Floaters Love Or Hate Em Thread

uvp

year of the floaters :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jessica, Eric, and Jameka are the only 3 floaters in my book. Everyone else has someone to turn too. Amber and Dustin aren't floaters they have each other and Dick seems pretty tight with them. Nick and Dani are together. Kail may be now but I really don't see it Mike seems to be with her yet. Zach is the only other one I can think of who may actually be a floater.

Anyways you have to appreciate the games of Jessica, Eric, and Jameka I mean it wouldnt surprise me to see these 3 float into the final 3!!! They are on no one's radar and I mean no one!!! Jameka though is unbelievable I forget she is in the damn house sometimes! These 3 are going very far!!!

amber and dustin to me are floaters. if kail got hoh this past week they would be up there in her hoh room 24/7 :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

what you dont get out of all in the house they are the defintion of floaters to T. they were playing both side of the house last week. :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

danielle seem to want to use the floaters jessica and jameka for next four week. these two idiots i think will go along with her plan because they have no real gameplay plan :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

First off, let's give Uvp credit for starting the floaters thread. I was worried he would not get to start one this year, but so far, good thread and he should get the credit he deserves. Thanks Uvp!

So far I have not seen a total floater. It seems like everyone in the house has a small group. Joe would have been my biggest pick for floater cuz he talked to everyone and told them whatever they wanted to hear, but no one else sems like a true floater. There are some pushing the boundaries, but no one who is just not loyal to anyone in my opinion.

Dep

Dr Will and Boogie were the ultimate floaters. I don't really ave an issue with it. I think it depends on how your define "floater". When you get down to 8 weeks left there really are no floaters in the house per se.

The best way to win and keep yourself safe in a game like this is to be as non-threatening to others as possible. Boogie and Will personified that while pulling puppet strings.

Amber has great potential to be the best floater since she kisses butt of every HOH. If she manages to do this week after week and get further in the game - she's a floater.

Jameka and Jessica are pretty much neutral -- won't take sides upfront so as not to make themselves targets. I call them gliders and they add no interest to the game...blan,d bland, bland. They should go.

I prefer to call them independent thinkers. I don't like a totally divided house (season 6) where everyone picked sides and didn't budge. I prefer it where there are two or three groups with no clear majority. Those people then have to try to convince others to join them in a coalition of mutual distrust.

Call them floaters if you like, I love them.

Mendes, I agree with you. I don't think of them as floaters. I prefer a house with different angles and not 1-2 divided. A divided house was boring and predictable. Long live the independent thinkers!

Oh and since Mendes' post, others have agreed and supported...thank you. You are spot on!

YOF :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

The true definition of a floater, is a person who sits on the fence at all times, leaning toward which group or action is the most popular at the moment. Never actually falling of the fence to either yard.. Eric, Jessica, and Jameka are doing this quite well.

Up till now, I think Eric thought he had no choice, as A.P.

But at some point he'll have to make a stance and accept the consequences if necessary. Don't forget he doesn't HAVE to do all the tasks, or at least he doesn't have to "succeed" at them....just won't get paid...it may be a good idea for him to start strategizing and put the A.P. job as secondary.

He's probably a good player potentially, if he weren't so preoccupied with the A.P. thing.

I think he should become less preoccupied, and start playing the game.

My first BB8 post of the summer...

I like this topic and I appreciate everyone's opinion about the so-called floaters. I consider (JJE) Jameka, Jessica, and Eric (by default as America's Player) as floaters. Dustin and Amber are an alliance of their own and they gravitate towards Dick, Daniele, and Nick's alliance. It's not necessary for JJE to make any crucial moves because 1. they haven't been targeted for eviction and 2. they haven't had any real power to make any kind power moves. It's a smart decision for JJE to be floaters as it has allows them an opportunity to learn about other house guests on their own terms before committing to an alliance. For example, look what has happened to the former Mrs. Robinson alliance that was formed on day one- they made the alliance before getting to know each other or building some level of trust with each other. In fact, the MRA alliance is the reason why alliances of 3 or more people should not be made early in the game.

Floaters have a place in the game right now and they are equally as important as established alliances. Floaters equal numbers and to be successful in BB it's all about having the voting numbers on your side. The relationships and trust JJE are building with other house guests will work to their advantage if they are able to maintain their floater/non-threatening status until sequester begins. If they make it to sequester I would prefer to see them add people to their unofficial alliance of three than becoming the 3rd option or 5th wheel of another established alliance.

It also helps when floaters are likeable and JJE are easily my favorite house guests.

I don't see Jessica or Jameka, as being game players. They aren't going to do anything to turn the game around that will give them control or victory in the game. Eric, on the other hand has been a floater that could take control if given the opportunity.

Jess and Jam will always be on the fence, Eric will choose a side at the right time with the right people. Eric has been playing a floater, but he has strategy. He toned himself down after the first week as he likely sensed that the others found him annoying.

The true definition of a floater, is a person who sits on the fence at all times, leaning toward which group or action is the most popular at the moment. Never actually falling of the fence to either yard.. Eric, Jessica, and Jameka are doing this quite well.

yep :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

Quote from yesterday's Morty's summary page:...So here's the mystery: Who is in Dick's alliance? It looks like everyone except Kail, Jen and Mike. Last night he told Jessica that Daniele and Nick are giving him too much to worry about, and soon, they'll need to go. In a DR scene, Dick said he'd never nominate or vote his daughter out. Once, when Dick and Nick are alone, I saw Dick put his hand on his shoulder, I was waiting for Dick to call him "son." When alone, they seem like there's a bond between them. Dick has told Zach not to worry, there may be a place for him in his game plan. [i think that place is at Julie's house watching "goodbye" videos.] Dick tells Eric not to trust Dustin, tells Dustin not to trust Eric, and tells Jessica not to trust Amber and Dustin. I can't give you any answers, just a warning that even if you hear someone say it, don't consider it a fact.

Everyone seems to believe they have two or at least one "ally" so far, but I haven't seen anybody else, other than Dick, tell/insinuate to ALL HGs, except K,M and J, that they are in his alliance.

I would think it's okay, since that's what the game is about, if only Dick would stop claiming to be "straightforward" and quit jumping down other people's throats for attempting to play the game the same way he does. JMO

pov was funny to watch as the floaters stayed around and did nothing to distract jen towards the end :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

Archived