Floaters Love Or Hate Em Thread

uvp

me i hate them. it seem this year will be the year of floaters sadly. while dick danielle verge war against jen kail the floaters will get by each week untouch. i hate to see the end game with those dull floaters jameka, jessica, eric, amber ,dustin there. i thought season allstar sucks but now i look back on it they played it the right way by going after the floaters early :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it depends. Some people float until it's time to strike, while others float the whole game without making a strategic move. Floating is a strategy...somewhat of an artform if done properly.

thats why i hate it. some like jessica do it so well :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

i know lol :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

I'm jealous, Wash...I wish I didn't hear her 5 year old voice from that 12 year old body. As my friend said "Don't they have an age limit?"

I do realize she is of age for anyone who didn't catch the sarcasm. :food-smiley-005:

I have no respect for floaters (Jun and Erika come to mind really fast).

I don't think Dustin or Eric is as much of a floater as, say, Jameka. It could be Jameka just hasn't hit her stride yet and I'm willing to wait and see, but so far she seems to be floating much more than some of the others.

I don't like floaters who are like Jameka--never pretending to be on one side or another--just voting with the house. Of course, that does make them useful and they get kept around for at least half of the show that way.

I like floaters (like Jun) who go around telling one side she is with them, and then goes to the other side and claims to be on their side. So far, that was Nick this week, and Eric to a degree, although he can't control what he does as much as the average houseguest.

i forget about jessica too until i hear this screech that has the effect of nails clawing down a chalkboard, and then i think 'oh yeah, that girl's still there'

i dont like floaters because im pretty sure if i were in the house i'd tend to pick a side and stick with it, but all these people are familiar with the past seasons of BB and know that chances of sliding to the end are pretty good if they keep clinging to the walls

That's so strange, Carmen, I was thinking that Jameka and Eric were the only floaters I don't really mind. Eric, for obvious "Ameria's Choice" reasons (the second he makes a move, AC says screw them over), Jameka because it seems that Dick/ Daniele vs MRA came so fast and furious, she hasn't had time to choose. Same, i guess, cold be said about Jessica.

Dustin & Amber floating drops them to the bottom of my list. Even with Dick's DR saying how he trusts Amber most in the house (after Danile), but then her partner is "a snake in the grass".

As much as I LOATHE Jen, with the Nick caught in a lie fiasco she really started the game. If she hadn't "gotten caught", everyone would still be cortial. Now the gloves are off and the not-so-quick-to-judge people are caught in the middle.

But, the worst floater is Nick. Whether he's pulling a Booger move or a Janelle move, I do not like it.

I'm getting vibes that the floaters of this season are floaters just because they 1. can't make a decision on their own and go with the rest, 2. don't know what the hell they are doing 3. the purpose of being on the show is to show themselves off and not compete for a prize.

If that's the case then I have to say I'm not for the floaters and they should be evicted as soon as possible. I respect game play the most and people who can strategize about the game are the ones who deserve to go to finals and win. And yes, floaters can have strategy if they go side to side ---that is the true meaning of the floater. Otherwise, they're gliders ---gliding through the game without a move.

I'm getting vibes that the floaters of this season are floaters just because they 1. can't make a decision on their own and go with the rest, 2. don't know what the hell they are doing 3. the purpose of being on the show is to show themselves off and not compete for a prize.

If that's the case then I have to say I'm not for the floaters and they should be evicted as soon as possible. I respect game play the most and people who can strategize about the game are the ones who deserve to go to finals and win. And yes, floaters can have strategy if they go side to side ---that is the true meaning of the floater. Otherwise, they're gliders ---gliding through the game without a move.

uvp agree with ginger rarely but here i do. :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

What you're calling a glider I think I've been calling a coattail rider. Wow, the names we come up with. I hadn't thought about gliding. :)

A glider, to me, then, would be Drew. He didn't float -- he simply knew how to maximize the benefit of associating with others -- without ever really doing anything himself.

gliders coattail riders are what i call leeches :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

I don't necessarily hate them...don't love them either...but sometimes they are just forced into that role because others form bonds quicker or on freindship basis...the floaters are like the kids picked last in gym class...not really their choice.

I think it still may be too soon to label this years hg's as floaters....Especially after this coming week when Mrs. Robinson alliance will be destroyed. There's gonna be some repositioning or new opportunities for some of the people we think are floating....and none of the "floaters" are probably gonna be in danger this week anyways...so why should they stir the pot, so to speak.

I saw earlier Jameka, Eric and Jess were talking that they should try to keep each others backs since many of the others seemed to have strong connnections with others...a group of 3 like that, especially with 1 more, could be as strong as the other more obvious alliances. We'll see if they actually do start to play the game rather than just follow.

I just curse them for taking up oxygen on the planet...why plant a tree? Want to conserve air? Get rid of (insert annoying glider/coattail rider/leech HERE).

In other news,

Good Floaters get REALLY far.

that true but usually in past season you may have two or three floaters at tops this season has double that amount :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

I prefer to call them independent thinkers. I don't like a totally divided house (season 6) where everyone picked sides and didn't budge. I prefer it where there are two or three groups with no clear majority. Those people then have to try to convince others to join them in a coalition of mutual distrust.

Call them floaters if you like, I love them.

Reading certain comments...I find it amazing that people keep saying it is hard to agree with me because I am Gingersnaps...I agree with comments not with posters.

I talk bs sometimes and I am not always on topic as others, but I observe people for a living and my comments about this show are all observation. I call it as I see it! I never cared who agreed with me. I just say what I have to say like everyone else.

Archived