or toes stepped on. Up until this season, I have never flipped off my screen at a particular poster. To that poster, I'm sorry.

Thank you Dep, Snancy, Yath and everyone else for posting your views. I think Morty would be very pleased.

The first season I watched was season six so I don't have any reference going back to other seasons.

I thought that season six had some hateful, mean people but there were also fun people and it was enjoyable to watch the feeds for the most part.

But this season is just hateful and boring. I rarely watch the feeds because it is usually just someone crying, whining, bitching or ranting. Not one of these people has made the show fun or enjoyable. I think the only reason I like to see Dick (on the show only. On the feeds he is just a vile bore) is that he gives at least some kind of entertainment. Sort of like watching the boss blow a gasket and walk around the job ranting and raving. Not really pleasant but somehow funny. Or maybe I am just twisted.

But anyway, I wanted to ask if the other season had the level of hate that has been increasing in these last seasons?

Archived