Is This Season Of Big Brother The Most Nasty?

SCRebel

fizzle

We don't need another hate thread that endorses the crap we are being fed, but a hate thread where people finally stand together and stop taking sides and just say ....THIS IS WRONG. That is not such a bad idea.

We all play nice and nudge each other a bit but a smiley makes it ok. I have done it to uvp, I have done it to you, Yana...yes, I will admit it.

This is not about being proud of your previous actions This is about looking at what we have seen over the past 72 hours...hell, the past 7 weeks....hell the past 7 years......

We have all seen this brewing and we have been willing participants. I make no apologies for that, neither should you. But there is a point where enough is enough and watching a person verbally abuse and torment someone else should not be tolerated. There is a point where we have to TAKE BACK the POWER and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. It might make for fun chatter in the breakroom, or it may make for a chuckle online when you are behind your keyboard, but REALLY think about what you have seen this season and in the past 2 or 3 seasons and then look back at season 1 (before it bacame a "lets try to do whatever to get ratings game")

Which would you rather your loved ones were on. Be HONEST. Make sure that what you post is something you would be happy with your family, friends, kids seeing.

Dep

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whats gets me in both the game and this boards it seem like most of ed supporters are women. it seems like from i seen it is usually the males around here more vocal that his actions are not right. but if a female hg had the same behavior as ed the same women would have roasted her to pieces eg.season 6 to a lesser extent jmho

The world is full of different people who share their own opinions and ideals.

We all saw the same thing the other night, yet everyone saw it differently.

That's life. Don't take it so personally.

I only want to add that this is the first year that I skip entire threads. Don't even read 'em. I know that what's in them can tempt me to react, in writing - so permanent a thing, and so easily perpuating what I don't want to stand for.

We don't have to swim in the mud, too, gang. I know the oldies but goodies in here know that. What is this compulsion to throw another log on the fire?

Thanks for the thread, Dep. It started out refreshing and full of empathy. Hope it stays that way.

You know I am the one that, when people were saying that Jen shouldn't have come out there where Dick was smoking and sit down and then start on him, that said No hold on, Jen was out there first and he came out where she was... I always try to be fair and I am upset and disappointed that because I see things in a different way than someone else, that I am made to feel like I did something wrong... I didn't, the way I saw the incident was that he tried to stop her from hitting the cig...

ETA: I think I will take a step back for a while and stay way from posting at Morty's... I am really just very hurt right now...

The thing is...just because one person sees something as wrong...doesn't mean everyone has to see it as wrong.

To be honest, it's tv. TV tends to stoop low for ratings. Everyone knows this.

When I think something has crossed a line, I turn the channel.

If this is a moral question...well we all have different morals.

I can't force people to conform to mine.

Sorry Depeche221, gotta disagree.

This is the "Big Brother House," not Little House on the Prairie. If someone cannot handle all the lyin', conivin',back-stabbin', beratin', over-the-top antics and whateverelseyoucanthink of behavior, then they should not not have signed up to be a contestant.

While I may not agree with everything that is said and done in the house, I just wait around a bit, something else shocking will happen...

when people were saying that Jen shouldn't have come out there where Dick was smoking and sit down and then start on him, that said No hold on, Jen was out there first and he came out where she was...

Yana you absolutely did step up and say that. I appreciated that coming from you especially because your opinion is so well respected at Morty's. I hope I have tried to be respectful of the opinions of others. I know I have been overly sensitive to the issue of Dick for personal reasons and while I tell myself to just sit on my hands they still sometimes get away from me and start typing!

Please know that you are certainly loved and respected here.

Dep I have hesitated on this site to post anything in favor of Jen or some her actions because of how the majority of other posters would perceive it.

What irks me more than anything is how these self righteous HG follow ED's lead, even to the point of saying, now to her face, that no one likes her. I don't really care for Jen. She rubbed me the wrong way with how she reacted to her photo on the wall, and then taking down her mother's picture when she was HOH. But she has not did anything that should warrant verbal abuse, or tea being poured on her from ED. She had to adventually snap. I really don't believe that most of the posters condone how ED talks. But ED has been involved in a lot of twist and turns in the house that we have been in favor of. So please don't take what is posted most of the time as our approval of ED's methods.

There are a lot of ppl in our society who would say that a woman had it coming if she was raped because of her life style or how she was dressed. Now the same thing has happend to Jen. I would hope that if I was in the BBH that I would at least get up and walk off when Dick starts his abuse. Jameka sat right there and did not even move then joined in on the Jen bashing. Eric and Jessica joked around in the hot tub which just incited ED even more to continue his verbal abuse. ED had every right to be mad at Jen, and he did try to avoid her tantrum, but that did not give him the right to personally insult Jen and mention about her panties. Then these HG gave her the cold treatment because she ate....

I would hope that each one of us would put ourselves in these womens shoes and not condone the kind of abuse that ED has spewed out for 7 weeks...keep posting your thoughts Deb....

Great posts, Dep. I must say my feelings about Dick have swung back and forth like a pendulum. At first I did not like him, then began to like him. I thought at one time I was seeing a softer side of Dick - but realized that bb editing was responsible for that misconception. His terrible abuse of Jen, who has been one of my favorites, and the filth he spouted toward Eric, not one of my favorites, has been inexcusable. I do NOT want to see Dick or his daughter win.

My posts are usually light-hearted and I don't want anyone to think I admire Dick. My song about him will be posted on YouTube - probably tomorrow -

and it's all irony . . .the opposite of what I really feel.

I just can't believe how dramatic this thread is getting. What the hell is going on around here? Maybe people are watching too much BB, spending too much time on here, and taking things WAY too personally???

We're all entitled to our opinions, simple as that. I know many have disagreed with things that I've said, but this is a public forum where we all get to share our views... share our views..not convert to one another's. I love the fact that we're all so different and each bring our own unique perspective. That's what makes Morty's so awesome. If I openly disagree with something you've said and we discuss it passionately, it doesn't imply I'm trying to hurt you or that I dislike you as a person. It's okay that we're not on the same wave length.. we all go by what we know, things that have impacted our lives and how we've taken that in.

Seriously, get a hold of yourselves ppl, this is suppose to be our summer fun!!

When we disagree with each other..disagree, but don't hold grudges and certainly don't take it as a personal attack. Often times we feel one way, then things evolve and we come to see that maybe we weren't as right as we thought we were. Or.. maybe as time goes on we see how totally right we were and get excited to learn that other ppl finally see it our way. Or.. maybe we're all wrong, no one is right, or we're all right to some degree. Either way, it's getting way too sensitive around here.

i agree with soothsayer.

its part of the game. the game can get nasty sometimes, and you have to dealwith it.

everybody in the house came in knowing that anything can happen, and they signed a contract saying they understood everything.

if she cant take it, then let her leave. oh well, if you cant take it, change the chanele.

but there is no reason to be disapointed in somebody who likes a houseguest who is rude, and you dont like.

nobody is forcing anybody to watch the show.

i just know its part of the game, so i deal with it. (i dont agree with what you say about this dep, but im glad you said it. i still like you :) )

here is where i have a problem..... we all have had houseguest that we dont like.. thats fine. and we come and post things about these people.. ok.. fine. but then then there are posters that cross that line... and totally go all out and say such nasty things about the houseguest they dont like.... (and i am not talking about dick.. i am talking about any of them)

and hey... i am not innocent in all this either.. i admit to getting carried away at times too. BUT, i cant recall ever calling anyone such nasty, vile, demeaning names that i wouldnt want to be called myself. i find it very strange that someone would find dick's behavior totally uncalled for and disgusting and in the same breath wish the same treatment on his daughter... or wish dick himself harm. to me, it just doesnt sit well with me.

earlier i said i didnt want this thread to turn into a hate thread... what i mean was, i want it to stay on topic and not become a bashing thread, unless that is what it was supposed to be.

i will refrain from posting any smilies... and i wont post anymore in here since i have a feeling i am not meant to be here.

Zilchie...I hope you don't leave Morty's...I've enjoyed your

live feed posts. I tried it over at CBS's forum before finding

Morty's....the posters at CBS were awful, and hateful.

I know it gets heated here at times....but mostly the people

here truely love BB. I find it very interesting and funny how

so many people will watch something on the feeds, BBAD or

youtube and come to a completely different point of view.

Human nature ......we're all so different....JMHO...LOL.

Before this thread gets locked and reworked, I'd like to point out that there is a half a million dollars on the line for these people. If any of them step up to Dick while he's berating someone, then they risk losing the money. The money is why they are there in the first place right? I know I wouldn't put a target on my back 5 weeks away from half a million.

You can say what you would do in the house all you want, but until you are there it doesn't mean squat.

You can say what you would do in the house all you want, but until you are there it doesn't mean squat.

For me it means something. I know who I am and how I would act.

lol King, I get what you're saying, I just happened to see it right off the bat after I posted so it totally stood out, on par with what I just talked about. It was actually perfect timing for getting my point across. But don't worry king, I won't freak out that you "pointed" me out. I won't react with childish name calling or forever hold a grudge against you, question whether or not I belong as a poster here at Morty's, or be bothered by this conversation. I know that you're just some poster somewhere with his right to his opinion, as I am mine. Which was my point..see look..I'm pointing myself out..

Really, it's all laughable, but kinda sad too.

I assure you I would have stepped in and helped Jen with the cig issue .I have before at a party with a bully and it got ugly so I know from experience how I would react. My character would not allow me to think about how another person playing the game would hold it aganist me .

If Mike had been present I strongly think he would have stepped in to help Jen too because I think he is that type of man.

I completely agree with everything that you said in opening post, from Dick's coments and actions being disgusting to the point that BB allows this behavior because we (the viewers) seem to clamour to it. Not only would I not wish this bahavior to be directed at my sister/mother/daughter, but I would not want this directed at a woman (or man) that I did not like or despised. Game or no game, this complete and total disrespect for another human being is just disgusting. What I find just as disgusting is the fact that other guests have not only ignored this behavior, but it seems that they have even started to join in. While Jen is not my favorite person, she still deserves to be treated with respect, and dignity. Maybe people are just different here in Southern Texas, but pretty much everyone I know would have put a stop to Dicks behavior way before it reached the point it is at now, and I surely would have. I also feel badly for Jen's family and friends who have to continually watch their loved one be degraded and abused.

I do have one thing to say. When KAil was getting yelled at all the time by Dick, They had an interview with her husband and you know what he said? "It doesn't Bother me, I know It is just strategic." There you have it. It takes KAils husband for the truth to come out. He wouldn't be like this in real life. He uses it as strategy to get people afraid of him, and it's working isn't it? Now that is not to say i would do this, but it is purly strategic and KAil is gone and now Jen is leaving. If he, husband of a victim can say that, so can everyone else.

Archived